Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member

two words

Shiny, Shiny.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
    I'm just curious, what makes you feel Two-Face under appreciated? Being a huge fan in my opinion he has had some good stories involving him and is probably one of Batman's top five or even worse case top ten most popular villains. Not trying to say you are wrong, I'm just curious. Do you mean just under appreciated as Two-Face the villain and not his time as DA Dent?

Under appreciated as a threat, if that makes sense. A villain who leaves fate up to a coin is a force to be reckoned with, you know what I mean? I think I'd fear Dent rather than someone like Deathstroke. The Batman fans that I have come across don't really see him as a threat.

Lightbulb The Penguin: Animalia Bank

So much social attention goes to the Joker and the Riddler, two of Batman's most deadly adversaries in his brooding Gotham City, and for two primary reasons:

1. the Joker and the Riddler think that evil can be equated with hysteria
    2. the Joker and the Riddler have effectively defined evil in terms of intellectual pranks

This is why the Penguin goes overlooked. The Penguin is an eccentric villain who walks like a penguin and sometimes squeaks like a penguin, perhaps believing that evil and animal instincts are worthy of human focus, a rather eerie consideration.

Think about it --- a penguin is a delicate and offbeat animal, and it seems to walk with a quirky grace.

The Penguin on the other hand accents the accessibility of wrath even if it applies to the rage of the animal kingdom.

I imagine that the Penguin keeps in his company a strange mistress named Miss Mouse for whom he purchases an animal fur coat, perhaps to signify his intention to vocalize the 'cute savagery' of the vain-glorious mind.

Would you debate with the Penguin about the ethical complexities associated with animal-derived fur coats? Early cave men and Eskimos wore animal-derived fur coats out of the practicality of environmental condition adaptation, but modern man wears animal-derived fur coats for simple 'glamour bravado.' So why would the Penguin give his mistress an animal-derived fur coat?

Such questions illuminate the potential intellectual evil of the creepy Penguin.

BANNED

Flamingo. I really liked him in Pre new 52 Batman and Robin. He's evil yet wears such a warm color like pink, this is pretty interesting. And he's one nasty bastard, he cut the face of the air hostess in his flight and ate it... this is super sick... cool.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Priscilla_S...28New_Earth%29
    Anybody remember Pesticyde from the Detective 27 remake in 627? I think they should come back.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Penguin, Lady Shiva, Killer Moth, the Mime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Under appreciated as a threat, if that makes sense. A villain who leaves fate up to a coin is a force to be reckoned with, you know what I mean? I think I'd fear Dent rather than someone like Deathstroke. The Batman fans that I have come across don't really see him as a threat.
    That perfectly makes sense to me. A coin and a revolver doesn't really seem that threatening in the world of Batman, but the idea of his thinking is one reason I'm so intrigued with his character and why I think like you said he is so dangerous.

Incredible Member

I think Penguin is a good choice. The Eternal team did a good job writing him at the beginning of the weekly and Robin Lord Taylor is doing an excellent job portraying him on Gotham>

Lightbulb Toyman (DC Comics): Gadget Box

Let's face it, a surfaced theme in the comic book mosaic is the use of intricate diabolical gadgets and explosive toys by villains.

Penguin (DC Comics), nemesis of Batman, uses devices/toys, and so does Toyman (DC Comics).

Toyman is a nemesis of the Superfriends. Toyman uses various bizarre toys that explode or create havoc.

Toyman is arguably as clever and as under-appreciated as the Penguin.

Toyman (Wiki)

toyman.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by evangelionofasgard View Post
    The Phantasm

Do we know why they never brought him in to the comics?
    Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CatBoy View Post
    Do we know why they never brought him in to the comics?
    "Him"????

Phantasm is mostly just a Timm-Verse incarnation of the Reaper anyways, composited Judson Caspian's costume style and bloodthirsty vigilantism, with Rachel Caspian's conflicting relationship with Bruce.

Last edited by ngroove; 02-01-2015 at 12:53 PM.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

I really love The Absence.
    * opens parasol and covers face *
    I make love, you make me sick.

Lightbulb Killer Croc: The Ugly Side of Crime

Killer Croc is definitely under-appreciated.

Here's a villain who is not evil because he's deformed, but rather, like Shakespeare's grotesque anti-hero Richard III, Croc is deformed because he's evil.

In fact, his deformity sometimes feels like the best perceptual access Batman has into the villain's sinister mind.

Killer Croc is more brutish than similar deformity-evil conscious Bat-villains such as Penguin and Two-Face, and he is more slimy than the other brutishness-omen Bat-villain Bane.

When you think of machinations, you think of Penguin and Joker, but when you think of the ugliness of evil, you think of Killer Croc.

killer-croc.jpg

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I will hound DC until the end of time if they don't collect the entirety of Croc's like 8 or so first app arc ending Tec 526 (I think 526 is the only issue collected).

The Phantasm is great. I hate Year Two and its Reaper. But love The Phantasm and the movie. In my comic continuity...before Julie Madison, there was Andrea Beaumont (Bruce's best chance at avoiding Batman for true love).

Mr Fun is a favorite villain, so much potential. I hope DC collects Batman Family by John Francis Moore someday.

I liked Dini's Facade and hope someone uses him more someday.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-10-2015 at 09:30 AM.

Incredible Member

The other 3 to 4 of these guys / gals: