Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    One In An Infinity amoretpax199's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Emma is probably dead, and who is that Rachel you speak of?
    Cyclops's daughter obviously.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    An inferior Cerebro because they couldn't be bothered to ask Rachel or Emma to help after Tean abandoned her friends.
    You mean kitty right? Cause she's the one who talked the talk on watching/taking care of them and well like the JGS kids she dumped that responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And TBH, if they just gloss over the whole Terrigen Mists thing I think it's a BIG mistake. You can't have that big lethal cloud killing mutants and then completely disregard it.
    Maybe they want to give people a positive alternative to the darker book that Extraordinary is and Uncanny surely will be. His Cable and X-Force was alot lighter than the other books and that's what I liked about it...

I enjoyed this. It was a lot more upbeat than the grim undertones of Extraordinary X-men. Dennis Hopeless showed in X-men: Season One that he has a solid feel for these characters. He showed it again in this. However, I think this series suffers from the same problems as EXM. It's telling a story with a lot of gaps. We don't know what happened to Cyclops. We don't know what happened in the mutant/Inhuman war. We don't know much of anything about the 8-month skip. So much happened off-panel and that in and of itself isn't a big deal. It hasn't hurt other Marvel titles. But the fact that the X-men went from having the largest peaceful demonstration in history in Uncanny X-men #600 to reverting back to M-Day off-panel isn't just jarring. It's confusing and contrived. Now, everybody hates Cyclops and we don't know why. We're just left to assume the worst and assumptions are never sufficient when it comes to glaring plot holes.

At the very least, we get to see some version of Cyclops do good. We also get to see the rest of the O5 in less dire situations than we're seeing in EXM. It's refreshing and well-done. But like EXM, the fact that there was this massive mutant/Inhuman war off-panel really kills the story. We're basically just left to assume that Marvel wants to denigrate everything Fox has the rights to in the most egregious way possible. They may claim that this is just a wild conspiracy theory. But when you leave plot holes this big, you're going to force readers to make these kinds of assumptions.

I did a full review of this book on my blog. If anyone is interested, here's a link:

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post

-Bobby was being Bobby and having a good time showing off his abilities and entertaining the people of Texas. I find this really weird...
    I find it weird too. Aside from the fact that mutants are supposed to be more hated and feared than ever there's also recently been a string of violent gay-bashings in Texas so seeing Bobby having fun with a bunch of Texan people who are apparently ok with him being a mutant seems weird and unrealistic.

This was so much better than Extraordinary. And this is coming from someone who isn't a big fan of the O5 and would rather have more actual New X-men in the cast.
    Characterization was great and the plot advanced well enough. I really felt for young Cyke and it's nice to see the whole team together already.
    Bagley isn't my favorite artist in the world, but his style is a great fit for younger casts, this reminded me of some of his best work in USM.

EDIT: Just another thought: is that bamf more powerful than regular Nightcrawler? Kurt is not usually able to teleport so many people (including their vehicle/home) through long distances.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I find it weird too. Aside from the fact that mutants are supposed to be more hated and feared than ever there's also recently been a string of violent gay-bashings in Texas so seeing Bobby having fun with a bunch of Texan people who are apparently ok with him being a mutant seems weird and unrealistic.
    No that's actually pretty realistic. The X-books in general to a pretty bad job of actually portraying people as how they would be in real-life.
    A group of Muslims recently made a horrible attack in Paris. Does that mean that suddenly every Muslim is a terrorist and in agreement with that? Im sure that many of them are just like you and me and despise that action just the same.
    Radical people are the minority everywhere. No matter if we are talking about neo-nazis, Ku-Klux Clan, islamists, gay haters, racists or terrorists in general.

This is finally a breath of fresh air that gets rid of the ridiculous notion that every single human on the planet is a racist bigot. News flash but Earths population is 7 billion people. If you really think that all or even the majority share the same mindset than you are a fool.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    So I admit I haven't been tracking too closely, and bought this as a starting point, but - where's Jean? I was a little surprised that the intro summary actually left her name out. Is this a retcon where she didn't come to the future with them? Is she not here because she's slated to get her own series? Or is she just wandering around the world telling people, "You're gay... and you're gay... bisexual...definitely straight!... stop eating chocolate ice cream, you know you prefer strawberry...."

And how did Warren wind up with energy wings instead of feathered wings?

Thanks in advance.
    LOL best comment. I'd totally read that series.

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    I loved this! All the Cyclops stuff was gold to me.

Some of the other voices did seem off though. I don't understand why so many writers fail to grasp Laura. Then there's Evan didn't say much and while wrestling crocodiles fit his character, I'm not sure being eager to dance is. Isn't he kind of grim and sullen usually? As far as Idie goes, I can't remember what her personality was left so I'm guessing this fits! She seems awfully generic though, I do miss her religious self-hatred.

Art was clear and crisp but Evan looked a bit wacky. His lip lines looked jokerish.

Oh... And of course the damn RV teleports! Come on... I want them driving!
    Haha no he's actually usually a dorky kid. He only goes into "grim and sullen" mode whenever traumatized or jerks try to rip on him for his apocalypse relation. AKA he isn't around Quire right now. Which is good
    "Luck doesn't exist. There are no such things as coincidences. Anything can be rationalized, logic is essential, sense is irrelevant."
    -Future Evil Dictator. Or just me.

All New All Different Marvel Pull List: Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men, Spider Gwen, Ms. Marvel, Deadpool, Agents of Shield

Obviously Marvel can just have all of my money at this point in time.

Amazing Member

this felt like a childrens book, i did not enjoy and the art isn't my thing either.

This happen in an alternate universe without any T-Mist or anything related? And to think that some people, on this forum, were complaining that Jeen was at university instead of runing around, helping follow mutants in need...

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    No that's actually pretty realistic. The X-books in general to a pretty bad job of actually portraying people as how they would be in real-life.
    A group of Muslims recently made a horrible attack in Paris. Does that mean that suddenly every Muslim is a terrorist and in agreement with that? Im sure that many of them are just like you and me and despise that action just the same.
    Radical people are the minority everywhere. No matter if we are talking about neo-nazis, Ku-Klux Clan, islamists, gay haters, racists or terrorists in general.

This is finally a breath of fresh air that gets rid of the ridiculous notion that every single human on the planet is a racist bigot. News flash but Earths population is 7 billion people. If you really think that all or even the majority share the same mindset than you are a fool.
    I'm not accusing every person in Texas of being a violent gay-basher, but considering what just happened in Texas with the HERO law it appears that many Texans are still easily swayed by hateful fear-mongering. And as I said earlier Marvel is telling us that mutants are more hated and feared than ever so it seems strange to see the now openly-gay teen Iceman getting along with a bunch of random people in Texas of all places which isn't exactly know for being a bastion of acceptance for minorites, especially the LGBT community.

BANNED

This was weird. Normally I slag a book for being paint by numbers. But I think that comics have moved so far away from the straight forward fun (yet intelligent) story telling that I was used to when I began collecting. It's nice to see a book get back to basics. Anyway this it was a fun read. Old fashioned but not predictable.Laura's dialogue did seem off, but you can chalk that up to her being more loose around Warren. But I am so grateful that Hopeless adhered to her type A personality without having her in some martial arts type combat. Good start A.
    Last edited by Mia; 12-03-2015 at 08:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I'm not accusing every person in Texas of being a violent gay-basher, but considering what just happened in Texas with the HERO law it appears that many Texans are still easily swayed by hateful fear-mongering. And as I said earlier Marvel is telling us that mutants are more hated and feared than ever so it seems strange to see the now openly-gay teen Iceman getting along with a bunch of random people in Texas of all places which isn't exactly know for being a bastion of acceptance for minorites, especially the LGBT community.
    As far as I've heard, Austin is a pretty progressive city. Texas is not uniformly populated by Republicans. In fact, the state may turn Democrat in the next decades, because of latino immigration.

---

Anyway, great first issue. I love the artwork and the characterizations are great. Definitely the best X-Book out there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    As far as I've heard, Austin is a pretty progressive city. Texas is not uniformly populated by Republicans. In fact, the state may turn Democrat in the next decades, because of latino immigration.

---

Anyway, great first issue. I love the artwork and the characterizations are great. Definitely the best X-Book out there right now.
    Remember, the motto of the city is "Keep Austin Weird". Seriously.
    Dark does not mean deep.