Page 56 of 166 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Silver kept up the pace, moving at the same speed, but being more aggressive. Her blows always just barely missed, and Francis was pushed to his limits to keep deflecting or dodging the blows.

After about a minute, she steps back, not even breathing hard.

"Good enough. A solid B, Francis. Your power needs to be honed to give you more time to react. Maybe get it to sense further away too."

"Next."
    Jan watched the fight with interest.

Even though he had barely survived multiple times against Silver who hadn't even tried hard, he had still survived.

"You did good," she called out to Francis.

She walked over to the headmistress.

"I'm up. Although I don't see how you're going to get a precise measurement on my powers."
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Jan watched the fight with interest.

Even though he had barely survived multiple times against Silver who hadn't even tried hard, he had still survived.

"You did good," she called out to Francis.

She walked over to the headmistress.

"I'm up. Although I don't see how you're going to get a precise measurement on my powers."

"Illusions as I recall. Cast them on my senses first. Make me see and hear Ivan standing before me. Afterwards, make the rest if the class see me as Ivan."
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Forgot about Jan, felt embarrassed in it. Curious to how it will go. " Curipus to how powers will work on Silver. Wondered what they were.

" And yeah,Inthink our class is a damn good one so far."

Also there was Maia, Griffth, heal stinger, Lucy, Raven, Myria, Speechless, and Silva for starters.
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 01-30-2016 at 08:02 PM.

"Illusions as I recall. Cast them on my senses first. Make me see and hear Ivan standing before me. Afterwards, make the rest if the class see me as Ivan."
    Jan half-closed her eyes.

Ivan...

It was always easier to cast illusions that had some basis in reality.

Thus, Jan carefully thought back to what he had looked like, and how he had behaved, and...

To Silver, she should see Ivan, standing where Jan used to be, smoking one of his black cigarettes.

"Aye aye, Captain," the fake Ivan said, with a small salute and a smile.

The illusion then vanished in a flurry of somewhat excessively cliche black smoke.

Jan was facing the classroom now.

She pondered for a moment. Doing a large group was harder. What would they see when they saw Ivan?

After a moment, Silver flickered and Ivan was suddenly in her place.

Imaginary Ivan this time was somewhat less lifelife. His movements were more jerky, less organic as he tousled his hair and groaned, "Damnit, I'm a Doctor, not a Headmaster!"

Then he, too, was gone, and all was as it really was.
    -Stephen McCranie

???!!!!!!!? That was good! He saw Ivan. And how he acted, a tad unreal. But it worked for him.

" Trippy."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Hey man, jus' curious. You look like you're the youngest one here s'all." Mayumi replied. "Nothin' wrong with it unless you think there is, feel me?"

Standing over with Carter at the time, she turned from their testing and smiled.

"Mm? I didn't do anythin', just threw some scraps of paper at yeh. But I've seen that look before, people who can't shake th' ghosts. Dunno if yours is different given what you've been through, but it won't do yeh any good to keep after those ghosts."
    Maia smiled sadly, more to herself this time than anyone else.

"Ah know it won't. Sometimes though, it somehow doesn't feel right to leave'em. But thanks for giving a damn."

She took a deep breath. Wallowing in the past on her own time was one thing, but doing so on somebody else's, especially Mayumi's was quite another.

"Does it ruin your clothes whenever your tattoos come out?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Maia smiled sadly, more to herself this time than anyone else.

"Ah know it won't. Sometimes though, it somehow doesn't feel right to leave'em. But thanks for giving a damn."

She took a deep breath. Wallowing in the past on her own time was one thing, but doing so on somebody else's, especially Mayumi's was quite another.

"Does it ruin your clothes whenever your tattoos come out?"
    "There are other ways of remembering that hurt less s'the thing." Mayumi replied. "You shouldn't forget, be wrong to y'know? But I don't think sufferin' is the way to go about it. But ... feh." She shrugged. "An' no thanks needed, people should always give a damn. World'd be a less shitty place if everyone did." People's well-being wasn't something you could selectively care about; what they thought, had to say, or were interested in however...

The subject shifted quickly at the behest of Maia however, and Mayumi went with the flow.

"S'a good question." She responded, smiling. "See, the way the tats come out is pretty nifty, I think, cuz I use my body like it's a canvas until I'm ready to use the ink; which is why it usually pools in my palms an fingers n' such." It also gave a bit of a surprise element to the process too, since the clothing obscured what she was doing until she ready to use the ink. " So usually, no. If I'm in a hurry though, say tryin' to stop somethin' from smackin' me in the face, I usually ruin whatever I'm wearin' in the process."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Ink manipulation, sharpness manipulation, bio-kinetic constructs..." Curtis muttered in wonder, now on his sixth page of notes, which, from an outsider's view, appeared to be an incoherent maze of words scribbled on a pad. "This school certainly got a unique batch of students. Almost makes me glad I've chosen this one, " he noted, somewhat somberly, looking up from his notes. "And now we're onto illusions, fascinating stuff," he grinned, quickly taking the time to jot down some more notes.

Jan half-closed her eyes.

Ivan...

It was always easier to cast illusions that had some basis in reality.

Thus, Jan carefully thought back to what he had looked like, and how he had behaved, and...

To Silver, she should see Ivan, standing where Jan used to be, smoking one of his black cigarettes.

"Aye aye, Captain," the fake Ivan said, with a small salute and a smile.

The illusion then vanished in a flurry of somewhat excessively cliche black smoke.

Jan was facing the classroom now.

She pondered for a moment. Doing a large group was harder. What would they see when they saw Ivan?

After a moment, Silver flickered and Ivan was suddenly in her place.

Imaginary Ivan this time was somewhat less lifelife. His movements were more jerky, less organic as he tousled his hair and groaned, "Damnit, I'm a Doctor, not a Headmaster!"

Then he, too, was gone, and all was as it really was.
    "Well done. How far away can you cast your illusions?"
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "There are other ways of remembering that hurt less s'the thing." Mayumi replied. "You shouldn't forget, be wrong to y'know? But I don't think sufferin' is the way to go about it. But ... feh." She shrugged. "An' no thanks needed, people should always give a damn. World'd be a less shitty place if everyone did." People's well-being wasn't something you could selectively care about; what they thought, had to say, or were interested in however...

The subject shifted quickly at the behest of Maia however, and Mayumi went with the flow.

"S'a good question." She responded, smiling. "See, the way the tats come out is pretty nifty, I think, cuz I use my body like it's a canvas until I'm ready to use the ink; which is why it usually pools in my palms an fingers n' such." It also gave a bit of a surprise element to the process too, since the clothing obscured what she was doing until she ready to use the ink. " So usually, no. If I'm in a hurry though, say tryin' to stop somethin' from smackin' me in the face, I usually ruin whatever I'm wearin' in the process."
    So Mayumi would usually channel the ink towards her palms, or otherwise exposed skin, before letting it loose to spare her clothes. Maia tried to imagine what it must be like, feeling ink run just beneath her skin and then exiting like a sudden black sweat. It sounded ticklish. But Mayumi hadn't rolled on the floor laughing while she was summoning her ink, so that was probably wrong. Or maybe Mayumi just wasn't very ticklish. Maia ran her fingers over her own forearm curiously.

"Does it feel funny when you move it around underneath?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    So Mayumi would usually channel the ink towards her palms, or otherwise exposed skin, before letting it loose to spare her clothes. Maia tried to imagine what it must be like, feeling ink run just beneath her skin and then exiting like a sudden black sweat. It sounded ticklish. But Mayumi hadn't rolled on the floor laughing while she was summoning her ink, so that was probably wrong. Or maybe Mayumi just wasn't very ticklish. Maia ran her fingers over her own forearm curiously.

"Does it feel funny when you move it around underneath?"
    "It feels ..." Mayumi trailed off. How would you describe it? She'd never felt anything similar to it, and for the most part it didn't actually FEEL all that weird, maybe like pulling a sheet off of a bed. Except for... Hm.

"It really doesn't, most the time anyways. If you've ever ... mmm, had a blanket covering bare skin and then pulled it away. S'the closest I can think of. The only time it does feel strange is when I tamper with the back piece. The ink there feels ... different, always get the shivers when I fuck with it. Like it knows it's bein' messed with an' doesn't like it. But I think that's just cuz of the tattoo itself. It's not like th' others." She rubbed her arm absent-mindedly.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Well done. How far away can you cast your illusions?"
    Jan cocked her head.

"That's a good question. I've never tried it further than 50 feet though."

She shrugged self-consciously.

"I don't have much reason to use it in general. It's not like I'm trying to take over a government or anything."
    -Stephen McCranie

Jan cocked her head.

"That's a good question. I've never tried it further than 50 feet though."

She shrugged self-consciously.

"I don't have much reason to use it in general. It's not like I'm trying to take over a government or anything."
    "No, but a long range illusion caster would be a great boon in many areas. We'll work on that later. A solid A performance, Jan."

"Next one up."
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"No, but a long range illusion caster would be a great boon in many areas. We'll work on that later. A solid A performance, Jan."

"Next one up."
    It was time to play.

Waddling forward, Emil approached Silver and awaited instructions.

"Next one up."
    Jan nodded and went to sit back down.

Her shoulders seemed to lift a bit.
    -Stephen McCranie