Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Fan-Favorite Mutant Returns in "All-New Inhumans" #1

In a backup story by Charles Soule, James Asmus and Stefano Caselli, a former Acolyte makes a grand entrance during a crucial moment for the Inhumans.

Full article here.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I am so psyched for Frenzy. She deserves the big leagues and her as a main focus here is bae.

I think I may need to buy this book now. Frenzy and Crystal are fantastic!

BANNED

My only complaint is the yellow jump suit as it seems to paint her looking like an inmate, I hope they change that outfit.

Setting the bar for "fan-favorite" pretty low there.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

I thought it might be Cable, Longshot or X-Man.

Who is frenzy, and how is she able to make a deal with the inhumans to find a cure for the tmists?

Spectacular Member

I'm a big fan of Frenzy. She was always scary when she appeared as a bad guy and the story arc she got in X-Men was very interesting.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

I'm not gonna lie, I actually physically cringed when she popped up spouting her lines. It felt forced, but then the twist ending's reveal transformed her introduction into such a truly amazing moment. Probably my favorite of the entire issue. I genuinely didn't see that coming.

I'm a pretty casual fan of Frenzy, but I'm glad she's got a place in this book. I hope she brings an interesting dynamic to the table as both a voice of mutantkind and as someone from the outside-Attilan. All that tech and insane self-regenerating biodome stuff on their jet alone should make any non-native Inhuman really do a double-take! lol.
    Last edited by redrunner97; 12-02-2015 at 05:43 PM.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Does this mean she will be appearing in the book as a reoccurring character, if so i may have to pick this up especially if the issues concerning the mists and it's effects on mutants will be explored.This also makes me believe that Frenzy may be the spokeperson for a group of mutants forming a alliance with Inhumans. I am predicting we may get a X-men + Inhuman book coming.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, I actually physically cringed when she popped up spouting her lines. It felt forced, but then the twist ending's reveal transformed her introduction into such a truly amazing moment. Probably my favorite of the entire issue. I genuinely didn't see that coming.

I'm a pretty casual fan of Frenzy, but I'm glad she's got a place in this book. I hope she brings an interesting dynamic to the table as both a voice of mutantkind and as someone from the outside-Attilan. All that tech and insane self-regenerating biodome stuff on their jet alone should make any non-native Inhuman really do a double-take! lol.
    You have literally captured exactly how I felt about her intro. I flicked through the book at my comic store and cringed at her introduction. I thought 'Oh great, all that progress she made in X-Men: Legacy. Gone. Out the window. Thanks Marvel.' Then I skimmed through the issue and ended up buying it purely because of Frenzy and Crystal.

Older fans may stay surprise Frenzy attitude but she has experienced some changes in recent years after Legacy that changed his way of thinking.

another mutant lost. truly a shame, she was one of the greats.

Wow. That was not anyone I expected to see! I pre-ordered this book, so I don't have it yet. Figured I would spoil at least Who this is, without reading the rest, lol. I never cared much for Frenzy earlier on, but I started to really like her during the X-men Legacy run where she became a member of the X-men, had fallen in love with Cyclops during Age Of X, but when they returned to reality, many characters had lost/erased their memories of the alternate world, and it was painful for her to have to put those feelings away. They really made her more of a "badass with a heart" during that run, showing that she was more than just an Acolyte, or a grunt of Apocalypse. Then she disappeared during a creative team shake-up, and we lost her to "comic book limbo".

Also, if anyone cares to look up her early days, she actually first appeared in X-factor#4. Not #1.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    another mutant lost. truly a shame, she was one of the greats.
    Yeah, because trying to save the mutants by diving head-first into the belly of the Inhuman beast is such a dishonorable thing to do... cry me a river.
    From the perspective of the X-Men she should be considered a hero -not a freakin' traitor.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD