Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I'm not arguing that Inhumans are replacing mutants. As I said the Inhuman books aren't making them out to be this way. Regardless, in the actual story, the mutants are suffering a dire outcome while the Inhumans are benefitting and I don't see how it's necessary at all especially since Decimation was resolved not that long ago. Maybe Marvel has some grand plan that will pay off and we'll all be satisfied. Maybe not. Others have commented that it is ironic that it's what Marvel seems to be doing and this story is practically commentary on that. As for myself, I'm skeptical that Marvel would be so transparent, but that's the story we're dealing with right now.

Of course I see a lot of arguments that Inhumans are replacing mutants. Some of the arguments are silly (like Gorgon being in a wheelchair) but I can understand people's frustration.
    I believe that the whole terrigenensis issue is a mathod to connect the two franchises. Guilt, in combination with the suffering of the mutants can lead to the two relatively different minority groups working together.

After all, they have little choice. It could just be a grand arc to weave connections between the two worlds. They do have similarities after all with the Nuhumans.

So not Inhumans vs X-men, but more of a Inhuman+X-men section of the marvel universe. The Inhumans get a popularity lift, the X-men stay relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Past View Post
    Lol so people are buying poorly written X-Men books out of spite and refusing to give Inhuman books a chance for the same reason. I wonder what the drop off rate of All-New X-Men was compared to the first issue, most people seem to dislike the book due to Hopeless' poor characterizations. No one was ever arguing that the Inhumans would instantly become more popular than the X-Men. Marvel knows this too. It's just sad to see you guys supporting poor quality because you're feeling so insecure.
    i will happily purchase even the poorest quality x-men book over giving my hard-earned dollars to the inhuman any day of the week.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Is it really X-Men Vs Inhumans? I mean right now, the X-Men as a whole seem fractured at best. It's not like you have one faction over here and the other there. Even in All New Inhumans, Crystal never referred to the X-Men by name, but simply called them "mutants" as if every mutant and every Inhuman were at odds, as if anyone without some sort of technology could tell the difference by the way they look. The Inhumans seem to be the State and the mutants nothing more than rebels or upstarts throwing rocks at the palace gates. I use this analogy mostly because, what form of unification or organization do the mutants have? Unlike the Inhumans, mutants that are left on earth dont have a group rounding them up, protecting them from harm and peacefully rolling them into a society thats existed for thousands of years. I'm intrigued to see how Marvel handles this story that happened during the 8 month gap that led to Cyclops (after becoming Martin Luther King) "attacked" the Inhumans and ended up dead (and I assume a lot of other along with him).
    I don't think mutants or the X-Men are that fractured. Storm has leadership of the school. She has all the students and has taken in mutants in from around the world, plus she has her team of X-Men. Most of the mutants are under Storm's leadership. Magneto's team and All New X-Men are more or less fringe groups. Granted mutants don't have a core group that had a separate society for thousands of years like the Inhumans so there are differences.

But I would not call the Inhumans the state versus the mutants rebels.

BANNED

What happened with the terrigen mists being unleashed on the world, the NuInhumans activations and the decimation of mutants should drive the High Evolutionary, Sinister, and Apocalypse into mad scientist over drive. This is definitely a good time to reintroduce Apocalypse. I'm just curious for how long they want to drive this story and how they will resolve it. I can see it being resolved in several ways. One is having teen Jean go Phoenix and cleanse the planet. The other is some mad scientist unleashing some other sort of bomb that counteracts whatever the terrigen does to supress new mutant activations. It's going to be resolved either cosmically or scientifically.

Storm seemed to think teen Jean was necessary to any restart of the X-Men and to save mutants, so I think she goes Phoenix at the end of this story and saves mutants. It's like Marvel wanted a do-over on decimation. This time decimate mutants but don't destroy a hero in the process (the Scarlet Witch) and this time let the Phoenix be the ultimately key to salvation (but don't use a no name knock off like Hope, use Jean Grey herself). Come to think of it Jean's power manifestations are looking Phoenix like.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I don't think mutants or the X-Men are that fractured. Storm has leadership of the school. She has all the students and has taken in mutants in from around the world, plus she has her team of X-Men. Most of the mutants are under Storm's leadership. Magneto's team and All New X-Men are more or less fringe groups. Granted mutants don't have a core group that had a separate society for thousands of years like the Inhumans so there are differences.

But I would not call the Inhumans the state versus the mutants rebels.
    Well no. Not most of the world's mutants are under Storms protection. Most of the world's known (characters) child mutants are under. And that's known, the ones that were already at the school or with Cyclops. The world is a big place and I'd assume there are or were more mutants in it that can be held at the school.

As for my analogy... The Inhumans, as a group, calling s floating structure home, are hosting members of the UN. They are a hierarchy, older than most still in existence. Seeing that floating palace hasn't been shot out of the sky or at least assaulted by a fleet of SHIELD agents/Sentinels, the world's governments are giving them that respect. The mutant population, on the other hand, is a group of individuals with absolutely no form of organization past two groups of outlaws, one composed mainly of known terrorist. So...
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    and YET.......................crystal herself compares gorgon himself to the same professor for the exact same "SILLY" reason you accuse others of within her own book...............

................... .
    ..... . . . ..
    Lol.. 'accuse' others of? Not accusing anyone of anything, I have seen this actual reaction on the boards. And although Gorgon is in a wheelchair, he is a totally different character from Professor X. Crystal was basically telling him, if Xavier could do it from that chair you can too from what I recall. Using Gorgon being in that chair as evidence that the Inhumans are ciphers for X-Men is a reach.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Lol.. 'accuse' others of? Not accusing anyone of anything, I have seen this actual reaction on the boards. And although Gorgon is in a wheelchair, he is a totally different character from Professor X. Crystal was basically telling him, if Xavier could do it from that chair you can too from what I recall. Using Gorgon being in that chair as evidence that the Inhumans are ciphers for X-Men is a reach.
    Well she was inferring that if someone like Xavier can do it, so can he. The key is the syntax. The way she said it, it could be inferring one of two things; 1. Xavier was not the man Gorgon is 2. She could have simply referring to their temperaments which are very different. If Xavier's even, mild mannered approach could make it work, Gorgon's hardnose Fist of iron can as well. I subscribe to the latter.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    It's not a question of whether I think he is real. It's a question of him doing it, which he did and with all the advanced technology at their disposal one might think Black bolt would have run a few simulations to determine the impact on everyone. He didn't. I am more concerned with the act than his motives.
    Once again you are treating this as if it were real. As I previously stated the negative effects of the terrigen weren't apparent until after Secret Wars. No mutants were being harmed by it months after it was released and in all likelihood some third party has contaminated it in some way. You can't deny the intent behind the act. He never intended on harm the mutants and given the situation in which he used the terrigen bomb, there was no way he had the time to do numerous test that would have likely shown no adverse affects on mutants. Did you here that mutants were being negatively affected before Secret Wars? If not then I don't see Black Bolt or anyone could have predicted M-Pox being a thing. Place the blame on the people who deserve: Marvel Editorial.

not really, when he was complaining of being useless at training new students because of being in a wheelchair in the first place. crystal then compared him to xavier in the same conversation.

so if the characters in the book are commenting on the obvious similarities, then those similarities are intentional and the writer is also aware of it. and acting like its bizarre for readers/audience to do the same is not only disingenuous, but is silly in and of itself.

paper thin complaints over legitimate criticisms is what your "observation" amounts to.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Once again you are treating this as if it were real. As I previously stated the negative effects of the terrigen weren't apparent until after Secret Wars. No mutants were being harmed by it months after it was released and in all likelihood some third party has contaminated it in some way. You can't deny the intent behind the act. He never intended on harm the mutants and given the situation in which he used the terrigen bomb, there was no way he had the time to do numerous test that would have likely shown no adverse affects on mutants. Did you here that mutants were being negatively affected before Secret Wars? If not then I don't see Black Bolt or anyone could have predicted M-Pox being a thing. Place the blame on the people who deserve: Marvel Editorial.
    I understand your point, but it was noted in the Son Of M Mini-series that depowered mutants that Quicksilver gave Terrigan Crystals to had adverse effects of them killing some.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I understand your point, but it was noted in the Son Of M Mini-series that depowered mutants that Quicksilver gave Terrigan Crystals to had adverse effects of them killing some.
    all of them exposed to terrigene were either killed or hospitalized. and you're also forgetting that terrigene is known to cause cancer amongst the human population.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    not really, when he was complaining of being useless at training new students because of being in a wheelchair in the first place. crystal then compared him to xavier in the same conversation.

so if the characters in the book are commenting on the obvious similarities, then those similarities are intentional and the writer is also aware of it. and acting like its bizarre for readers/audience to do the same is not only disingenuous, but is silly in and of itself.

paper thin complaints over legitimate criticisms is what your "observation" amounts to.
    The problem here is that people are taking paper thin similarities like characters being in wheelchairs and saying its a ripoff. Gorgon and Professor Xavier are two completely different characters. One was a surrogate father to several X-Men, who spent a large part of his life handicapped. Gorgon was a proud warrior and part of a royal family for decades, now forced to sit on the sidelines when his family needs him the most. The fact that people only see the wheelchairs is incredibly shallow and shows a lack of analysis appreciation for both characters. The two have decades worth of history and yet one similarity suddenly makes them exactly you the same. Where's the logic in thinking like that?

The problem here is that people are taking paper thin similarities like characters being in wheelchairs and saying its a ripoff. Gorgon and Professor Xavier are two completely different characters. One was a surrogate father to several X-Men, who spent a large part of his life handicapped. Gorgon was a proud warrior and part of a royal family for decades, now forced to sit on the sidelines when his family needs him the most. The fact that people only see the wheelchairs is incredibly shallow and shows a lack of analysis appreciation for both characters. The two have decades worth of history and yet one similarity suddenly makes them exactly you the same. Where's the logic in thinking like that?
    Exactly! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    If we are going to treat the this stuff like its real then you can't deny that there wasn't a single adverse affect among mutantkind within the months after its release. As I said before the blame for this entire thing seems to be Marvel editorial. The characters within the books act on their behest. Cyclops can kill Professor X and still be seen as a hero yet Black Bolt does something, in the hopes of saving the entire planet and you guys act like he's Hitler. The motives and ramifications for there actions are only what the writers say they are. Saying Black Bolt should have run more tests is like saying Scott should have traveled to the future, or gotten someone in the MU to look into the future, to avoid making the mistakes he did during AvX. Both actions are plausible but the writers didn't see fit to do so and here we are dealing with messy messy consequences of both these events. Both leaders have effectively lost their positions, ultimately being replaced by women who are now struggling to clean up the mess.

why don't you ask charles soule since he went out of his way to make the comparison in his own book?

the same writer mind you, who, within 2 issues of his brand new book starring gorgon who is NOTHING like charles xavier at all, gets ridiculed just as many times for being in a wheelchair. first by medusa, when she tells him to "have a seat" and next by some guards who joke about him needing parking breaks on his chair.

so who is shallow again? we certainly aren't writing this garbage.
    Last edited by AcesX1X; 12-22-2015 at 08:01 AM.