Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Past View Post
    If we are going to treat the this stuff like its real then you can't deny that there wasn't a single adverse affect among mutantkind within the months after its release. As I said before the blame for this entire thing seems to be Marvel editorial. The characters within the books act on their behest. Cyclops can kill Professor X and still be seen as a hero yet Black Bolt does something, in the hopes of saving the entire planet and you guys act like he's Hitler. The motives and ramifications for there actions are only what the writers say they are. Saying Black Bolt should have run more tests is like saying Scott should have traveled to the future, or gotten someone in the MU to look into the future, to avoid making the mistakes he did during AvX. Both actions are plausible but the writers didn't see fit to do so and here we are dealing with messy messy consequences of both these events. Both leaders have effectively lost their positions, ultimately being replaced by women who are now struggling to clean up the mess.
    I'm not saying Blackbolt is Hitler just pointing out that the harmful events. Cyke was not seen as a hero after Prof X was killed the X-men literally split over it with most of them not wanting to much to do with him.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    I've got a quick question, redrunner97. I've never really followed the Inhumans in any capacity so I'm not really sure how the Terrigen Mist works but I was wondering if you knew if its composition is unique? I've been baffled since this whole storyline was announced cause if it's just mist, why hasn't Storm dispersed it yet? Does the Terrigen Cloud defy physics cause if not this whole big threat can be solved with an oscillating fan.
    Great question. The original terrigen crystals were mined from the blue area of the moon, so since it's not a naturally occurring element on Earth or in it's atmosphere, it would make sense that it'd be outside of Storm' ability to control or disperse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Well I mean that is literally what is happening in the story. The terrigen cloud is creating new Inhumans at the expense of sterilizing and killing off the mutants. MAYBE Marvel isn't trying to replace mutants with Inhumans behind the scene. But currently in the actual story, the Inhumans are gaining more prominence while the mutant population is being killed off, and -that's- what I was complaining about. I would rather the mutants not be involved at all in the Inhumans storyline.
    I get the frustration, and I agree that it was a dumb move to put this storyline into play while there's an activeonline campaign of some X-fans saying the Inhumans are replacing the X-Men because now it somehow gives credence to that idea. Now they can say "I told you so" when there's still no sign of the Inhumans taking over any territory exclusively occupied by mutants, especially within the comics. They had to expect this, so the outcome of this storyline must be worth it to Marvel overall... like pushing towards a major event like the Kree-Skrull War, and the X-Men's role involves some kind of extinction-level event to rebound from or something?

That still doesn't equate to them replacing them, especially not in the sense that everyone seems to ascribed to X-Men. The Inhumans aren't some disenfranchised minority. They are sovereign community that operates among other sovereign entities around the world/universe. People are acting as if these aspects are being taken away when they are not. Most of the core X-Men are still around and if Marvel wanted to get rid of them there far simpler ways of doing so. Also, how does it seem like a good idea to anyone that Marvel would actively have a group they are trying to promote be the cause of another popular groups extinction. Hell, they could have had the Avengers or FF be responsible for this whole thing or better yet, they could have used any number of villains to be the instigators of this problem. Do you guys really think that any company would use this method to actively promote this one group over another, in 2015-2016. Marvel is spcertainly aware of the all the rumors and speculation going around. They know how angry and paranoid X-Men fans are, so why would they have their so called "replacements" be the cause of all this conflict. It doesn't make any logical sense.
    Exactly! Everything beyond this is just fear-based conspiracy.

The X-Men are being sidelined while the Inhumans (and other franchises) are being pushed.
    But the X-Men are not being sidelined BECAUSE the Inhumans (and other franchises) are being pushed.

This is scaring some hardline X-fans, and while that's understandable it's ultimately irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I'm not arguing that Inhumans are replacing mutants. As I said the Inhuman books aren't making them out to be this way. Regardless, in the actual story, the mutants are suffering a dire outcome while the Inhumans are benefitting and I don't see how it's necessary at all especially since Decimation was resolved not that long ago. Maybe Marvel has some grand plan that will pay off and we'll all be satisfied. Maybe not. Others have commented that it is ironic that it's what Marvel seems to be doing and this story is practically commentary on that. As for myself, I'm skeptical that Marvel would be so transparent, but that's the story we're dealing with right now.

Of course I see a lot of arguments that Inhumans are replacing mutants. Some of the arguments are silly (like Gorgon being in a wheelchair) but I can understand people's frustration.
    No one is benefiting from the T-Cloud, not humans, not Inhumans, and certainly not mutants. That's the part of this story that's being overlooked, it's happening for a reason. I still believe the entire thing is the prophecy of the impending Kree-Skrull War, something that's long been a theme of the Inhumans, coming true. The Kree knew this would happen one day, and with the events unfolding in Guardians of the Galaxy, I feel like maybe there's a long-game being enacted here.

But I agree, there's no way Marvel would respond to this conspiracy that mutants are being replaced, but literally replacing mutants. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    I think that's a bit simplistic. Most x fans can and do differentiate between the lackluster premises affecting the X-men and Blackbolt unleashing a cloud that is wiping them out. Fans blame the inhumans because they are literally benefiting from the actions of their king. The same king that is killing them.
    But they're not benefiting. They're city fell from the sky and is broken, sitting in ruins in the waters of New York City. They're being blamed for disrupting human lives, killing mutants, and not being loyal to the Inhumans who originated from Attilan and the other Inhuman tribes on Earth.

And Black Bolt is not the King any more, Medusa is the sole ruler. Black Bolt isn't well liked right now by anyone (except for a few ever-loyal Inhumans) because of the outcome of the T-bomb, and how he gave Ahura, the people's prince, over to Kang.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop88 View Post
    just a quick update last week for the week our store where i work we sold 63 copies of all new x-men 2...sold 31 copies of uncanny inhumans mainly for the mcnicven art hes gone for good after issue 5 and we sold 9 copies total of all new inhumans # 2 after selling about 25 copies of issue 1 ...there is no buzz at all with these inhuman books at all no matter what marvel tries to tell everyone and our store will be cutting our orders drastically for january
    That's why they're pushing them... obviously the sales aren't there yet or they'd have been a hit 50 years ago when they debuted.

Let's not forget it took YEARS for even the X-Men to become even remotely popular. They were outright disliked by most comic fans initially.

And it doesn't help the case for Inhumans when they're being bashed constantly, everywhere, and used as the vehicle of what amounts to a conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    and YET.......................crystal herself compares gorgon himself to the same professor for the exact same "SILLY" reason you accuse others of within her own book......
    She says that specifically to differentiate the two.....

If Gorgon is Prof. X, then Prof. X is Gorgon..... a fat, unintelligent, bearded warrior-man with goat legs that causes earth quakes but can't use them because he was shot in the back by an Inhuman demon with hell inside of his chest, who trains the Royal Guard for Crystal, a princess of an intergalactic Hybrid-alien society.

Now do you see how "silly" the comparison is?
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

I'm double posting because this needs it's own space to occupy:

This isn't a war. It's not one or the other.

Marvel hasn't set that precedent (and I say this as an X-fan nearly my entire life, despite the first comic I ever read being Inhumans #1 from 1975); hostile X-fans who treat these characters like they are really alive, with motivations and agendas, are a massive part of the problem. These are stories.

If Storm killed Black Bolt (my all-time favorite hero) today I wouldn't bat an eyelash. Because I know nothings permanent in comics, and I definitely wouldn't blame Storm for any kind of agenda against the Inhumans (because she's a fictional character made of lines on paper)... Same if Johnny Storm killed him, or even Howard the Duck. It's a story and everything happening is happening to tell a story, it's not being done as a grand plot to phase out the X-Men in favor of the Inhumans. That's utterly ridiculous and worthy of commitment to an insane asylum IMHO.

I repeat this as the basic idea I'm trying to express:

The X-Men are being sidelined WHILE the Inhumans (and other franchises) are being pushed.
    But the X-Men are not being sidelined BECAUSE the Inhumans (and other franchises) are being pushed.
    Please, God, try to understand the distinction between the two!!
    Last edited by redrunner97; 12-22-2015 at 08:24 AM.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by VilotorioFabiano View Post
    This is like telling a married man who just got into an argument with his wife, that he should leave his family because there's a hotter younger women waiting for him around the block. I have my issues with how Marvel treats the XMEN but I'd rather work on those than move on to the newest hot thing.

Speaking about yourself? You may think the Inhumans are a better book but that doesn't mean we have to. The only comics I enjoy reading are XMEN, even what some hardcore comic fans consider "bad". Hell, I even liked AvsX.

I think it's silly that some XMEN fans are lashing out at the Inhumans (I'm not) but trying to shame people into liking the Inhumans is only gonna turn more XMEN fans against them.
    Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I never said I thought one book was better the the other. I have been to numerous X-Men discussions where people have been complaining about the quality. I in no way tried to shame anyone into buying the Inhumans. The problem I was addressing is the bias against them for reason other then their quality. The guy I was responding to only mentioned the quantity being sold. At no point did I say that the X-fans needed to buy the Inhumans and not buy X-Books. People can buy both or neither for all I care. Your wife comparison doesn't work for what I was trying to say. No one is asking X-Fans to stop being loyal to X-Books. I'm simply saying that one shouldn't let their fear or insecurity hinder them from buying something they could potentially like. For example, I've see. Numerous posts where people say they may have given the Inhumans a shot if Marvel wasn't trying to replace the X-Men with them. Hope that helps you understand what I was trying to say.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Runarc View Post
    I believe that the whole terrigenensis issue is a mathod to connect the two franchises. Guilt, in combination with the suffering of the mutants can lead to the two relatively different minority groups working together.

After all, they have little choice. It could just be a grand arc to weave connections between the two worlds. They do have similarities after all with the Nuhumans.

So not Inhumans vs X-men, but more of a Inhuman+X-men section of the marvel universe. The Inhumans get a popularity lift, the X-men stay relevant.
    Screw that, let them go mooch off of the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    I'm double posting because this needs it's own space to occupy:

This isn't a war. It's not one or the other.

Marvel hasn't set that precedent (and I say this as an X-fan nearly my entire life, despite the first comic I ever read being Inhumans #1 from 1975); hostile X-fans who treat these characters like they are really alive, with motivations and agendas, are a massive part of the problem. These are stories.

If Storm killed Black Bolt (my all-time favorite hero) today I wouldn't bat an eyelash. Because I know nothings permanent in comics, and I definitely wouldn't blame Storm for any kind of agenda against the Inhumans (because she's a fictional character made of lines on paper)... Same if Johnny Storm killed him, or even Howard the Duck. It's a story and everything happening is happening to tell a story, it's not being done as a grand plot to phase out the X-Men in favor of the Inhumans. That's utterly ridiculous and worthy of commitment to an insane asylum IMHO.
    This is what I have been trying to tell theme this whole time. This is not a war. You don't need to pick sides. You can enjoy both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Screw that, let them go mooch off of the Avengers.
    They're not real. They aren't mooching off anyone. If this was true the every Deadpool crossover over the last 5+ years has been him mooching off of other franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I'm not saying Blackbolt is Hitler just pointing out that the harmful events. Cyke was not seen as a hero after Prof X was killed the X-men literally split over it with most of them not wanting to much to do with him.
    I was referring to the very real fans that touted "Cyclops was right" months after the event. Also if it spilt the X-Men in half that still means half of them looked passed his actions or agree with them on some level. Why is one characters actions excusable but another's aren't? Why do people here continue to act as if these events and character hold any real weight?

BANNED

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I never said I thought one book was better the the other. I have been to numerous X-Men discussions where people have been complaining about the quality. I in no way tried to shame anyone into buying the Inhumans. The problem I was addressing is the bias against them for reason other then their quality. The guy I was responding to only mentioned the quantity being sold. At no point did I say that the X-fans needed to buy the Inhumans and not buy X-Books. People can buy both or neither for all I care. Your wife comparison doesn't work for what I was trying to say. No one is asking X-Fans to stop being loyal to X-Books. I'm simply saying that one shouldn't let their fear or insecurity hinder them from buying something they could potentially like. For example, I've see. Numerous posts where people say they may have given the Inhumans a shot if Marvel wasn't trying to replace the X-Men with them. Hope that helps you understand what I was trying to say.
    I didn't put words into your mouth. You did.

It's just sad to see you guys supporting poor quality because you're feeling so insecure.

If I were you I'd just let redrunner make the arguments since his doesn't trash the Xbooks.

I didn't put words into your mouth. You did.

It's just sad to see you guys supporting poor quality because you're feeling so insecure.

If I were you I'd just let redrunner make the arguments since his doesn't trash the Xbooks.
    As I already stated, I've heard numerous X-Fans, some in this very thread, say they would buy poorly written X-Books before buying Inhumans books. I've also seen numerous posts about the poor quality of both the current X-books for various reason. I have no problem with the quality of the books and buy both X-Books and Inhumans. At no point did I say I personally thought the X-Books were terrible.
    Last edited by Child of the Past; 12-22-2015 at 09:09 AM.

I would buy poorly written X-books before I'd buy Inhumans books, but that's because I don't care about the Inhumans and never have. Why would I want to read about a bunch of characters that I care nothing about? Other than Black Bolt I don't even think I can name one.

BANNED

As I already stated, I've heard numerous X-Fans, some in this very thread, say they would buy poorly written X-Books before rubbing Inhumans books. I have no problem with the quality of the books and buy both X-Books and Inhumans. At no point did I say I personally thought the X-Books were terrible.
    That's a total cop out. If a few people say that the Inhuman books suck, you instantly become protective and argue that person's opinion. But if a few people trash the XMEN books, you suddenly take their word as if they're the majority? Come on man.

This is what I have been trying to tell theme this whole time. This is not a war. You don't need to pick sides. You can enjoy both.
    this is very much a war.

As I already stated, I've heard numerous X-Fans, some in this very thread, say they would buy poorly written X-Books before buying Inhumans books. I've also seen numerous posts about the poor quality of both the current X-books for various reason. I have no problem with the quality of the books and buy both X-Books and Inhumans. At no point did I say I personally thought the X-Books were terrible.
    poorly written x-books any day and week over anything inhuman. if you think x-fans are going to hand over money to that team and book so long as the terrigene is wafting around poisoning and killing off mutants, you've got another thing coming.

That's a total cop out. If a few people say that the Inhuman books suck, you instantly become protective and argue that person's opinion. But if a few people trash the XMEN books, you suddenly take their word as if they're the majority? Come on man.
    Read the comment directly above yours.

Some people aren't even that level-headed about it. People have told me numerous time that they would not buy Inhumans books because of spite. The quality of the Inhumans books rarely has anything to do with the reasons people aren't buying them and that's the problem. Did you not read the sentence where I said I personally enjoy the X-Books. I'll keep telling you over and over if that helps. I'm not advocating that X-fans drop X-books for Inhumans. I m simply saying there is nothing wrong with getting both. Likewise theirs nothing wrong with getting neither, if the both have quality that doesn't meet your standard.

You seem to think I'm being aggressive here but I'm not trying to be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    this is very much a war.

poorly written x-books any day and week over anything inhuman. if you think x-fans are going to hand over money to that team and book so long as the terrigene is wafting around poisoning and killing off mutants, you've got another thing coming.
    I'm an x-fan, and I buy both the X-Men and Inhumans books. So...yeah