Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default ANXM vol 2 #1 SPoilers- Happy TImes AHead....really.

I have prepared my lunchtime for this.

spoilers:
    So this covers the group being in different corners of America. Let's get the ones we've seen out of the way:

-ANgel and Laura being lovey-dovey teens in Colorado.
    -Hank alongside Oya and Evan in FLorida. Evan is wrestling alligators. It's a cute thing. Hank was the one that orchestrated the whole fun Roadtrip and has tricked out the van to be the best home away from home ever. Cough*Bigger on the inside*Cough. He's also taken a cerebro and modified it without telepathic help. So no Telepaths in this comic maybe?
    -Bobby was being Bobby and having a good time showing off his abilities and entertaining the people of Texas. I find this really weird...

-And to Tyke...yeah Hopeless was not kidding about that dark place. Crazy groupies going around celebrating the "bad deeds"of his older self, harassing people like the old Brotherhood. ANd he's been underground for Months tracking them. Yeah I can see Tyke not having a good time like the others.

And things come to a head when he takes on the Ghosts of Cyclops and while he holds his own for a bit, its just not enough. But surprise: The X-men are here to save him! Go Team!
    end of spoilers

Overall I liked it. It's a definite brighter spot than EXM but its just confusing on how this works alongside the others. Characters were fine though (Still iffy on LauraxWarren along with Idie and Evan), artwork is pretty decent, and I'm legitimately wondering where Hopeless takes it.

As an aside: spoilers:
    Did Ororo reject these Mutants or just leave them of their own accord?

Oh and Pickles is in this
    end of spoilers
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

sounds like... a pass for me. I'll check back on the issue 2 review.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I have prepared my lunchtime for this.

spoilers:
    So this covers the group being in different corners of America. Let's get the ones we've seen out of the way:

-ANgel and Laura being lovey-dovey teens in Colorado.
    -Hank alongside Oya and Evan in FLorida. Evan is wrestling alligators. It's a cute thing. Hank was the one that orchestrated the whole fun Roadtrip and has tricked out the van to be the best home away from home ever. Cough*Bigger on the inside*Cough. He's also taken a cerebro and modified it without telepathic help. So no Telepaths in this comic maybe?
    -Bobby was being Bobby and having a good time showing off his abilities and entertaining the people of Texas. I find this really weird...

-And to Tyke...yeah Hopeless was not kidding about that dark place. Crazy groupies going around celebrating the "bad deeds"of his older self, harassing people like the old Brotherhood. ANd he's been underground for Months tracking them. Yeah I can see Tyke not having a good time like the others.

And things come to a head when he takes on the Ghosts of Cyclops and while he holds his own for a bit, its just not enough. But surprise: The X-men are here to save him! Go Team!
    end of spoilers

Overall I liked it. It's a definite brighter spot than EXM but its just confusing on how this works alongside the others. Characters were fine though (Still iffy on LauraxWarren along with Idie and Evan), artwork is pretty decent, and I'm legitimately wondering where Hopeless takes it.

As an aside: spoilers:
    Did Ororo reject these Mutants or just leave them of their own accord?

Oh and Pickles is in this
    end of spoilers
    I think it's already been stated that the O4+ left on their own.

And TBH, if they just gloss over the whole Terrigen Mists thing I think it's a BIG mistake. You can't have that big lethal cloud killing mutants and then completely disregard it.

Was stronger than expected. The preview definitely sold it short and I think this book had a stronger start than Extraordinary. In fact it's three issues in and it's still really slow.
    I could really feel for Tyke here. After all the Cyke business he is obviously not in a good spot and feels some kind of responsibility which is probably why he tracked down the Ghosts of Cyclops and wanted to stop them. After all they are tarnishing his name in a way. I guess reducing a library to rubble is not the best way to show everyone that you are a cool guy though.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Really strong start, way more fun and interesting than what Extraordinary is doing.

Also love the bamf.

My only complain was Laura's voice, but overall pretty solid issue. It actually feels like it is going somewhere. I enjoyed it alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I think it's already been stated that the O4+ left on their own.

And TBH, if they just gloss over the whole Terrigen Mists thing I think it's a BIG mistake. You can't have that big lethal cloud killing mutants and then completely disregard it.
    I think he's talking about the Ghosts of Cyclops. It does make me wonder why Storm seems to just be letting them do whatever they want.

And given that All-New, Uncanny, A-Force, and New Avengers all have at least 1 mutant character, I hope there's some explanation on how there seem to be so many mutant characters out there with seemingly no negative side-effects from the Terrigen Mists when it's deadly to mutants. UA showed us Rogue affected so what of the others who reject X-Haven?

I really liked this. Not as much as Extraordinary, but still good.
    This book is like when they launched X-Factor in the 80s to give the original X-team a book again. If you like the classic team, you'll enjoy this. It has a good story and isn't just something hastily thrown together like some non-flagship X-books feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I think he's talking about the Ghosts of Cyclops. It does make me wonder why Storm seems to just be letting them do whatever they want.

And given that All-New, Uncanny, A-Force, and New Avengers all have at least 1 mutant character, I hope there's some explanation on how there seem to be so many mutant characters out there with seemingly no negative side-effects from the Terrigen Mists when it's deadly to mutants. UA showed us Rogue affected so what of the others who reject X-Haven?
    Well, isn't the big thing with the mist is that it travels? It's not like it's everywhere. People were affected when it was near them, so as long as they steer clear from the cloud they're likely safe. Rogue was stated to have run head first into the mist to save other mutants, hence why her symptoms are more severe.

My only irk is that Laura's characterization feels a bit off, but not so much that I'd call it dreadful. Everthing else about this issue works. The story is well defined and set up quickly, Cyclops's mindset is explored in depth and best of all, it's fun.

BANNED

ANXM wins, they assembled the team in one issue and everyone is ready to kick some butt

Oh wow, this was good, really good, much better than the 3 issues of Ext X-men combined, the dialogues read really well (save for a few Laura ones), i had my concerns but now they are mostly gone (save for the road trip premise).

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Laura didn't sound right. I'll give it a few issues. Otherwise nice start. I'm not totally into the teen O5 but I wanna see what they bring to the new X-line
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    ANXM wins, they assembled the team in one issue and everyone is ready to kick some butt
    THAT is most certainly a breath of fresh air after the Eternal Will and Testament of Charles Xavier, isn't it?
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    THAT is most certainly a breath of fresh air after the Eternal Will and Testament of Charles Xavier, isn't it?
    Serialization to advance the story, with an OK episodic nature to enjoy individual issues. Is that so hard to achieve? All my hope is on hopeless