Page 5 of 166 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "She's... unique for an A.I.. Most are rather cold and mechanical in personality, lacking the more subtle and extreme emotions Turing is capable of." Raven replied, Turing adding "I prefer calling myself a miracle in that regard."

"Indeed you are." Raven agreed with a small smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    "Heheh, sorry." Edmund apologised nervously. "I didn't consider that an A.I. would be so fidgety and easily frightened. That's quite advanced for an A.I. isn't it? Or maybe it's the standard. I'm not that experienced with them."

Maia pulled up along the driveway, shifting the gear stick of her station wagon to park. Hover tech had gotten a whole lot more accessible nowadays, but she still didn't trust herself to drive a hover car. She had a tough enough time adjusting to all the new gizmos as it was. She was pretty sure this was supposed to be the place. Hades Academy had been a venerable institution even back...back before now. Its unique campus, surrounded by acres of real forest, had been an opulent use of space on Avalon. Maia climbed out of the car and looked around. The place sure had seen better days though.

She pushed a button, and the back of her car popped open, allowing a pair of bags to float out and take their places beside her. Hover cars, not yet. Hover luggage though, that was genius. The trunk closed with an automated hiss, and she took a moment to stretch. Really, more of an excuse now that she was here to spend another few seconds not doing anything. What were esper academies like nowadays? She'd done some reading up, but she hadn't known much about campus life on esper academies decades ago, let alone now. Was she going to stick out? Well yes, yes of course she was. She'd never striven to be "normal" anyway. The point was to stick out like a daisy, not a sore thumb.

Spotting a gathered group of young people, she gave herself a couple of mental slaps on the cheeks and walked on over to a pair of friendlier looking folk, her luggage following behind. Confidence, she was going to walk in and introduce herself to her new classmates with an easy confidence. That was the way to make a solid first impression.

"Hi. Is this the class for Hades Academy?" Maia asked, smiling a little nervously. Dammit.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 12-03-2015 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Let's just say normal society and I don't mix very well." They were very much oil and water, in fact. "So, you're an esper." Obviously, else she wouldn't be here. "What can you do?"

He took the cigarette with as much appreciation as someone dying of thirst being handed a bottle of water. He pulled a lighter from his jacket and lit it with expert... expertise. "Ah," he sighed after taking a drag. "Much appreciated."
    "Normal's a status quo. Changes based on who's in charge." Mayumi responded dismissively. "So you're either trying too hard to not fit in, or .. hm," she shrugged. "But I'm an artist. Esper's just another title. Figure you're probably some kinda fighter? Or a loose canon cop, or something equally cliché, yea?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Mayumi. Names Phillipe Fortier, but you can call me Flip. All my friends do."
    So this one was persistent.

Something of an admirable quality Mayumi supposed, if not a little annoying. "Well I've only just met you, but Flip it is I suppose."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Silva made his way to a good enough tree, climbed it with easy grace, and sat on one of the branches. There. The shade was good enough and people rarely bothered to look up anyway. Content with his positioning, he dropped his power. It wasn't like he could keep that up indefinitely anyway.
    "You seem like fun!" Mayumi called out.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Normal's a status quo. Changes based on who's in charge." Mayumi responded dismissively. "So you're either trying too hard to not fit in, or .. hm," she shrugged. "But I'm an artist. Esper's just another title. Figure you're probably some kinda fighter? Or a loose canon cop, or something equally cliché, yea?"
    "There are plenty of people who don't consider me fit for their vision of normal," he explained. He shrugged and took another drag. "Whatever."

She asked if he was a fighter. He shrugged again. "Yeah, you can say that. Been fighting for a few years now." He could have shown her his knives, but nah. He didn't feel like showing off; and he wasn't much of one anyway. Not that she would've been too terribly impressed anyway. Given how she was reacting to Flippity Flop's painfully obvious attempts at flirting, anyway.

He looked her up and down. "So, artist. Like street art, tagging?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member

Maisie Stood In the back of the room, trying not to draw too much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Maia pulled up along the driveway, shifting the gear stick of her station wagon to park. Hover tech had gotten a whole lot more accessible nowadays, but she still didn't trust herself to drive a hover car. She had a tough enough time adjusting to all the new gizmos as it was. She was pretty sure this was supposed to be the place. Hades Academy had been a venerable institution even back...back before now. Its unique campus, surrounded by acres of real forest, had been an opulent use of space on Avalon. Maia climbed out of the car and looked around. The place sure had seen better days though.

She pushed a button, and the back of her car popped open, allowing a pair of bags to float out and take their places beside her. Hover cars, not yet. Hover luggage though, that was genius. The trunk closed with an automated hiss, and she took a moment to stretch. Really, more of an excuse now that she was here to spend another few seconds not doing anything. What were esper academies like nowadays? She'd done some reading up, but she hadn't known much about campus life on esper academies decades ago, let alone now. Was she going to stick out? Well yes, yes of course she was. She'd never striven to be "normal" anyway. The point was to stick out like a daisy, not a sore thumb.

Spotting a gathered group of young people, she gave herself a couple of mental slaps on the cheeks and walked on over to a pair of friendlier looking folk, her luggage following behind. Confidence, she was going to walk in and introduce herself to her new classmates with an easy confidence. That was the way to make a solid first impression.

"Hi. Is this the class for Hades Academy?" Maia asked, smiling a little nervously. Dammit.
    Turning to the newcomer, Raven gave the new girl a gentle, friendly smile and said "Yes it is, pleased to meet you. My name is Raven Williams, and this is my personal assistant A.I. Turing." As she spoke the second name, she lifted her arm to show off the band on her arm with a screen showing the pink-haired assistant waving cheerfully to Maia.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Mayumi glanced over her shoulder at the newcomer before turning around, pulling the cigarette out of her mouth and smiling back. "That's a yes, pleased t'meet ya. This is Phillipe, that's Carter, an' I'm Mayumi." She'd point at each before offering a free hand.

Might've seemed strange she'd turned warm so suddenly, but really it just came down to the new girl being obviously polite, not trying to bum a cigarette, and being female. Not that she had anything against guys... but so far one was grumpy, and one was an attempted flirt, and the one she'd yelled at a moment ago fancied himself a sneak. That was more than enough for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "There are plenty of people who don't consider me fit for their vision of normal," he explained. He shrugged and took another drag. "Whatever."

She asked if he was a fighter. He shrugged again. "Yeah, you can say that. Been fighting for a few years now." He could have shown her his knives, but nah. He didn't feel like showing off; and he wasn't much of one anyway. Not that she would've been too terribly impressed anyway. Given how she was reacting to Flippity Flop's painfully obvious attempts at flirting, anyway.

He looked her up and down. "So, artist. Like street art, tagging?"
    "Few years? An' you're still grumpy? Damn, must be some something serious to be so worked up." Mayumi responded. "But a tagger ? Nah, that's a waste of perfectly good talent. Prefer a different canvas, bodies mostly." That sounded too pretentious.. she sighed and rolled up one of her sleeves.

"Tattoo."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    : Chou then has eyes go red and points to him as Kenpachi speaks.:

" Look me big shot, with your money, connections, and toys. No one here so far likes you for your damn attitude. And the Recalamtion Force are thinkers. Not doers. I come from a people of doers. So shut up. Or Chou is going to break your face for me."

Edit

Darios: Should apologize to you Flip. Just he takes it as your saying your sister is better than his mom. He does not like that.

Ken: Damn right!!

: Darios smirks: Glad you got a spine.

Lilly: He seems like a golden boy, one who knows not struggle. Go easy on him. Everyone else is great.
    "That's right, come on, let's not fight. We're not even in class yet."
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    : Chou then has eyes go red and points to him as Kenpachi speaks.:

" Look me big shot, with your money, connections, and toys. No one here so far likes you for your damn attitude. And the Recalamtion Force are thinkers. Not doers. I come from a people of doers. So shut up. Or Chou is going to break your face for me."

Edit

Darios: Should apologize to you Flip. Just he takes it as your saying your sister is better than his mom. He does not like that.

Ken: Damn right!!

: Darios smirks: Glad you got a spine.

Lilly: He seems like a golden boy, one who knows not struggle. Go easy on him. Everyone else is great.
    "Hahahah." They had only been there a day and there was already some dude posturing and trying to look like a tough guy. Flip-flop looked like a pretty boy; annoying but ultimately harmless. "Yeah, you told him, pal. Hehehe."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Mayumi glanced over her shoulder at the newcomer before turning around, pulling the cigarette out of her mouth and smiling back. "That's a yes, pleased t'meet ya. This is Phillipe, that's Carter, an' I'm Mayumi." She'd point at each before offering a free hand.

Might've seemed strange she'd turned warm so suddenly, but really it just came down to the new girl being obviously polite, not trying to bum a cigarette, and being female. Not that she had anything against guys... but so far one was grumpy, and one was an attempted flirt, and the one she'd yelled at a moment ago fancied himself a sneak. That was more than enough for now.
    He glanced back at the new girl and inclined his head in greeting. Well, ****. Look at him, being all friendly and outgoing and ****.

"Few years? An' you're still grumpy? Damn, must be some something serious to be so worked up." Mayumi responded. "But a tagger ? Nah, that's a waste of perfectly good talent. Prefer a different canvas, bodies mostly." That sounded too pretentious.. she sighed and rolled up one of her sleeves.

"Tattoo."
    "More of an outlet than anything else," he explained before taking another drag. "And I'm not grumpy; I just don't like talking to people."

He looked at the tattoo on her arm and nodded. "Nice. That's pretty good."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

For those students who had already arrived, awaiting the presence of the headmaster of this "esteemed" academy, they might have noticed a curious sight approaching. It was a transport, unmarked but all the signs screamed that it was obviously not one of civilian origin. Reaching the curb of the academy ground, the transport came to a halt and its engine went into idle. For a brief moment, nothing occurred, adding fuel to those who might have imagined the occupants watching them behind those tinted windows, but sure enough, the doors opened and out stepped two people. By then their garb might it was plainly clear that they were SAWs, Valhallan for those who might have been familiar with those uniforms. One of them was a woman in her 30s with a facial scar that ran down the right side of her crown down that side of her facial and the other was a scrawny guy who appeared to be in his teens. The two of them stepped towards the back of the vehicle and the woman reached out to grab the handle of the double-doors. One could only imagine who it was that required such handlers to deliver them to the academy, whether it was a prisoner being dumped for rehabilitation or another SAW who just didn't call "shotgun" fast enough.

No imagination would have predicted the truth.

It was a massive figure, not so much in height as it appeared to be lucky to be just 5 feet, but rather it was wide enough to have some trouble getting out of the transport. It stood atop of tiny, stubby legs, whose mass seemed to go to its massive hands and arms, and its face was covered by a strange mask with over-sized zippers in place of its eyes.

"Emil." The woman said, prompting the figure to 'look' at her. "Remember what the Doctor told you?" Emil promptly gave a salute, the 'cadet's' massive hand eclipsing that tiny head. "Good, now remember: don't worry about the others. Focus on yourself and things should fall into place." Emil didn't seem to do anything else, but the woman seemed to find some sign of confirmation as she nodded and walked back to the driver's door of the transport. The teenager leaned down and gave Emil a hug, or rather awkwardly did something resembling a hug considering the student's girth, "Take care of yourself. If you need anything, just remember that we'll have your back." Backing up with a large smile, the teenager gave a farewell wave before making his way to the passenger's door.

A few moments later, the transport departed, leaving the oddity known as Emil alone with the other students.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    For those students who had already arrived, awaiting the presence of the headmaster of this "esteemed" academy, they might have noticed a curious sight approaching. It was a transport, unmarked but all the signs screamed that it was obviously not one of civilian origin. Reaching the curb of the academy ground, the transport came to a halt and its engine went into idle. For a brief moment, nothing occurred, adding fuel to those who might have imagined the occupants watching them behind those tinted windows, but sure enough, the doors opened and out stepped two people. By then their garb might it was plainly clear that they were SAWs, Valhallan for those who might have been familiar with those uniforms. One of them was a woman in her 30s with a facial scar that ran down the right side of her crown down that side of her facial and the other was a scrawny guy who appeared to be in his teens. The two of them stepped towards the back of the vehicle and the woman reached out to grab the handle of the double-doors. One could only imagine who it was that required such handlers to deliver them to the academy, whether it was a prisoner being dumped for rehabilitation or another SAW who just didn't call "shotgun" fast enough.

It was a massive figure, not so much in height as it appeared to be lucky to be just 5 feet, but rather it was wide enough to have some trouble getting out of the transport. It stood atop of tiny, stubby legs, whose mass seemed to go to its massive hands and arms, and its face was covered by a strange mask with over-sized zippers in place of its eyes.

"Emil." The woman said, prompting the figure to 'look' at her. "Remember what the Doctor told you?" Emil promptly gave a salute, the 'cadet's' massive hand eclipsing that tiny head. "Good, now remember: don't worry about the others. Focus on yourself and things should fall into place." Emil didn't seem to do anything else, but the woman seemed to find some sign of confirmation as she nodded and walked back to the driver's door of the transport. The teenager leaned down and gave Emil a hug, or rather awkwardly did something resembling a hug considering the student's girth, "Take care of yourself. If you need anything, just remember that we'll have your back." Backing up with a large smile, the teenager gave a farewell wave before making his way to the passenger's door.

A few moments later, the transport departed, leaving the oddity known as Emil alone with the other students.
    Rose stared at this new visitor for a few moments, having no idea what to think. Eventually, she found her voice. "Sup?"
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

Had anyone been paying attention to her, they'd have noticed Maisie react to the approaching vehicle before it came into view. That was because of her connection to the insects around her. She could use their senses, though even in aggregate they were inferior to her normal eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Rose stared at this new visitor for a few moments, having no idea what to think. Eventually, she found her voice. "Sup?"
    Glancing over to her, or at least she might have assumed that's what Emil was doing, the newcomer waved one of those massive arms in greetings with an almost exaggerated efforts.

"Huh." That was all he could muster. He had seen some strange Espers before, but this dude -- he assumed that thing was a dude -- took the cake.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Glancing over to her, or at least she might have assumed that's what Emil was doing, the newcomer waved one of those massive arms in greetings with an almost exaggerated efforts.
    Rose waved back. "Heeeey! Are you a student here too?"
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator