Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    Wait, I thought we liked Hellion?
    Well yeah, Hellion is the tool that grew up, while Warren never stopped being one.

Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    They should end it. I very much doubt that Hopeless, or Taylor, would care if the other broke them up. It seems to hold back both characters; especially Laura.

She needs to be with someone who isn't clingy, and gives her space. Oh, and isn't a tool.

Thank god, Amb is blessing us with New Class, as there is no Angel of any kind in the vicinity.
    Is Angel really clingy, I have seen no evidence of that. And I hope Warren and Laura stay together. It's the only thing that keeps him interesting. Angel has always been the most boring of the 05. that's why they made him permanently merge with apocalypse, that's why they made him the first to go to the uncanny X-Men and that's why he's the only one in a relationship. He needs her to not be boring

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenOne View Post
    Is Angel really clingy, I have seen no evidence of that. And I hope Warren and Laura stay together. It's the only thing that keeps him interesting. Angel has always been the most boring of the 05. that's why they made him permanently merge with apocalypse, that's why they made him the first to go to the uncanny X-Men and that's why he's the only one in a relationship. He needs her to not be boring
    The O5 minus Tyke and Jeen are all boring at this point, both young or old versions.

BANNED

And that's a BAD reason to keep them together. Everyone criticizes female characters being defined by their relationships, yet it's perfectly fine for a male to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And that's a BAD reason to keep them together. Everyone criticizes female characters being defined by their relationships, yet it's perfectly fine for a male to be?
    I have never criticized the woman for being defined by their relationship. For example I really like Emma playing the time of Scott's partner. I think it's a great reason for them to be together, until they can find a way to make Angel interesting without her.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Wrote a review for this issue. Check it out if you please.

http://www.comicosity.com/review-all-new-x-men-1-2/
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

On its own merits I thought issue one was very strong.

But as others have mentioned (and even more cemented in the interview released today) I kinda don't like how the terrigen mists seem to be zero concern for the team. It really takes away from the urgency of EXM (and for the record I wouldn't mind this if not for the fact that EXM is marked as the flagship book- I'd think it's main premise would be noticeable in other x-titles).

If the Incongruency continues I may have to not read anxm just so that I can feel that the threat of the mist is real in EXM. And I don't want to have to do that.
    Last edited by Grey; 12-08-2015 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    On its own merits I thought issue one was very strong.

But as others have mentioned (and even more cemented in the interview released today) I kinda don't like how the terrigen mists seem to be zero concern for the team. It really takes away from the urgency of EXM (and for the record I wouldn't mind this if not for the fact that EXM is marked as the flagship book- I'd think it's main premise would be noticeable in other x-titles).

If the Incongruency continues I may have to not read anxm just so that I can feel that the threat of the mist is real in EXM. And I don't want to have to do that.
    My understanding is the M-pox is a disease that occurs when a mutants come in contact with the Terrigen mist. If thats the case and the team is in a mobile home then I don't see why the mist would be a threat. Just don't drive into it lol.

My understanding is the M-pox is a disease that occurs when a mutants come in contact with the Terrigen mist. If thats the case and the team is in a mobile home then I don't see why the mist would be a threat. Just don't drive into it lol.
    Yea I can understand that so that part doesn't bother me.

I just have a hard time believing that, on one hand in EXM we are led to believe that x-haven is the last safe place for mutants to seek refuge, while on the other hand, a group of mutants is out and about doing just fine not being stuck in limbo.

In other words, I feel that EXM putting x-haven in limbo is supposed to give a sense of direness to how cornered mutants are, whereas anxm seems to really chip away at that idea. For me anyway.

Again I think both books have been strong on their own but for some reason when I think of the two in the same universe- in the same country- I just think it makes both plots seem weaker. I'm sure others can get over this without any headaches but for me it's an obstacle that makes it harder for me to suspend disbelief.

I just have a hard time believing that, on one hand in EXM we are led to believe that x-haven is the last safe place for mutants to seek refuge, while on the other hand, a group of mutants is out and about doing just fine not being stuck in limbo.

In other words, I feel that EXM putting x-haven in limbo is supposed to give a sense of direness to how cornered mutants are, whereas anxm seems to really chip away at that idea. For me anyway.

Again I think both books have been strong on their own but for some reason when I think of the two in the same universe- in the same country- I just think it makes both plots seem weaker. I'm sure others can get over this without any headaches but for me it's an obstacle that makes it harder for me to suspend disbelief.
    The whole "put the X-haven in limbo" is a weird situation. I'd like to know how long they were planning to set that up and if they only just got something resembling a haven with medical/rations/ and such a week ago or so. Cause the plan cannot work in the long term. I hope in later issues we hear something about contingency plans.

For here...I heard that New Mutants had their own thing going on away from the other teams. Not sure if the overall myth/tone/such was shared then but that may be what Hopeless is going for. But this is still the first issue.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I think that is more of an misunderstanding about the current situation. The Terrigen is not everywhere. It's a cloud that travels around the globe and the globe is pretty big. You could be chilling on a beach in Miami for months while the cloud is drifting around in Asia or Europe. That's why Jean even in EXM could live her life totally normal without any kind of downsides or risks for a prolonged period of time. It's just that you are never "safe" in the sense that the cloud could show up at any time while you don't expect it or are prepared for it and then you will be in trouble.
    That is the safety that X-Haven is supposed to give. Never was it said that that is the only the place where mutants can live. That would be a bit silly.
    Last edited by Galerion; 12-09-2015 at 03:58 PM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

BANNED

And we've also seen throughout the history of the X-Men that even if they're hated in MOST of the world, there's still small pockets where mutants are accepted and welcome. IE San Francisco during the Utopia years.

So- I like what i see so far, but i think I need a primer on some of the cast members. I know Kid apocalypse is tied to his namesake, but what's his origin? And what are his powers? Also need a refresher course on oya, and Cosmic angel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So- I like what i see so far, but i think I need a primer on some of the cast members. I know Kid apocalypse is tied to his namesake, but what's his origin? And what are his powers? Also need a refresher course on oya, and Cosmic angel.
    Kid apocalypse is a clone of apocalypse, with his powers but is not evil
    Oya can control ice and fire, and according to dennis hopeless she has mental issues
    Cosmic angel got empowered by the black vortex and is a city buster, but in all new wolverine he's more or less her personal plane

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    You don't agree with ForbiddenOne; agreeing with ForbiddenOne means that you agree that the popularity of a works takes precedence in regards to characterization regardless of the focus on the character; which would mean that in the event of All New Wolverine being the more popular you also think hopeless should start attempting to duplicate Taylor's characterization, which you clearly do not.
    do not speak to what agreeing with me would mean. In terms of being the bigger book i'm not talking about popularity, I'm taking about implied influence. Anxm is one of the three flagship x books so in a very practical way it matters more than Laura's book does
    Which is pretty much the gist I got from what you initially wrote. Hopeless characterisation of Laura /X-23 is far closer to the original introduction and the way in which she has always been portrayed. So his interpretation should be followed. Not Taylors which screams of lazy writing.
    Yes the dialogue is cheesy (and I think Hopeless will fix it), but everything else is in line with that.
    As for the skiing. I was just thinking about two other instances where she makes a reference to being participating in athletics. In X-Force #7 she tells Wolverine that she’s proficient in racquetball and the other one is where she’s playing touch football with the X-men.

You just don't like Taylor's characterization, which as far as I can tell is based on you projecting things onto it that aren't there.
    No, it’s based on having read the character for the past 7 years. There’s a certain template or kind of female comic book character that I gravitate to and will spend money on. To the point where I actually had two people point out to me that they knew I would love X-23. And believe me if Taylor’s rendition of X-23 had been in concert how she has been generally been portrayed (especially by her creators) I wouldn’t bother with the character.

A solo matters more because they're their story; if I thought Taylor was writing her unrecognizably out of character, I wouldn't care how hopeless was writing her because she'd be dead to me.
    A solo matters only in so much as it adheres to the characterisation, temperament and is in line with how the character has been portrayed for the most part for the bulk of the publication history. Then if it doesn’t it should definitely be ignored by other writers and creators. There’s no need to follow bad sloppy and lazy writing.