Super Moderator

Default POLL: What Do You Think of the New "Batman v Superman" Trailer?

Warner Bros. has unleashed a spoiler-ific trailer for "Dawn of Justice," filled with major moments, but has it sold you on the film?

Full article here.

It started out soooo strongly, but I have to say I was completely out off by Jesse Eisenberg's Lex. Both Affleck and Cavill were absolutely NAILING their roles as the young idealist vs the world weary warrior but then Lex prances in and drains the tension out of the whole scene with some overly expository dialogue and painful intonation. Completely deflated the weight of that entire brilliant confrontation. I really wish they had gone with a powerful and imposing Lex, or at least someone who comes across less hokey and more menacing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    It started out soooo strongly, but I have to say I was completely out off by Jesse Eisenberg's Lex. Both Affleck and Cavill were absolutely NAILING their roles as the young idealist vs the world weary warrior but then Lex prances in and drains the tension out of the whole scene with some overly expository dialogue and painful intonation. Completely deflated the weight of that entire brilliant confrontation. I really wish they had gone with a powerful and imposing Lex, or at least someone who comes across less hokey and more menacing.
    He might evolve into that later
    Physical fitness usuly becomes big for Lex after he meets superman

I am hyped!

Please be good please be good please be good

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He might evolve into that later
    Physical fitness usuly becomes big for Lex after he meets superman
    I hope thats the case, cause Eisenberg definitely has the acting chops to pull off a real dangerous bad guy but so far I'm not seeing Lex Luther.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Second movie in what WB hopes is 10-20 years of DCU movies. We know he ends up bald and more buff by the end of this one - a little patience to let the character evolve might be in order. Eisenberg is a great actor (and the way he played Zuckerberg shows you he can play a complete asshole) so I'm not too worried

Well, there is a rumor going around that Eisenberg is actually Lex Luthor jr. I hope that's the case and he dies at the end of this movie so they can bring in someone else to play a menacing Lex Luthor.
    The cringe is strong with this one..

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Shadow View Post
    Well, there is a rumor going around that Eisenberg is actually Lex Luthor jr. I hope that's the case and he dies at the end of this movie so they can bring in someone else to play a menacing Lex Luthor.
    The cringe is strong with this one..
    Really? Hadn't heard that yet, hope it's true.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I thought it was a decent trailer overall, I think I like the first one abit better, but this one still had me hyped by the end of things. Looking forward to Bats, Supes and Wondey VS Doomsday!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Keeping it Bat-related, I think Affleck seemed a better Batman then he did Bruce Wayne from what we saw from the trailer. I just wasn't very convinced by how he portrayed the Bruce persona.

And his Batman voice sounds a heck of a lot better to my ears then Bale's ..

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Keeping it Bat-related, I think Affleck seemed a better Batman then he did Bruce Wayne from what we saw from the trailer. I just wasn't very convinced by how he portrayed the Bruce persona.
    Bear in mind that this is an older and more weary Bruce Wayne though. More of the Bruce from Batman Beyond and less regular playboy Bruce Wayne.

I actually think that it is refreshing to have a villain who has a nervous manic energy as compared to the stoic and imposing heroes. It makes Lex seem all that more desperate and in turn, unpredictable and dangerous.