Page 7 of 166 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    "Avalon, born and bred. Ah grew up about a stone's throw away from Redwood Heights bout sixty years ago."
    "Six...ty," Mayumi muttered.

Split second later she was in the girl's face, scrutinizing every line, blemish and feature with the eye of someone who made a practice- or living- of it. After a moment, she pulled back and popped the cigarette back into her mouth. "You don't look a day over twenty... So, my condolences." There were a few variations of Esper abilities Mayumi was dimly aware of, that'd let someone look/stay so young. None of them were things that had particularly pleasant downsides.

If this girl was as old as she said she was, that really had to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "No, you're not," he agreed. He sighed and took another drag. "If I look grumpy, its because I'm here agaisnt my will. My old man's making me go here so I can 'make something of myself'. What a joke."
    "Only a joke if it's funny. But I'd say he's right, Esper's get a lot father in this place if they've got the backing of an academy. Helps the bureaucrats sleep easier knowin' that the gifted have been taught how to hop and skip and jump to the beat. Just make sure you stay you, and you'll make a name for yourself after this is all over." Mayumi said before clapping him on the back.

His face, contrary to most guys his age, soured noticeably. "I'll pass." He glanced around and noticed that there were a lot more people standing around, socialized and being friendly.

That wasn't for him. "Nice talking to you," he said while backing away. "Thanks for the smoke. Let me know if you need a canvas."

He walked away and returned to his spot against the tree.
    "Suit yourself, Grumpy. Food for thought though, makin' some allies early'll make this place easier to swallow." She offered as he walked off.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

From where he was taking a break, Flip watched the others mingle, even if he couldn't quite hear everything. "Just one year, what a waste of time for a stupid ability that's nothing but trouble." he spoke under his breath as he tried to decide if he should join them or wait it out.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

:Kenpachi was enjoying the situation as his body guard being keeps watch. Darios spoke.:

Darios: I doubt you'll need me man. Their a good crowd.

Lilly: Stay strong and true. Come back to me when your back.

Kenpachi: Your the only one I ever made love to. Of course I will.

:Lilly blushes.:

Kenpachi: So anyway, are we waiting to get in or where is the staff? I wonder what they will throw at us.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Unnoticed in the corner, Grunt blends into the background, minding her own business.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Without missing a beat, or noticing the less than sociable mood of the tree climber, Edmund replied cheerfully and honestly. "Sorry, I've never been all that good at climbing things! That's probably another thing I can improve at this schooly, hopefully. But we can talk like this. It seems to be working. Hi, I'm Edmund Kinsley from Elysium. What's your name?"
    He wasn't quite sure how to score that.

Not climbing the tree was a definite negative, but the impossibly cheerful attitude in spite of his... selfness was a bit harder to judge.

In the end, Silva just labelled him as Hamster in his mental notes.

"Daniel," he said.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Lucius "Lulu" Lane was being dropped off by his parents.

"You be good now, lulu. Try not to give these folks too much trouble." His mother said.

"Yeah yeah don't worry about me, i'm not stupid enough to get kicked out. I think." Lucius said as he gave her a goodbye hug.

"You have talent boy. Don't waste it. Hopefully we'll be seeing you soon." His father said as he too got a hug.

"I'll make sure to give you a call every once in a while. Bye." Lucius replied with a tinge of sadness. He had always been more than a handful for his parents, but he would still miss them.

He walked off towards the crowd with his two bags floating by his side. His parent's vehicle then sped off.

"Hello everyone. This may be a stupid question but i'm not late am i?".

Well, here we go.

Kenpachi: No, not at all. We are just meeting. Always good to see more of us in a talkative mood.

: As his shades gleam in his blue body suit and his creature was walking around now. Picking up grass to feel it. As it had curious mind of its own and notes Lulu. Gives a nod.:

Ken: Do not mind him, and we got someone in a robot suit too. So far no trouble. : By no trouble he means he shut up mr rich pants who was being annoying apparently.:

I am Kenpachi Oyamai, I make living creatures. Who are you and what do you do?

Lucius smiled at Ken. "I am Lucius Lane, you may call me Lulu or Lucy. Either nickname works. I've never been too fond of my first name."

Lucius glanced at the creature. "That is a very interesting ability, and a guy in a robot suit? You make my abilities seem pretty basic." He laughed.

"My power is moving things with my mind" he gestured to his floating bags. "It's cool, but not as cool as having the gift of life. Are these creatures sentient?".

" Yes. With their own personalities. At first they were a extension of my feelings. But they can have own thoughts. But loyal to me. Lulu is interesting name, and Atleast your here."

" You are a cool guy so far." Noting some trying not to talk but decides not to mention them.;

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Carter smiled to himself. He wondered if this kid knew he had a pink mohawk. If not, he supposed he could be nice and bring it to his attention. He was no one to judge, but a heads up would be a nice gesture.

Anyway, everyone was holding a conversation, which allowed him the chance to see who was what from where.

The kid with the massive arms and tiny legs seemed to still he in touch with his humanity, so he was unlikely to wild out and eat someone.

Maybe.

The lady with the annoying ass talking watch was the daughter of a judge. Usually, that meant meant that she was a wild child who got away with things no one else could because of their parent's status. He'd have to keep an eye on that one. She had potential.

The woman she and Mayami were talking with claimed she eas over sixty years old. Either she was full of **** or crazy; or she had some kind of freaky ass youth regeneration or time fucking powers. Hmm…

A couple of quiet girls. Not really worth noting.

That awkward girl who looked ready to get some Tough Guy's autograph. Heh.

Some dude was sitting in a tree. Carter knew a fellow lone wolf when he saw one. They could hang out and not talk; he could see it.

The dork talking to him, though, nah. Far too outgoing and cheerful for his tastes. He looked like the type to use a ****-ton of exclamation points while on the internet. No thanks.

Let's see, who else.

Oh, some dude in a business suit. He… actually looked familiar. Like, Carter thought he knew him from an article he saw his old man reading on time about one of TechniCorp's business partners. Or rivals? Whatever.

Flop was nowhere to be seen. Probably licking his wounds after being turned down. Meh.

Welp, that was all from what Carter could see. All in all, he could see himself talking to maybe three people.

That was just fine.

He stood and flicked his cigarette nub to the ground, then stamp on it to make sure a fire didn't start.

"I should probably make some allies," he mumbled to himself. Reaching into his jacket, he took out a flask and took a drink. "Yo, Flop," he said while walking toward him.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Emil nodded, seemingly friendly enough despite having yet to speak.

Glancing over to the duo, it would take Emil a few moments to get the gist of what Chou was doing before bumping the other's fist with one of those massive hands.
    "Whatcha all bundled up for?"
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Carter smiled to himself. He wondered if this kid knew he had a pink mohawk. If not, he supposed he could be nice and bring it to his attention. He was no one to judge, but a heads up would be a nice gesture.

Anyway, everyone was holding a conversation, which allowed him the chance to see who was what from where.

The kid with the massive arms and tiny legs seemed to still he in touch with his humanity, so he was unlikely to wild out and eat someone.

Maybe.

The lady with the annoying ass talking watch was the daughter of a judge. Usually, that meant meant that she was a wild child who got away with things no one else could because of their parent's status. He'd have to keep an eye on that one. She had potential.

The woman she and Mayami were talking with claimed she eas over sixty years old. Either she was full of **** or crazy; or she had some kind of freaky ass youth regeneration or time fucking powers. Hmm…

A couple of quiet girls. Not really worth noting.

That awkward girl who looked ready to get some Tough Guy's autograph. Heh.

Some dude was sitting in a tree. Carter knew a fellow lone wolf when he saw one. They could hang out and not talk; he could see it.

The dork talking to him, though, nah. Far too outgoing and cheerful for his tastes. He looked like the type to use a ****-ton of exclamation points while on the internet. No thanks.

Let's see, who else.

Oh, some dude in a business suit. He… actually looked familiar. Like, Carter thought he knew him from an article he saw his old man reading on time about one of TechniCorp's business partners. Or rivals? Whatever.

Flop was nowhere to be seen. Probably licking his wounds after being turned down. Meh.

Welp, that was all from what Carter could see. All in all, he could see himself talking to maybe three people.

That was just fine.

He stood and flicked his cigarette nub to the ground, then stamp on it to make sure a fire didn't start.

"I should probably make some allies," he mumbled to himself. Reaching into his jacket, he took out a flask and took a drink. "Yo, Flop," he said while walking toward him.
    Still leaning against the tree, arms crossed in a resting position, he raised an eyebrow in surprise as he saw someone approach him and calling out to him, he thinks, "Flop?" Standing up right, "So I gather your Esper ability is not Perfect Recall. Perhaps you'd have an easier time remembering my full name, Phillipe."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Mayumi blinked.

"Pretty fuckin' awesome, that... you. You ever have someone draw you?"
    Emil stared...well...the zippers were aimed in her general direction for some time. Confusion, deep in thought, ignoring? It was hard to tell what Emil was thinking before that tiny head nodded. Someone had drawn that body before since Doctor Morning had shown Emil the blueprints once.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    "Whatcha all bundled up for?"
    Rose would now find the silent stare of zippers upon her as her question drew about the same amount of contemplation as Mayumi's did. Actually, it was even longer before Emil had thought of a way to explain. Grabbing those zippers that made up the student's "eyes" they were given a tug and pulled down, giving Rose a nice gander at the mechanical innards that was Emil's body.

Still no explanation though.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 12-04-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Emil stared...well...the zippers were aimed in her general direction for some time. Confusion, deep in thought, ignoring? It was hard to tell what Emil was thinking before that tiny head nodded. Someone had drawn that body before since Doctor Morning had shown Emil the blueprints once.

Rose would now find the silent stare of zippers upon her as her question drew about the same amount of contemplation as Mayumi's did. Actually, it was even longer before Emil had thought of a way to explain. Grabbing those zippers that made up the student's "eyes" they were given a tug pulled down, giving Rose a nice gander at the mechanical innards that was Emil's body.

Still no explanation though.
    "Woooaaah." Rose walked closer and got a better look at Emil. "That is...cool!"
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Still leaning against the tree, arms crossed in a resting position, he raised an eyebrow in surprise as he saw someone approach him and calling out to him, he thinks, "Flop?" Standing up right, "So I gather your Esper ability is not Perfect Recall. Perhaps you'd have an easier time remembering my full name, Phillipe."
    "You erroneously assumed I actually wanted to know your name, hence Flop." He sighed and took another swig from his flask. "So, the only reason I'm here is to, **** I don't know, make friendly, I guess. So, yeah. S'up?"

Another swig from his flask. This being talkative was hard.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!