Page 13 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Silver looked at everyone and spoke.

"Lucius has asked for a demonstration. Before I do so, have any of you ever met or seen a Class 5 Espee use their powers before?"
    "Not really, though I've read articles on them," Curtis answered. "Would be interesting to see one in actio-oh! Notes!" he exclaimed, taking care to step back as Silver instructed while drawing out a notebook and pen from his bag. "We should be taking notes, correct?"

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Silver's demeanor changes, her eyes growing imperious as her power surges outward.

Before hand, the trickle of power she had used had drawn their attention, making her their priority. Now, however, her presence was unleashed.

Like the heartbeat of a terribly large creature, or the beat of the wings of a monster, her power encompassed them. Alongside it, a deep and terrible fear crept into their hearts. Fear, terror welled up and Silver no longer looked like she had, instead her countenance was awful. Her eyes, like ice, pierced their hearts and kept them frozen in place (even Emil was not immune) and around her light seemed to dim and color dulled.

She took a step forward, and the force was worse to the point of near stark panic before the power fell away and all was normal once more. Silver looks at them and smiles slightly.

"Command Presence lets me command attention and draw people's minds and eyes toward me. What you just saw was another facet of Command Presence. Instead of commanding your attention to me, I commanded your attention to fear and terror. I can shift your attention to other emotions as well, though only a few. Trust being one of them. Comes in handy for hostage negotiations."
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 12-06-2015 at 12:24 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Silver's demeanor changes, her eyes growing imperious as her power surges outward.

Before hand, the trickle of power she had used had drawn their attention, making her their priority. Now, however, her presence was unleashed.

Like the heartbeat of a terribly large creature, or the beat of the wings of a monster, her power encompassed them. Alongside it, a deep and terrible fear crept into their hearts. Fear, terror welled up and Silver no longer looked like she had, instead her countenance was awful. Her eyes, like ice, pierced their hearts and kept them frozen in place (even Emil was not immune) and around her light seemed to dim and color dulled.

She took a step forward, and the force was worse to the point of near stark panic before the power fell away and all was normal once more. Silver looks at them and smiles slightly.

"Command Presence lets me command attention and draw people's minds and eyes toward me. What you just saw was another facet of Command Presence. Instead of commanding your attention to me, I commanded your attention to fear and terror. I can shift your attention to other emotions as well, though only a few. Trust being one of them. Comes in handy for hostage negotiations."
    To say Emil was not prepared was quite an understatement. Years of emotional and sensorial isolation had made Emil nearly numb to feelings, but Silver's presence sliced through the numbness like one took a blowtorch through ice. The fight or flight aspect of the brain switched on, and for someone like Emil, the only hope available was to flee. The Fat-Boy lurched forward before falling on its face and only those who could sense energy would notice the wisp of essence flying into the nearest patch of ground for safety.

Rose fell over on her back, trembling. (Unreal....that was so unreal.)
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Having experience with 4s and 5s, Flip took the attack well. Better than some of those around him. That is not to say he wasn't affected, his heart was still racing, but he stood his ground against it. Once it was over, "Wow, that's impressive." then shook it off.

After a moment, he spoke up, "Headmaster Nine, I just want you to know, as impressive as that was, I hope I'm never at that level of power. All I need is to get what I got under control and I'll be perfectly happy."
    Last edited by Tami; 12-06-2015 at 02:37 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Sweat poured down Curtis' forehead as he glanced at his notebook, the page he'd opened now covered in illegible scribbles. "God..." he panted, feeling his voice come back after what seemed like an eternity of unintelligible stammering. "I hope you can teach us what the hell we're supposed to to defend against things like this if we come to face them..."

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Grunt made a sharp exhalation at the wave, but the sensation was hardly anything new to her, and she let it roll off her like she had thousands of times before. Fear she could navigate. Anger she could navigate. Depression she could navigate. Had the woman used anything else, though, she'd probably be having a panic attack.

Silver manifested her power and Lucius was completely unable to resist it.

I've made a horrible mistake. Now she's going to kill me. I have to get out of here. I have to get out now. but he was frozen in place.

Once it was over and the fear was gone, Lucius dropped to the ground on one knee. All he felt was relief, then something else.

"Amazing. That was amazing. You are no joke." He stood up and brushed the dirt off his pants.

"What a rush that was. I dont think ive ever been that scared before."

"Like I said, fear is only one of its sub abilities. Trust I used more when in the SAW's. Now then, as to defending against it, there are some ways. The higher a persons Esper power, they seem to shrug it off easier or be less effected. Granted, I was only using about 50% there. At full power, my range and aura are larger."

"Now then, follow me and I'll introduce you all to Ivan and get your rooms assigned."

She glances at Emil and sighs slightly.

"Emil, you're fine. Go ahead and re-inhabit your robotic body, please."

A trickle of trust caressed Emil, coaxing him back in.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Having experience with 4s and 5s, Flip took the attack well. Better than some of those around him. That is not to say he wasn't affected, his heart was still racing, but he stood his ground against it. Once it was over, "Wow, that's impressive." then shook it off.

After a moment, he spoke up, "Headmaster Nine, I just want you to know, as impressive as that was, I hope I'm never at that level of power. All I need is to get what I got under control and I'll be perfectly happy."
    "That's admirable. Don't worry, we'll help you with that control."
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Mayumi expected a lot of things today. A pink haired idiot getting a Level 5 Esper to open up was not one of them.

When the fear wave it, it caught her broadside. The desire to flee clawing at her with black tendrils, to give up on why she was here and simply turn tail and run back to the relative safety of the tattoo parlor she worked at when she felt like it.

But she couldn't do that. Lifting up her hard, she nearly did something incredibly stupid, before Silver shut the power off and smiled.

"You're a fu-"

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    To say Emil was not prepared was quite an understatement. Years of emotional and sensorial isolation had made Emil nearly numb to feelings, but Silver's presence sliced through the numbness like one took a blowtorch through ice. The fight or flight aspect of the brain switched on, and for someone like Emil, the only hope available was to flee. The Fat-Boy lurched forward before falling on its face and only those who could sense energy would notice the wisp of essence flying into the nearest patch of ground for safety.
    The jarring crash of something rather large striking the ground cut her off midsentence, however, and turning around Mayumi saw that Emil was either attempting to eat dirt, or had passed on.

She hustled over and tried to shake him awake before realizing it was a wasted effort and merely took a seat next to his oversized shoulder.

"Real fuckin' cool, guys."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Fear flooded into Jan's mind. The colours of the sky seemed to shift and turn menacing. Jan clutched her hands together, earlier excitement forgotten, as her senses attuned themselves to a needle point, straining to flee or fight.

Slowly, the power receded, and Jan let out a slow breath.

"That was...awesome. Not good I mean. Awe inspiring. Aw?"

She was at a loss for words. Her mind was spinning

I wonder if I'll be able to do that one day.

A part of her noticed that she seemed to be less afraid than the others. She wondered if this was important.
    Last edited by Postmania; 12-06-2015 at 03:16 PM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Hey, could you not ever do that again? Thanks."

Carter's face was drenched in sweat. He hadn't ever been that scared before in his entire life, even though he had felt something like it before.

Not quite that strong, but still.

He stood, having to brace himself on his tree to keep from falling. His knees were shaking so damn badly.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member

When he was first hit by the power Edmund froze completely stock still and couldn't do nothing but tremble noticeably in terror and emit a low pitch wail of terror as he accepted his obviously inevitable doom.

Once the headmaster stopped using her ability his thoughts raced as his face twisted itself in a distorted mix of fear and giddyness. "That was terrifying, and awesome. Mostly terrifying. Never piss off the headmaster. Not that I was going to. But now I'm extra not doing it. I can't wait until I get that good.
    "Like I said, fear is only one of its sub abilities. Trust I used more when in the SAW's. Now then, as to defending against it, there are some ways. The higher a persons Esper power, they seem to shrug it off easier or be less effected. Granted, I was only using about 50% there. At full power, my range and aura are larger."

"Now then, follow me and I'll introduce you all to Ivan and get your rooms assigned."

She glances at Emil and sighs slightly.

"Emil, you're fine. Go ahead and re-inhabit your robotic body, please."

A trickle of trust caressed Emil, coaxing him back in.
    Edmund tried to move his feet to follow that headmaster but found that he was still just teeny tiny bit terrified and almost backed away from the school.

It took him half a minute just to begin slowly and carefully walk after everybody.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 12-06-2015 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Mayumi expected a lot of things today. A pink haired idiot getting a Level 5 Esper to open up was not one of them.

When the fear wave it, it caught her broadside. The desire to flee clawing at her with black tendrils, to give up on why she was here and simply turn tail and run back to the relative safety of the tattoo parlor she worked at when she felt like it.

But she couldn't do that. Lifting up her hard, she nearly did something incredibly stupid, before Silver shut the power off and smiled.

"You're a fu-"

The jarring crash of something rather large striking the ground cut her off midsentence, however, and turning around Mayumi saw that Emil was either attempting to eat dirt, or had passed on.

She hustled over and tried to shake him awake before realizing it was a wasted effort and merely took a seat next to his oversized shoulder.

"Real fuckin' cool, guys."
    "If it's gonna happen, best it happen here and not in some back alley. Like it or not, there are others out there with Power like this. Not many, but enough. So get used to it."
    Last edited by Tami; 12-06-2015 at 03:34 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.