Page 2 of 166 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Smiling back, Raven said "I am doing just fine, thank you for asking. My name is Raven Williams, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"And I'm Turing!" came from Raven's wrist, and with a soft smile Raven lifted her arm, revealing the screen on her forearm with a smiling, waving pink-haired girl there.

"This is Turing, my personal AI assistant."
    Edmund's stared wide eyed at Turing for a moment as his grin became less embarrassed and more awed.

"That is so cool! How long have you had this... it... her... Turing! How long have you had Turing! What can she assist with? How..." Edmund realised how he was acting and composed himself.

"I ugh, I mean, *cough* Hello, I'm Edmund Kinsley. Very nice to meet both of you. Raven. Turing."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Overhead, a small personal aircraft made a circle of the Campus.

Finding a safe place to land, Flip switched to anti-grav hover and gently lowered the craft to a safe landing. Once it had landed, he grabbed his bag from the storage compartment, disengaged the airshield, and hopped out onto the ground. The plane then automatically secured its self.

Walking casually, yet confidently, he made his way to the campus building.
    Dropping his travel bag onto the ground, Flip looked up at the building. "Mon dieu." he shook his head, "Perhaps I should have taken my sister's advice."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Popping a cigarette into her mouth and lighting it, Mayumi really had to admit; the place was kind of a dump.

The forest was nice, sure, and one of the few forests that actually felt like it in the city. But the buildings ... boarded up windows, cracked walls and chipped paint. The buildings that weren't close to the main building looked even worse off; hell, as she was approaching the main building, she couldn't help but notice that even it was pretty trashy looking. Compared to the rest of the buildings in Avalon, this place was probably treated like an eyesore. Not to mention the history of the place. Nothing like a scandal to add character.

But that was exactly why she was there.

Well, that and well ... this was the only one that had accepted her. The other academies hadn't been too keen on a 'student' that was nearly twenty-two, let alone one that was already somewhat competent in the use of her Esper abilities.

'Fuckin' bureaucrats.'

But that's generally who paid the most for splotches of blues, reds, and yellows on a canvas.

'... Lovable fuckin' bureaucrats; and so the world continues to turn.'

It was about this time, finished as she was musing about the endearing architectural qualities of her new home; that she realized that a surprising number of the other students had turned up. The most obvious question in her mind, however, really didn't have anything to do with their age- which was ranging from super young to not much older from what she could tell- was,

"What the hell is with all the hover-**** and flying cars? I miss a memo?" Or a lot of these kids were rich little shits. Or both.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Dropping his travel bag onto the ground, Flip looked up at the building. "Mon dieu." he shook his head, "Perhaps I should have taken my sister's advice."
    "Yo!" Rose called out to Flip.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Edmund's stared wide eyed at Turing for a moment as his grin became less embarrassed and more awed.

"That is so cool! How long have you had this... it... her... Turing! How long have you had Turing! What can she assist with? How..." Edmund realised how he was acting and composed himself.

"I ugh, I mean, *cough* Hello, I'm Edmund Kinsley. Very nice to meet both of you. Raven. Turing."
    Keeping her smile at Edmund's antics, she decided to agree to his unspoken desire to ignore his previous actions and instead asked "So, what kind of "esper" ability do you have that brings you to this school Edmund, if you don't mind me asking?"
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Popping a cigarette into her mouth and lighting it,
    "Hey! You got another one of those?" Carter called out from his spot against the tree. These people were already pissing him off and it hadn't even been ten minutes. Might as well have something enjoyable to do whole suffering.

And something enjoyable to look at.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member

Keeping her smile at Edmund's antics, she decided to agree to his unspoken desire to ignore his previous actions and instead asked "So, what kind of "esper" ability do you have that brings you to this school Edmund, if you don't mind me asking?"
    Edmund sigh happily, glad that Raven didn't acknowledge his dorkiness. "Just a simple forcefield." He demonstrated the ability by manifesting a transparent blue energy wall the size of an adult man in front of him. "It's good for when people throw stuff at you." The forcefield disappeared and he smiled sheepishly. "But I don't think it's an especially advanced ability or anything like what I've heard some people talk about. What about you Raven? I bet you have a way cool ability. If you don't mind me asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    "Yo!" Rose called out to Flip.
    Looking around, he found the source of the voice. An Attractive, though rather young woman. With a polite, friendly smile and a nod, "Hello to you as well."

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Edmund sigh happily, glad that Raven didn't acknowledge his dorkiness. "Just a simple forcefield." He demonstrated the ability by manifesting a transparent blue energy wall the size of an adult man in front of him. "It's good for when people throw stuff at you." The forcefield disappeared and he smiled sheepishly. "But I don't think it's an especially advanced ability or anything like what I've heard some people talk about. What about you Raven? I bet you have a way cool ability. If you don't mind me asking."
    Raven smiled and said "Oh, nothing too amazing, just the ability to attract and repel things." She held out a hand and drew a nearby branch to her hand, but before it touched her palm she sent it flying away like it'd been shot out of a cannon.

"Though I can only do it with things up to the size of a basketball. I can also perform a rather short-ranged repulsion "blast" with me at the epicenter, though it's no stronger the my focused version."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Hey! You got another one of those?" Carter called out from his spot against the tree. These people were already pissing him off and it hadn't even been ten minutes. Might as well have something enjoyable to do whole suffering.

And something enjoyable to look at.
    "You older than twelve?" Mayumi immediately shot back, without bothering to turn around.

She knew what they were after anyway.. No matter where you were, someone always wanted to bum a smoke.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Popping a cigarette into her mouth and lighting it, Mayumi really had to admit; the place was kind of a dump.

The forest was nice, sure, and one of the few forests that actually felt like it in the city. But the buildings ... boarded up windows, cracked walls and chipped paint. The buildings that weren't close to the main building looked even worse off; hell, as she was approaching the main building, she couldn't help but notice that even it was pretty trashy looking. Compared to the rest of the buildings in Avalon, this place was probably treated like an eyesore. Not to mention the history of the place. Nothing like a scandal to add character.

But that was exactly why she was there.

Well, that and well ... this was the only one that had accepted her. The other academies hadn't been too keen on a 'student' that was nearly twenty-two, let alone one that was already somewhat competent in the use of her Esper abilities.

'Fuckin' bureaucrats.'

But that's generally who paid the most for splotches of blues, reds, and yellows on a canvas.

'... Lovable fuckin' bureaucrats; and so the world continues to turn.'

It was about this time, finished as she was musing about the endearing architectural qualities of her new home; that she realized that a surprising number of the other students had turned up. The most obvious question in her mind, however, really didn't have anything to do with their age- which was ranging from super young to not much older from what she could tell- was,

"What the hell is with all the hover-**** and flying cars? I miss a memo?" Or a lot of these kids were rich little shits. Or both.
    Picking his bag up, he walked over to her, "You are much like a Grantun Tree. As beautiful as it's flowers are, it's fruit is almost unbearably bitter. Still, if you are ever in the mood for a little excitement, my Black Bird is the fastest there is and there is room for two. But only two."

Looking around, he found the source of the voice. An Attractive, though rather young woman. With a polite, friendly smile and a nod, "Hello to you as well."
    "You a student here too?" Rose asked as she levitated a little.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Raven smiled and said "Oh, nothing too amazing, just the ability to attract and repel things." She held out a hand and drew a nearby branch to her hand, but before it touched her palm she sent it flying away like it'd been shot out of a cannon.

"Though I can only do it with things up to the size of a basketball. I can also perform a rather short-ranged repulsion "blast" with me at the epicenter, though it's no stronger the my focused version."
    With a focused effort Edmund managed to not get into another excited ramble. But he couldn't hide how impressed he was. "That's a cool ability and really quite versatile when you think about it."

He looked over at the less than impressive school building again. "Though it doesn't look like much I bet that we'll learn lots of interesting and cool things about our abilities here. At least, that's what I'm hoping." He turned back to Raven. "What about you? What hopes do you have for this place?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"You older than twelve?" Mayumi immediately shot back, without bothering to turn around.

She knew what they were after anyway.. No matter where you were, someone always wanted to bum a smoke.
    "No ****," he replied.

He shook his head and plucked a blade of grass from the ground. A brief yellow glow flashed across the blade, then he started to cut up the grass and flowers -- or weeds, given this dump -- around him.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    "You a student here too?" Rose asked as she levitated a little.
    "For a time. Just until I get my abilities under control. I'm Phillipe Fortier, but my friends call me Flip. And you are?"