Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    I liked this first issue a lot. I wouldn't mind it being the new cannon. Not sure whats with all this fear of change if the change is good. And so far, I'm enjoying the changes in spidey and looking forward to the next issue.

Having Peter Parker's teenage years still be set in the 60s is ridiculous if they want a book that a new generation of kids can connect with. I think adding Gwen in has already added some nice drama to the book. Looking forward to what happens next.

Bonus points for Gwen punching Flash. lol Or was that a slap because a slap would be even better.
    I don't have any problem with it being in modern times. It's changes like adding Gwen that seem unnecessary to me. I'm just gonna take Axel's advice and choose to believe this isn't 616 Pete. I'll be able to enjoy it better that way.

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    I'm just gonna take Axel's advice and choose to believe this isn't 616 Pete. I'll be able to enjoy it better that way.
    This is as in continuity as Trouble.

Of course, that isn't a knock on the actual quality of this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

Agreed.

Now I can't get it out of my head that Trouble is set in the same continuity as Spidey.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Speaking of the selfie, I think the exposed skin and IP tracking circa 1994 destroy the bit of mystery his identity would have had.
    Where are you getting 1994 from? That's 21 years ago, and we all know Peter isn't even 30 yet.

Finally just read this......Thought it was a fun read, def not in continuity but neither was Ultimate Spider-man and issues 1-133 were amazing books.

Really fun read. Just thought it had some odd design changes.
    WHERES THE OSBOURN HAIR?!?!?!?!?!?!

BANNED

I remember something about Ditko saying that Norman's hair looked like that because of the kind of product he used in it. A specific kind that was popular back in the day. For some reason, though, Harry's hair looked the same way.

Mighty Member

Just read it. I liked it! I think it fills a very real need in the publishing line. If this book came out when I was a kid, I would have eaten it up. I have noticed that one sure-fire way to get kids (boys in particular) un-interested in a comic is to make it a "Kids Comic". They want to read the "real" comic. I see it in the shop all the time, they blow right by the "kids" section, often with a disdainful glance. The parents then try to lure them back. Now, having this book stocked in the "main" section of the shop, I have something that the kids will like, and the parents should have no problem with.

As for the continuity questions, I understand that stuff is important to a lot of people. In this case, I think it's possible that you may be missing the point, or overthinking. People who know about universe numbers are a minority, and not the target audience. To the target audience, Gwen DID go to high school with Peter, for example.It would seem odd to them if she WASN'T there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anubhavkumarc View Post
    No matter what Learning to Crawl changed, it didn't change this much. I don't see any reason why would this be 616. It even retcons Learning to Crawl, so Clayton Cole being in Parker Industries doesn't even make sense.
    And a lot of people feel that Deadpool and Spider-Man doesn't make any sense either.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    And a lot of people feel that Deadpool and Spider-Man doesn't make any sense either.
    It's definitely weird timing since Spidey just left Roger's Avenger team because of DP. I'll be reading it though.

BANNED

If this is the new history of Spider-Man post-SW...oh Hell no what have they done!!!!!

Buuuuut...I actually really doubt that in looking at the issue. As an issue...it is okay. Some dodgy panels here or there but overall fine.

BANNED

When MJ shows up...all the oedipus

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post
    Finally just read this......Thought it was a fun read, def not in continuity but neither was Ultimate Spider-man and issues 1-133 were amazing books.

Really fun read. Just thought it had some odd design changes.
    WHERES THE OSBOURN HAIR?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Don't give me spoilers, but the last I've heard it's most definitely IN continuity.

I'm getting this this weekend, but first I need to secure my Rolling Stones premium ticket.

Amazing Member

Has there been any explanation given for the rating yet? The story feels all-ages and was heavily promoted as such, but for some reason is rated T on the cover.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcl100 View Post
    Has there been any explanation given for the rating yet? The story feels all-ages and was heavily promoted as such, but for some reason is rated T on the cover.
    I have been wondering the same thing myself. I know we stock it in both the kids and adult sections. I don't know what would make the first issue a T. Maybe they have plans later on, and don't want to start with one rating and then switch, but that seems unlikely. I'm just grasping for a reason. If it's not all-ages, I think it loses a lot (most?) of it's sales potential. Not because it's not good, because I think it is, but because if it's not all-ages, I'm not sure who the market is beyond mega-fans.