Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Default Death of X #3 Spoilers/Discussion. Again, SPOILERS.......

It's dat time again, yo.

DoX spoilers/review/discussion.

Death of X #3:

1) Emma contacts Erik, asking fore his help. Erik plays a bit of hard to get, Frost brings up Shinobi Shaw being the alternative, and he decides to help. She basically asks him to contain both the X-Men, and Inhuman, teams in Madrid. She then turns to talk to Cyke, who's standing silently in a dark corridor, with his back to her. Foreboding scene.

2) The Inhumans celebrate their success at protecting everyone. Gorgon thinks that Crystal has put Daisuke in danger of being electrocuted on his first day, and he think thinks they should haul ass before the X-Men wake up, call them later, and explain things then. Crystal wants to do this face to face, pushing that Storm is reasonable, and, if things don't turn out well, she'll take responsibility.

3) Daisuke now calls himself Downer. Lame.

4) The Cuckoos talk about looking briefly into Frost's mind, and seeing what's stressing her out so much, but they don't say/think what it is. Anyway, they meet up with Alchemy, and ask him to come meet Cyke.

5) The X-Men wake up, and are all like "Yo, why is everyone asleep but THEM?!" They fly up to meet the Inhumans, and are like "So uh, what's the deal, yo?! I don't remember being asleep, because I already took my afternoon nap, yet I'm asleep. So why did that happen? Huh? Huh?!" Then Iceman flicks an ice cube at Flint, like a good adult, and fight is about to go down. Downer is about to put them to sleep again, only for Magik to show up outta nowhere, knockout Downer, and take him away. Yes, this scene is as stupid as I make it sound.

6) Papa Magneto then shows up with Colossus, Rockslide, Warpath, and Wolfsbane. As cool as it is, it's weird seeing such a powerful Magneto, because he's not this strong at the start of UXM. Wonder if this explains that, or it's just writers ignoring continuity. Magneto easily contains everyone. Storms asks what the hell he's doing, and Magneto basically says "wearing the pants in this X-Men relationship". Flint and Grid say that he can't hold them, and he's crossed the line, and Magneto responds with basically "Put up, or shut up."

7) Cyke, and co., meet up with Alchemy infront of one of the T-Mist clouds....still without gas masks. Anyways, Cyke, and Alchemy, have a heart to heart, and Alchemy decides to help of his own volition. Then they all walk off like badasses, and Sunfire has the decency/initiative to create an explosion of fire to enhance their walk of badassary.

Verdict: 5-6/10

Felt like a Bendis issue without the Bendisspeak. Boring, and uneventful. Honestly, this should've been two oversized $4.99 issues, rather than four 3.99 issues (with the first issue being 4.99). Or maybe, one big book for $9.99.

Weakest issue so far. Third issue in and I still can't see the whole "Cyclops, you're such a terrible person" they've painted during Extra-ordinary x-men.

Hope issue 4 make up for the dissapointment I had with this book so far. But it probably won't.

I was really disappointed with how the mutants responded after waking up. If the roles were reversed they would have done the same thing, and rightfully so.

But I guess we need conflict for the story to move forward.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I agree, this story seems stretched awfully thin for four issues.

I do know one person who'll be glad to hear that Shinobi Shaw is still among the living (assuming that wasn't supposed to be a reference to his dad), so I guess that's something.

She said Sebastian Shawn, not Shinobi.

BANNED

....... to much continuity errors to compute.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    She said Sebastian Shawn, not Shinobi.
    Well, so much for that!

So, I feel a little torn in opinion with Storm's group reactions. On one hand I can understand them getting mad, after all they were actually trying to help and got taken out without any notice, not to mention the incredible scare when Storm woke up, since the Terrrigen's Mist is still a menace to them, so I can understand them getting mad about it, BUT, I think using their powers against them, like Bobby did was a little bit too much.

That being said, Magneto's entrance was great, so was Magik's abduction on Downer (what a stupid name).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Weakest issue so far. Third issue in and I still can't see the whole "Cyclops, you're such a terrible person" they've painted during Extra-ordinary x-men.

Hope issue 4 make up for the dissapointment I had with this book so far. But it probably won't.
    Yeah, I don't think there's anything they could do short of Cyclops personally vaporizing an entire nursery filled with Inhuman babies and sprinkling the ashes on a steak carved from Lockjaw's flank that had a prayer of matching all the hype.

With the pacing so far, this story could've just been told in an annual. Some interesting parts here and there, but over all a boring issue. Well, at least this will be done soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yeah, I don't think there's anything they could do short of Cyclops personally vaporizing an entire nursery filled with Inhuman babies and sprinkling the ashes on a steak carved from Lockjaw's flank that had a prayer of matching all the hype.
    This was always going to be an issue with Cyclops and The Noodle Incident. Unless they're going to turn him into actual Hitler it's hard to reconcile how everybody feels about him vs. what he's actually doing. Even when Magneto was at his worst the X-Men nearly always tried to reason with him first and accepted him into their ranks while hand waving away a lot of the crap he'd done.

Also curious how they're going to twist this so that all of Cyclops crew except for Magik is on the outs. She's currently in his camp but was ready to flay Sunfire's skin when she saw him after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    This was always going to be an issue with Cyclops and The Noodle Incident. Unless they're going to turn him into actual Hitler it's hard to reconcile how everybody feels about him vs. what he's actually doing. Even when Magneto was at his worst the X-Men nearly always tried to reason with him first and accepted him into their ranks while hand waving away a lot of the crap he'd done.

Also curious how they're going to twist this so that all of Cyclops crew except for Magik is on the outs. She's currently in his camp but was ready to flay Sunfire's skin when she saw him after the fact.
    Issue four has to be a hella of conclusion to reconcile a lot of stuff that we saw at the beginning of ANAD. I'm curious to see if they'll succeed or fall on their faces and just give us more holes to fankwank.

I mean, Scott DID go from 0 - 60 on the whole War with Inhumans thing (fallen comrades will do that to a guy), but the X-Men went full claws out on Crystal's team after her new recruit made them take a nap. So cooler heads are in short supply I suppose.

The scene with the waking mutants and the situation evolving into a fight was ridiculous but it's the sort of thing that happens in stories of heroes vs heroes.

Well now it became kind of obvious that Cyclops and Emma or both (do not know who's in charge or know what's going on behind the scenes) will fail in his plan.Probably to try change the mist worsened the situation with perhaps a few deaths in the process so Cyclops became known as a villain.

The latest issue will be a rush with the story by the way .
    Last edited by Knives; 11-02-2016 at 10:21 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I've enjoyed the art thus far, and I hope that we will see more of their work after this is over.

The only intriguing thing about this mini is the Emma mystery. It's strange that this entire story feels like it could be told in a single flash back, but somehow, even after stretching it into four parts, feels extremely rushed. That chair Magneto was sitting in looked very uncomfortable, I'm not sure if he made that himself or not, but it looked like it was made out of metal so I'm assuming he did. I'm excited to see Warpath and Wolfsbane will be getting to kick some ass, but this really wasn't what I was hoping for.