Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Who are your favorite under-appreciated villains?

Since Bats has the "best rogues gallery" I'd thought we could have a place for the stupid/minor/one-shot villains no one talks about.

Some of my favourites include;

Onomatopoeia, story/character wise he's always been a bit meh but I do love his gimmick of saying comic book noises.

The Carpenter, I love the idea of someone who builds death traps/villains lairs and she also reminds me of Harley but with out the killing and torture.

Absence, there was something about the idea of what does happen to the "Wayne girls" and Dandy Walker syndrome actually had me thinking about her for a few weeks after reading her story.

Astonishing Member

This could be quite the lengthy thread. Batman has over 500 villains.

I liked:

Orca

Simon the Pieman

Fun Haus

Sweet Tooth
    Last edited by scary harpy; 01-03-2015 at 07:59 PM.

batGRRRl4ever

I think Batgirl's first villain for her current book Mirror has some interesting points:

my winged pyromaniac prince.

BANNED

I always had a fondness for Hugo Strange.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Firefly and King Tut top my list.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Amazing Member

Killer Moth is one of my favorites

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Can't believe that I forgot him. I knew there was another one. Thanks for reminding me.

My favorite is Anakry! I love the guy.

I really liked White Rabbit from The Dark Knight series. I felt she had potential to be a great villain but they kinda finished her story (half-heartedly) and then we never heard from her again, save for her cameo appearances in Arkham War/Forever Evil. White_Rabbit.jpg

BANNED

Still want to see him in a Batman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin Truth View Post

Still want to see him in a Batman movie.
    I didn't read much about Firefly (mainly due to low exposure, and just being a dumb muscle to the main villain), but his boss fight in Arkham Origin was pretty awesome, very cinematic

Only two do it for me Hugo and the greatest under-rated Batman Villain of all time.. LORD DEATH MAN!!!!

And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyZERO View Post
    I didn't read much about Firefly (mainly due to low exposure, and just being a dumb muscle to the main villain), but his boss fight in Arkham Origin was pretty awesome, very cinematic
    There's not alot of great Firefly stories imo but there's a few things you could try like Batgirl Year One, he's one of the more intresting villians in Knightfall and has an arc in Streets Of Gotham.

Few more of my favourites;

El Sombero, I'm a sucker for death traps so a villain who makes them will always be one of my faves.

Jane Doe, a rare non-sexed up villainess.

Monk, one of the first bat-villians and batman needs more goth villains imo.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I've got to start with Hugo Strange. Luckily, he's not that obscure any more thanks to Arkham City. When I first got in to Batman comics in the mid-90's I found a trade of Strange Apperitions and have been a huge fan ever since. It doesn't hurt that Prey is also great. He doesn't have a lot of storylines, but most are very good.

Killer Moth. He has a ludicrous name (oOoOoh, beware... a moth!), he wears pink spandex (yes, he wears pink spandex!), and matches that pink with orange and green. Seriously, the guy's colour-scheme is more schizophrenic than Crazy Quilt's. The Misfits was a fantastic arc in SotB.

I'd like to see the return of the original Ventrilloquist (Arnold Wesker) and Scarface. I did that entirely without 'G's... I mean 'B's.

In fact, I'm a sucker for a lot of the Grant/Breyfogle villains: V&S, Rat Catcher, Kadaver, Anarky.

Seriously, what the heck happened to Zsasz? He was so good in his first few showings and now is just a generic slasher often used as a plot device rather than the actual focus of the story.

I was hoping that the New 52's amalgamated Clayface would be a better villain. Sadly, it seems he is doomed to be dumb muscle.

Killer Croc, same as above.

I'd like to seem more Mad Hatter. Another character who doesn't actually have that many storyarcs, but those that he does are all pretty good.

I am sooooo happy that the Riddler is finally getting the love he deserves. We almost got there before OYL. He got a new look, a break in his crippling mental issues and was on the warpath. Then Paul Dini ignored all this build up and made him a hacky detective. I was utterly livid (am still am a bit)!

Now, if only we could get some good Two-Face... Nah, I'm asking too much.