Page 10 of 166 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    "Doesn't care for authority, but great potential and smarter than he lets on. That's the basics."
    "He's really tryin' hard to be such a hard ass. Don't understand it myself." Mayumi mused aloud.

"No, never found anything I wanted permanently on me. Ivan, my assistant, has a few though."
    Mayumi nodded. "Good on you, it's not a decision to make lightly. Figure if you'd have shown off some typical **** I'd have walked. No point learnin' when you don't respect the staff. Ivan though.. We'll see I guess."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Command Presence. Just a trickle of my Esper power, to get your attentions."
    "Oh, that was just...a trickle huh? That's cool. That's one heck of a power."
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Silver smiled slightly.

"Flattery will get you no where, Lucius. But thank you."

She looks over the others before speaking again.

"If you have any questions, ask them now."
    Edmund's stomach made a low growling noise he hoped only he noticed. The decision to not eat before travelling to Avalon seemed more and more unwise.

"Eh, will we get some food soon?" He asked sheepishly.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Doesn't care for authority, but great potential and smarter than he lets on. That's the basics."
    Him to a t.

He scoffed again. "Whatever."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "He's really tryin' hard to be such a hard ass. Don't understand it myself." Mayumi mused aloud.
    "You don't know what the hell you're talking about," he said sourly.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "You don't know what the hell you're talking about," he said sourly.
    "I see dozens of you types in the parlor a week. Angry at someone or somethin' for one reason or another, tryin' too hard to show the world you're not to be fucked with. But every time I touch needle to skin, they flinch." Mayumi countered. "So I don't care how hard you've got it, Grumpy. Doesn't give you a reason to be an *******, and from the way your Dads describes you, you ain't angry cuz he's abusive."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"I see dozens of you types in the parlor a week. Angry at someone or somethin' for one reason or another, tryin' too hard to show the world you're not to be fucked with. But every time I touch needle to skin, they flinch." Mayumi countered. "So I don't care how hard you've got it, Grumpy. Doesn't give you a reason to be an *******, and from the way your Dads describes you, you ain't angry cuz he's abusive."
    Curtis coughed slightly. "Don't mean to...interrupt whatever this is, but in this may not be the best time to do this. In front of our headmaster and all," he interjected.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Curtis coughed slightly. "Don't mean to...interrupt whatever this is, but in this may not be the best time to do this. In front of our headmaster and all," he interjected.
    "Hey man, it's cool. I said what I needed to." Mayumi waved it off.

Arx Inosaan

"Six...ty," Mayumi muttered.

Split second later she was in the girl's face, scrutinizing every line, blemish and feature with the eye of someone who made a practice- or living- of it. After a moment, she pulled back and popped the cigarette back into her mouth. "You don't look a day over twenty... So, my condolences." There were a few variations of Esper abilities Mayumi was dimly aware of, that'd let someone look/stay so young. None of them were things that had particularly pleasant downsides.

If this girl was as old as she said she was, that really had to suck.
    Mayumi leaned in, scrutinizing Maia's features. While Maia normally liked being eyed by beautiful women, this was a little too sudden for comfort. For a moment, Maia felt like she was under the microscope again, doctors and government officials looking her over like they had after she had contacted the authorities in distress. They had been just as intrigued as puzzled as she was, but from a professional standpoint, without the personal turmoil of wondering what had happened to her whole life. Well, except the Revenue Services guy. He had seemed to take her skipping sixty years of taxes as a personal affront. Still, Mayumi's examniation was over almost before it began.

"Thank you" Maia nodded, placing a hand over her chest as she nodded, "It's not like Ah'm immortal. Thanks to mah esper triggerin, ah skipped sixty years o'livin. One blink and here Ah was. So Ah would hope there wouldn't be any creases on mah forehead yet. Ah haven't lived'em!"

They felt it first, like a shift in the wind or a slight pressure on the awareness.

From down the steps and out if the main campus building walked a woman, her combat boots striking the stone ground with a dull tick of metal underneath. Her hair, cut short against the current fashion of long hair, was jet black and longer looking on one side than the other. Her clothes, a modified SAW uniform, seemed tailor made and fit well, revealing a fit and toned body of more than average attractiveness. Her face, pretty but not gorgeous, was unmarried but her eyes were steel and experienced. The green lipstick on her slightly quicker lips seemed to offset her dark hair and seemed to draw the eye to her mouth.

As she got closer, here eyes trailed over each one of them, weighing and judging swiftly until she stopped about fifteen feet away, arms crossing in front and one hand holding her chin as she looked them over again.

"I see. My name is Silver Nine, Headmaster of Hades Academy. Welcome."
    For some reason, Maia felt compelled to look away from her new acquaintances. It was the academy head, here to get this academy up and running again.

"Nice to meet'cha, Professor."

Mayumi nodded. "Good on you, it's not a decision to make lightly. Figure if you'd have shown off some typical **** I'd have walked. No point learnin' when you don't respect the staff. Ivan though.. We'll see I guess."
    Maia's eyes widened slightly, unsure whether Mayumi was joking. The words certainly sounded like they should be in jest, but Mayumi was so deadpan about it.

"Really?" She asked, her voice little above a whisper.

Francis watched his new... comrades making themselves look like fool in front of Silver Nine, this Academy's Headmaster, whose power, by the way, was nice, though he was pretty sure he would be able to do the same without using an Esper power someday (seriously, commanding presence? . Tired of watching this, even if it was amusing at first, and instructive when it comes to some of his fellow students' character, and wanting to get down to brass tacks, he walked away from the tree he was leaning on since he landed, and asked, with a smirk on his face:

"I do have a question, Headmaster. When do we start training?"

Silver smiled slightly.

"Ask her about the masked men who want to stab you, ghost girls in mirrors, and people-eating shadow men!" Turing whispered frantically from Raven's forearm.

"No, because there are no stabbing masked men, ghost girls in mirrors, or shadow men who eat people." Raven replied, before speaking up and asking "Professor Silver, may I ask you about state of most of the buildings on the academy grounds?"
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Mayumi leaned in, scrutinizing Maia's features. While Maia normally liked being eyed by beautiful women, this was a little too sudden for comfort. For a moment, Maia felt like she was under the microscope again, doctors and government officials looking her over like they had after she had contacted the authorities in distress. They had been just as intrigued as puzzled as she was, but from a professional standpoint, without the personal turmoil of wondering what had happened to her whole life. Well, except the Revenue Services guy. He had seemed to take her skipping sixty years of taxes as a personal affront. Still, Mayumi's examniation was over almost before it began.

"Thank you" Maia nodded, placing a hand over her chest as she nodded, "It's not like Ah'm immortal. Thanks to mah esper triggerin, ah skipped sixty years o'livin. One blink and here Ah was. So Ah would hope there wouldn't be any creases on mah forehead yet. Ah haven't lived'em!"
    "Yea... I'm sure I'd have heard about an immortal Esper by now." Mayumi agreed.

"But skipping ahead sixty years is a lot worse than outlivin'...she said letting her cigarette droop briefly before changing subjects. "Anyway, have t'ask; you be willin' to let me draw you? A time skipper alone is pretty neat, but like Emil over there, it's pretty rare."

Maia's eyes widened slightly, unsure whether Mayumi was joking. The words certainly sounded like they should be in jest, but Mayumi was so deadpan about it.

"Really?" She asked, her voice little above a whisper.
    Mayumi nodded. "Tattoo are expression of self through the use of your body as a canvas. Taking that for granted in order to get a tattoo to seem edgy, or fit in, or whatever other reason you attempt to use to justify it with, is a personal affront." In contrast to her normal way of speaking, these words came out precise, lacking the casual air of her usual self. It would be obvious that she took her artwork as serious as some people were towards religion.

"Art is life."

Arx Inosaan

**** this. He didn't come here for some armchair psychiatrist to pretend she knew him. He could have put her on blast, but he decided not to. He had probably pissed the hot Headmistress off enough for one day. He walked away and headed back for his tree to sit down. He could hear them just fine from there anyway.

The only problem was pulling himself away from the overwhelming Command Presence Headmaster Hotstuff was throwing around. Well, if she wanted him to come back, he would.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

They felt it first, like a shift in the wind or a slight pressure on the awareness.

From down the steps and out if the main campus building walked a woman, her combat boots striking the stone ground with a dull tick of metal underneath. Her hair, cut short against the current fashion of long hair, was jet black and longer looking on one side than the other. Her clothes, a modified SAW uniform, seemed tailor made and fit well, revealing a fit and toned body of more than average attractiveness. Her face, pretty but not gorgeous, was unmarried but her eyes were steel and experienced. The green lipstick on her slightly quicker lips seemed to offset her dark hair and seemed to draw the eye to her mouth.

As she got closer, here eyes trailed over each one of them, weighing and judging swiftly until she stopped about fifteen feet away, arms crossing in front and one hand holding her chin as she looked them over again.

"I see. My name is Silver Nine, Headmaster of Hades Academy. Welcome."
    Whatever Silver's affects were on Emil, it was rather obvious that the mechanical bodied cadet wouldn't show it. The only thing Emil did was give Silver a salute much like he had given Morgan earlier. Little did anyone know that Emil had been saluting, not entirely out of a respect, but rather because Emil had only recently learned what a salute was and thought it was neat.

Silver smiled slightly.

Lucius ignored the rabble and arguments that the others were having, and took a couple of steps closer to the headmaster.

"This dossier you have one me seems quite interesting, you don't happen to have a copy to send my way?"

Before she could answer he stepped away."I dont actually want it. It'll be outdated quickly, at least once my abilities increase exponentially. I trust your teaching will be able to get me there."

He ruffled his pink hair "Anyway, what can you do? What makes you special? Besides that attention getting trick."