Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

The beginning was insufferable, but it got better. Nothing to write home about though. All in all can't say this is a strong start.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-02-2015 at 04:45 PM.

I haven't read anything featuring Laura before Wolverines, so while I enjoy her character as it is now, I get that long-time fans view her portrayal now as mischaracterization, and I personally can't say anything more about that. What I can say is that I was only planning on skimming the O5 stuff and just reading this for Evan and Idie, but this first issue has done a fantastic job on convincing me to not write them off just yet. I see great team potential with this lineup, and I love how we got legitimate action, drama, humor, and plotline in a first issue. Something I've been told is a rarity nowadays. Eitherway, marvel has won my money on this book if this keeps up. :3
    "Luck doesn't exist. There are no such things as coincidences. Anything can be rationalized, logic is essential, sense is irrelevant."
    -Future Evil Dictator. Or just me.

All New All Different Marvel Pull List: Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men, Spider Gwen, Ms. Marvel, Deadpool, Agents of Shield

Obviously Marvel can just have all of my money at this point in time.

#TeamGhostsofCyclops

Fantastic Member

I will admit I was pretty pleased with how quickly the team came together and into action, especially compared to EXM, as much as I am enjoying that title. To me the X-Factor comparisons are fairly apt, and I was hoping for that sort of vibe here. I kinda like the Ghosts of Cyclops, I'd be all for them somehow expanding into a greater threat over time - and randomly, I liked the buff energy-blasting crab-guy in particular.

So I admit I haven't been tracking too closely, and bought this as a starting point, but - where's Jean? I was a little surprised that the intro summary actually left her name out. Is this a retcon where she didn't come to the future with them? Is she not here because she's slated to get her own series? Or is she just wandering around the world telling people, "You're gay... and you're gay... bisexual...definitely straight!... stop eating chocolate ice cream, you know you prefer strawberry...."

And how did Warren wind up with energy wings instead of feathered wings?

Thanks in advance.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    So I admit I haven't been tracking too closely, and bought this as a starting point, but - where's Jean? I was a little surprised that the intro summary actually left her name out. Is this a retcon where she didn't come to the future with them? Is she not here because she's slated to get her own series? Or is she just wandering around the world telling people, "You're gay... and you're gay... bisexual...definitely straight!... stop eating chocolate ice cream, you know you prefer strawberry...."

And how did Warren wind up with energy wings instead of feathered wings?

Thanks in advance.
    Jean is in Extraordinary X-Men instead. And Warren got his energy wings in the Black Vortex crossover. Personally I wouldn't recommend reading the crossover, but you know.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I thought this was a good first issue.I like that Scott noticed how easy it is to gain info on someone at the touch of a finger with just their name. I like that we get to see even those little small details that would involve someone involved in coming forward in time.I laughed at that newspaper headline stating Cyclops Fan-boys wreak havoc.I am warming to the idea of this crew being on the road.I'm really not bothered with the mist issue being touched on yet because it seems they are going the decimation route of it not effecting core team members yet. So far Rouge seems to be one of the few well known characters effected.

Lol at Iceman's The Thing statue. #Solidarity.

I wasn't sure from the preview but I went with my gut as I loved the X-Men: Season One run he did prior a lot. I'm glad I gave it a shot, at the moment this looks like it'll be the only X Book I'll be picking up for a while.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    #TeamGhostsofCyclops
    I felt like someone was trying to deliberately make fun of Cyclops rabid fans (those exist?) with those ghost of Cyclops. But honestly they're no better that football hooligans that wreak Havok just to rob and insult others, and quite the opposite of every cyclops fan I've met so far

>The writing and [shockingly] the art were good. Kudos for making this issue de-decompressed.
    >I'm happy Tyke isn't writing letters to Jeen anymore.
    >The psychological state of Tyke really depressed me. He hates himself, is afraid of himself and what he might become or do, isolates himself and goes off on near-suicide missions... And don't get me started on Cyclops being the most hated mutant ever. This book seems to be the exact opposite of the recently concluded Cyclops series.
    >Yet another evil and racist human. She and Jeen's racist former BF should hook up somehow.
    >I'll laugh if the Ghosts are actually Inhumans. Meta as f#ck.
    >Absolutely no introduction for Evan or Idie? The ski sequence could have been shortened to make room for more alligator wrestling intro story.
    >With fellow mutants seeking refuge in HELL, why are these kids running around enjoying Earth and doing not one thing to help their suffering fellow mutants? That needs to be explained very quickly next issue.
    >Beastie Boy has mastered tesseract dimensional manipulation? Come now. And the RV teleports thanks to a [ugh] Bamf linked to a Cerebro. Too much. TOO MUCH!!!
    Last edited by nx01a; 12-02-2015 at 09:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

An inferior Cerebro because they couldn't be bothered to ask Rachel or Emma to help after Tean abandoned her friends.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    An inferior Cerebro because they couldn't be bothered to ask Rachel or Emma to help after Tean abandoned her friends.
    Emma is probably dead, and who is that Rachel you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Emma is probably dead, and who is that Rachel you speak of?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    emma is probably dead
    stop that.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

I loved this! All the Cyclops stuff was gold to me.

Some of the other voices did seem off though. I don't understand why so many writers fail to grasp Laura. Then there's Evan didn't say much and while wrestling crocodiles fit his character, I'm not sure being eager to dance is. Isn't he kind of grim and sullen usually? As far as Idie goes, I can't remember what her personality was left so I'm guessing this fits! She seems awfully generic though, I do miss her religious self-hatred.

Art was clear and crisp but Evan looked a bit wacky. His lip lines looked jokerish.

Oh... And of course the damn RV teleports! Come on... I want them driving!
    Twitter: @TonyBWood