Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

My favourites are Mad Hatter (Halloween special and Arkham Asylum), Doctor Strange (Prey), Clayface (TAS), Calendar Man (The Long Halloween) Cavalier (Blades) Mr. Whisper (Gothic) and The Monk (The mad monk). I could see several stories to make this characters better/more prominent.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Since Bats has the "best rogues gallery" I'd thought we could have a place for the stupid/minor/one-shot villains no one talks about.

Some of my favourites include;

Onomatopoeia, story/character wise he's always been a bit meh but I do love his gimmick of saying comic book noises.
    Should be a Green Arrow villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Django P View Post
    Ventriloquist and Clock King. Both because of Batman the Animated Series

Attachment 15127
    Clock king should be a GA villain.

BANNED

Superman. Love arcs where they fight.

Also, Hurt. Not in the ultra-devil version Morrison evolved him into, but as a rogue psychological scientist experimenting on people - just a cool concept.

Oh and the mutants!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I second Doctor Hurt. I love what Grant revealed him to be: A still-somewhat-mysterious (I still wonder how certain things went down) 1765 colonial occultist turned a semi-immortal weapon of the dark god Darkseid against Batman. He's a dark devilish take on Bruce's father, Thomas. Hurt is the dark father, and Talia is the dark father...Batman vs these dark representations of his parents. Darkseid's revenge. Bruce gets Hurt's ID wrong in RIP (guessing Mangrove Pierce) I think because Hurt is a puzzle Batman couldn't figure out initially. The hole in the things, the piece that couldn't fit, there since the beginning.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-10-2015 at 03:33 PM.

Spectacular Member superiorcrisis's Avatar

Since I got into Batman from the BTAS, I'd say Roland Daggett.

EDIT: I meant Rupert Thorne.

I like Hurt, but I think he's a one-story villain. He doesn't have the same appeal now that he has lost.
    Last edited by superiorcrisis; 02-14-2015 at 11:35 AM.
    What I'm buying: Justice League, Batman, Amazing Spider-Man and a bunch of back issues.

What I'm reading: Ultimate Spider-Man (2000)

Don't tell Willie

"Y'all." - Kevin Malone

Spectacular Member superiorcrisis's Avatar

Actually, did he appear pre-Morrison?
    What I'm buying: Justice League, Batman, Amazing Spider-Man and a bunch of back issues.

What I'm reading: Ultimate Spider-Man (2000)

Don't tell Willie

"Y'all." - Kevin Malone

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by superiorcrisis View Post
    Actually, did he appear pre-Morrison?
    Morrison based Hurt off of the scientist from the Silver Age story - Robin Dies at Dawn.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    The other 3 to 4 of these guys / gals:

I was hoping Beware the Batman would've introduced Preston Payne's Clayface. They introduced a "Mr. Payne" before the end of the season and I was wondering if anything would've come out of that. Closest we'll see to him is a cameo in a painting in Brave and the Bold.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Morrison based Hurt off of the scientist from the Silver Age story - Robin Dies at Dawn.
    That would be a fun character, but the whole Wayne link, time travel stuff is too much. I suppose I agree that Hurt is a one-story foe. (But a damn fine story)

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by son of booyah View Post
    That would be a fun character, but the whole Wayne link, time travel stuff is too much. I suppose I agree that Hurt is a one-story foe. (But a damn fine story)
    I think most villains can thrive with the right writers. That being said, Pyg's boring post-Morr apps prove not being used can be good.

It seems unless a villain is like more than 20 yrs old, no writer will try to write memorable post-creator stories with him.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-11-2015 at 06:18 AM.

Great White Shark, he has an interesting origin story and the idea of a mob boss running organise crime from a cell in Arkham is pretty cool.

Wrath, liked the New 52 version of him shame they never followed up on his alliance with Emperor Penguin in Tec.

Scarecrow, with his fear gas he should be able to take out the majority of heroes in the DCU and he is quite clever, but he feels pretty underused the last couple of years, besides Forever Evil Arkham War. Though that could change with his major role in the upcoming game Arkham Knight.

Also would say Calendar Man, Black Mask, Killer Croc and Firefly.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    Scarecrow, with his fear gas he should be able to take out the majority of heroes in the DCU and he is quite clever, but he feels pretty underused the last couple of years, besides Forever Evil Arkham War. Though that could change with his major role in the upcoming game Arkham Knight.
    Detective Comics #23.2
    Forever Evil / Arkham War / Batman vs Bane
    Detective Comics #27-29
    Batman Eternal #37-40, assumably still ongoing throughout title

Scarecrow, like Penguin / Killer Croc / Poison Ivy / Mad Hatter / Mister Freeze / Clayface, seemingly seems to be used just about every month for the past three years, throughout the various Bat-Titles.
    Last edited by ngroove; 02-11-2015 at 11:52 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Detective Comics #23.2
    Forever Evil / Arkham War / Batman vs Bane
    Detective Comics #27-29
    Batman Eternal #37-40, assumably still ongoing throughout title

Scarecrow, like Penguin / Killer Croc / Poison Ivy / Mad Hatter / Mister Freeze / Clayface, seemingly seems to be used just about every month for the past three years, throughout the various Bat-Titles.
    You forgot Hurwitz's arc in The Dark Knight

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Zeiss (I know he's a Matrix rip-off with Scott McDaniels on art) could fit the bodyguard role for Falcone, Scarface, Black Mask, Mad Hatter etc.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

There's not enough Rat Catcher around. Just read his intro story in the Breyfogle book, and I think in the right hands (*cough*Snyder*cough*) he could be creepy as hell.

BANNED

Flamingo... he cuts the faces of people and eat them... what more can you ask ? lol

I love how he's this vicious guy but wears pink... and he doesn't talk at all now that's insane he expreses himself by eating poeple's faces i guess lol