Incredible Member

Default Image Expo in January Not Happening?

I guess Image won't be having an expo in January 2016. I thought they may have one in January since they've been doing one to start the year for a few years now.

Maybe Image realized they have announced enough books at previous expos that have yet to be released or solicited such that they don't need to put on another show? Just off the top of my heard, we're still waiting on the following books announced as far back as January 2014:

Restoration (Willingham)
    Great Beyond (Spender)
    Paradigms (Spencer)
    Cerulean (Spencer)
    A.D. (Snyder/Lemire)
    Black Road (Wood)
    Heaven (Robinson)
    Ludocrats (Gillen)
    Revengeance (Cooke)
    Sunset Park (Wimberly)
    Slave Punk (Wimberly)
    Crosswind (Simone)
    The One % (Andrews)
    Heartless (Ellis)
    Hadrian's Wall (Higgins)
    Snot Girl (O'Malley)
    Throwaways (Kittredge)

That would seem to be enough new releases for an entire year given Image's current slate of books.

I'm glad you remember because I've sure as hell have forgotten about most of those.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

I remembered the Ellis and Wimberly, because I'm looking forward to them, but I forgot they were announced so long ago.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I remembered the Ellis and Wimberly, because I'm looking forward to them, but I forgot they were announced so long ago.
    In fairness, some of the books on my list weren't announced but 6 months ago or so, including the Ellis and Wimberly books. Last I read, Tula Lotay said Heartless would begin in January 2016, but it looks like a March 2016 launch at the earliest right now.

Some of the books, particularly the Nick Spencer books, can probably be considered dead at this point.

I remember Hadrian's Wall because I remember being very disappointed that it wasn't actually about Hadrian's wall.

Also Crosswind was one that had my interest as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    In fairness, some of the books on my list weren't announced but 6 months ago or so, including the Ellis and Wimberly books. Last I read, Tula Lotay said Heartless would begin in January 2016, but it looks like a March 2016 launch at the earliest right now.

Some of the books, particularly the Nick Spencer books, can probably be considered dead at this point.
    I guess that's why it didn't feel like that long ago.

I'm still looking forward to a few of those (Black Road, Heartless, 1%, Crosswind) so hopefully we hear more in the March and April solicits.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Image announced and was running ads in their books for Hadrian's Wall coming out this fall, but as of February's solicits it's still nowhere to be found.

I was really looking forward to Cerulean, but as pointed out, it's Nick Spencer so it's probably never happening.

With Restoration, there was early art released by the artist almost a year ago, but no updates on that book.

Ellis' Heartless was probably one of those books that was delayed or cancelled after this health scare. He had announced afterwards that he was changing up the workload in his life.

I know A.D. is still coming. I had asked about it last month, and someone posted that I guess the artist needed more time to finish it. I don't know if Snyder's script got bigger or what. Plus, Snyder can't seem to do too much at one time like other writers seem to be able to.

And with Blackroad, this was announced I think at SDCC 2015 with an unknown release date with Garry Brown reuniting with Brian Wood from The Massive doing art. Dark Horse announced The Massive: Ninth Wave as an 8 issue mini-series with the first issue out this month and Garry Brown returning to draw that. So, I don't know if they planned on doing Ninth Wave first and then Black Road, or if Garry Brown is doing both at the same time?

The other books, I barely remember the announcements or forgot completely what they're supposed to be about.

All-New Member

I'm surprised there has been no announcement yet. Rumor had it that it was going to be January 10th. Too bad.

Surprised we haven't heard anything yet being the end/beginning of the year. Maybe something next week?

Garry Brown said on his Twitter when asked when Black Road is coming. He said we should see the first issue solicited with Image's April solicits. So there's one book announced awhile ago finally coming out.

Incredible Member

Looks like we are getting Black Road and The Fix in April...hopefully we get another new book or two as well