Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'll just add one detail to the Terrigen Bomb/Cloud: prior to Secret Wars and the All-New All-Different Marvel, there was not a single hint that it adversely affected mutants. After Secret Wars, now it does. So in the 8-month gap, something, or someone, changed the properties of the cloud to make it toxic to mutants. At this point in time, we don't know if it was a deliberate or incidental change.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'll just add one detail to the Terrigen Bomb/Cloud: prior to Secret Wars and the All-New All-Different Marvel, there was not a single hint that it adversely affected mutants. After Secret Wars, now it does. So in the 8-month gap, something, or someone, changed the properties of the cloud to make it toxic to mutants. At this point in time, we don't know if it was a deliberate or incidental change.
    I chalk it up to the bright and shiny retcon button

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    I chalk it up to the bright and shiny retcon button
    I don't. I think it's highly suspect that the spears have begun to show up right around the time the mutants started getting sick.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I have been wondering why SHIELD or the US government hasnt had sent Blackbolt to jail for the detonating the terrigen bomb, after all they sent Cyclops to jail for what happened in AvX; so is there any difference ?, (besides, that well, Medusa and Crystal and the rest are not a bunch of hypocrites like Wolverine's side of the X-men):

- The Phoenix had 50/50 chance of destroying the planet; so did Blackbolt at least knew that the bomb wouldnt kill every non-Inhuman ? (like the MCU terrigen before it was dropped into the ocean).

- Blackbolt detonated the bomb in part because KarnaK told him that a big conflict was coming; meanwhile Cyclops was acting based in part from what Cable told him about what caused his action in Avengers: X-sanction.

- Both the Phoenix and the T-bomb created more mutants and Inhumans, respectively.

- The T-bomb got rid of Thanos, and the Phoenix Five made worldwide improvements.
    The MCU Terrigen works exactly the same as the comic book Terrigen. The first examples of it were just made from a melted down Diviner, which mixed the properties of the metal (lethal to non-Inhumans) with the Terrigen itself (transforms Inhumans, does nothing to others). That was remedied when it entered the ecosystem and the Diviner metal was filtered out when the crystals dissolved, leaving the metal to sink.

So Black Bolt had every reason to think that releasing the Terrigen was only going to transform latent Inhumans. It has no history of harming others, aside from some US experiments on soldiers that weren't latent Inhumans and couldn't take the transformation. That it has started hurting mutants is strange, and appears to be new. I reckon something happens in the eight month gap to poison it to mutants, likely a villain's plot. The Skyspears weren't there before, after all.

Other than that, you're right. The two situations are very similar. I really look forward to seeing Cyclops and Black Bolt interact because of it!
    Last edited by Reality; 12-03-2015 at 05:16 PM.

Oh man, here we go again...

The main differences:

1) Blackbolt didn't appoint himself as some sort of world power.
    2) Scott and the others took control of a force that they knew was "volatile" to say the least, and just kind of ran with it while trying to murder the avengers. Blackbolt set of the T-Bomb just to active the inhumans and I highly doubt he knew it would kill the mutants
    3) Scott tried to destroy the world, we don't even know how many people aside from the inhumans and few avengers who even know that blackbolt did it. Plus it kind of happened when the world was in the middle of an invasion

Those are the main differences, and I don't seem to see why people feel the need to compare the two. I hardly see them or their actions as similar in ramifications or intent. This statement is not directed at the OP or anyone directly, but the main argument I've seen on these boards is "why does blackbolt get away with it but scott goes to jail" which is hardly an argument. that's like complaining that you're in jail for murder when another murder is free (maybe not the best analogy, but you get the idea).
    You mean aside from being the king of a whole nation full of powered individuals?
    Or like when he basically attacked and conquered two alien races.
    That kind of non-worldpower?

The Terrigan bomb was not activated in response to Thanos. Because Black-Bolt was in the Illuminati he knew that bigger trouble was heading towards the Earth with the Incursions. In order to help give the 616-Earth a better fighting chance whenever it was about to collide with another Earth, he detonated the bomb to activate as many inhumans as possible. That way there was a higher concentration of metahumans to defend the planet where ever the incursion zones appeared.
    The only consequence Thanos had, as other stated was the fact he was after Thane who half-Inhuman so he went to Attlian and demanded he be handed over, which resulted in the fight between Thanos and Black-Bolt that sent Attlian crashing into the river in Manhattan.
    Black-Bolt also didn't get away 'free' for his actions either. He knew for detonating the bomb at the very least he'd be removed as king of the Inhumans (which is the only government he recognizes and is a member of) or executed so instead he faked his death and continued to operate with the Illuminati in trying to stop the incursions (and help his pal BP get some sweet revenge on Namor).

Cyclops on the other hand when he got the powers of the Phoenix used them to disarm all military forces around the world and declared that he and the other Phoenixes were taking over defense of the Earth and everyone would be protected from everyone else through them.
    I'd also like to point out that Cyclops willingly allowed himself to be taken into custody at the end of AvX so that he could be put on trial for what he did, people only started to have a 'problem' with him when he changed his mind, broke out and started doing hit-and-run operations with his X-Men squad that consisted of people that were members of his Extinction team. You know the ones he wrote an open letter to the world about that said "We're here to protect mutants, if you screw with us we have the raw power to make any and all aggressors extinct."
    Last edited by JamJams; 12-03-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    You mean aside from being the king of a whole nation full of powered individuals?
    Or like when he basically attacked and conquered two alien races.
    That kind of non-worldpower?
    Blackbolt has always been the leader of the inhumans, so that's not new. And being a leader of a nation (attilan) is not the same as being a world power, which is why everyone left doom alone (mostly)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    The MCU Terrigen works exactly the same as the comic book Terrigen. The first examples of it were just made from a melted down Diviner, which mixed the properties of the metal (lethal to non-Inhumans) with the Terrigen itself (transforms Inhumans, does nothing to others). That was remedied when it entered the ecosystem and the Diviner metal was filtered out when the crystals dissolved, leaving the metal to sink.

So Black Bolt had every reason to think that releasing the Terrigen was only going to transform latent Inhumans. It has no history of harming others, aside from some US experiments on soldiers that weren't latent Inhumans and couldn't take the transformation. That it has started hurting mutants is strange, and appears to be new. I reckon something happens in the eight month gap to poison it to mutants, likely a villain's plot. The Skyspears weren't there before, after all.

Other than that, you're right. The two situations are very similar. I really look forward to seeing Cyclops and Black Bolt interact because of it!
    MCU terrigen isn't the same as comic book terrigen, or there would be a BUNCH of dead humans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    The Terrigan bomb was not activated in response to Thanos. Because Black-Bolt was in the Illuminati he knew that bigger trouble was heading towards the Earth with the Incursions. In order to help give the 616-Earth a better fighting chance whenever it was about to collide with another Earth, he detonated the bomb to activate as many inhumans as possible. That way there was a higher concentration of metahumans to defend the planet where ever the incursion zones appeared.
    The only consequence Thanos had, as other stated was the fact he was after Thane who half-Inhuman so he went to Attlian and demanded he be handed over, which resulted in the fight between Thanos and Black-Bolt that sent Attlian crashing into the river in Manhattan.
    Black-Bolt also didn't get away 'free' for his actions either. He knew for detonating the bomb at the very least he'd be removed as king of the Inhumans (which is the only government he recognizes and is a member of) or executed so instead he faked his death and continued to operate with the Illuminati in trying to stop the incursions (and help his pal BP get some sweet revenge on Namor).

Cyclops on the other hand when he got the powers of the Phoenix used them to disarm all military forces around the world and declared that he and the other Phoenixes were taking over defense of the Earth and everyone would be protected from everyone else through them.
    I'd also like to point out that Cyclops willingly allowed himself to be taken into custody at the end of AvX so that he could be put on trial for what he did, people only started to have a 'problem' with him when he changed his mind, broke out and started doing hit-and-run operations with his X-Men squad that consisted of people that were members of his Extinction team. You know the ones he wrote an open letter to the world about that said "We're here to protect mutants, if you screw with us we have the raw power to make any and all aggressors extinct."
    yep. that pretty much sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I have been wondering why SHIELD or the US government hasnt had sent Blackbolt to jail for the detonating the terrigen bomb, after all they sent Cyclops to jail for what happened in AvX; so is there any difference ?, (besides, that well, Medusa and Crystal and the rest are not a bunch of hypocrites like Wolverine's side of the X-men):

- The Phoenix had 50/50 chance of destroying the planet; so did Blackbolt at least knew that the bomb wouldnt kill every non-Inhuman ? (like the MCU terrigen before it was dropped into the ocean).

- Blackbolt detonated the bomb in part because KarnaK told him that a big conflict was coming; meanwhile Cyclops was acting based in part from what Cable told him about what caused his action in Avengers: X-sanction.

- Both the Phoenix and the T-bomb created more mutants and Inhumans, respectively.

- The T-bomb got rid of Thanos, and the Phoenix Five made worldwide improvements.
    If Black Bolt tried destroying the world there's a descent chance they would have tried arresting him too.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    people only started to have a 'problem' with him when he changed his mind,
    He "changed his mind" because mutants were getting murdered to get back at him and it was CLEAR that there was no trial date or any chance of him to expose his views to the world at all- the plan from the US government was simply have him murdered in prison or let someone else do it.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

MCU terrigen isn't the same as comic book terrigen, or there would be a BUNCH of dead humans.
    From everything we've seen it is. There's not yet been an example of a latent Inhuman without enough of the gene that's died mid-cocoon in the MCU (like in the comics), but that very well could happen in the future. It's fairly rare even in the comics. The only terrigen-related deaths in the MCU thus far came from the diviner, not the terrigen crystals or mists themselves.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

That doesn't make sense. Terrigen doesn't kill humans unless you object a lot of it into them in the comics. And there have been no dead humans, only dead Inhumans. Not sure why you think that...
    Last edited by Reality; 12-04-2015 at 01:10 AM.

Blackbolt has always been the leader of the inhumans, so that's not new. And being a leader of a nation (attilan) is not the same as being a world power, which is why everyone left doom alone (mostly)
    He isn't their leader as of Infinity and their powers alone make them a world power.