Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What's the difference between the Phoenix and T-bomb ?.

I have been wondering why SHIELD or the US government hasnt had sent Blackbolt to jail for the detonating the terrigen bomb, after all they sent Cyclops to jail for what happened in AvX; so is there any difference ?, (besides, that well, Medusa and Crystal and the rest are not a bunch of hypocrites like Wolverine's side of the X-men):

- The Phoenix had 50/50 chance of destroying the planet; so did Blackbolt at least knew that the bomb wouldnt kill every non-Inhuman ? (like the MCU terrigen before it was dropped into the ocean).

- Blackbolt detonated the bomb in part because KarnaK told him that a big conflict was coming; meanwhile Cyclops was acting based in part from what Cable told him about what caused his action in Avengers: X-sanction.

- Both the Phoenix and the T-bomb created more mutants and Inhumans, respectively.

- The T-bomb got rid of Thanos, and the Phoenix Five made worldwide improvements.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I have been wondering why SHIELD or the US government hasnt had sent Blackbolt to jail for the detonating the terrigen bomb, after all they sent Cyclops to jail for what happened in AvX; so is there any difference ?, (besides, that well, Medusa and Crystal and the rest are not a bunch of hypocrites like Wolverine's side of the X-men):

- The Phoenix had 50/50 chance of destroying the planet; so did Blackbolt at least knew that the bomb wouldnt kill every non-Inhuman ? (like the MCU terrigen before it was dropped into the ocean).

- Blackbolt detonated the bomb in part because KarnaK told him that a big conflict was coming; meanwhile Cyclops was acting based in part from what Cable told him about what caused his action in Avengers: X-sanction.

- Both the Phoenix and the T-bomb created more mutants and Inhumans, respectively.

- The T-bomb got rid of Thanos, and the Phoenix Five made worldwide improvements.
    Ok lets get a few things straight here. The T-bomb didn't get rid of Thanos. Thanos wanted, in order, his half Inhuman son Thane, any Infinity Gems he could find, and planetary weapons of mass destruction he could easily lay hands on (not that he really needed them as he could create them himself).
    Cyclops went to jail (as a US citizen held by US authorities) for as yet unspecified crimes and mass destruction. Black Bolt won't be going to any US jail any time soon, because a) He's not a US citizen b) Who's going to go to Attilan and take on any and all loyal powered subjects defending him as well as BB himself? Not happening.

Marvel decided that AvX needed to happen, and now mutants x inhumans needs to happen. Just that, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Ok lets get a few things straight here. The T-bomb didn't get rid of Thanos. Thanos wanted, in order, his half Inhuman son Thane, any Infinity Gems he could find, and planetary weapons of mass destruction he could easily lay hands on (not that he really needed them as he could create them himself).
    Cyclops went to jail (as a US citizen held by US authorities) for as yet unspecified crimes and mass destruction. Black Bolt won't be going to any US jail any time soon, because a) He's not a US citizen b) Who's going to go to Attilan and take on any and all loyal powered subjects defending him as well as BB himself? Not happening.
    Well, people in this board kept saying that the T-bomb defeated Thanos.................................

And about B), since when that has ever stopped SHIELD from trying ?.

BANNED

The Terrigen Bomb:
    A device activated by Black Bolt's voice, built by the King and his brother Maximus, for the purpose of auenting the Inhuman population ahead of a disaster, what is shaping up to be an invasion by the Kree aimed squarely at them. Was detonated early in a gambit to fight Thanos while the events of Infinity left the Earth unprotected by the Avengers. Frequently used as a metaphor for change, in body, in lifestyle, in one's place in the world.

The Pheonix:
    A cosmic force of life, death, and rebirth. A cleansing fire. Frequently bonded to the mutant Jean Grey or the comrades thereof. Frequently used to demonstrate absolute power's abiltity to corrupt absolutely, as in guiding the power of the Pheonix you run the risk of the power of the Pheonix guiding you.

Hope that helps clear it up.

man, you guys just don't stop with this do ya?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    The Terrigen Bomb:
    A device activated by Black Bolt's voice, built by the King and his brother Maximus, for the purpose of auenting the Inhuman population ahead of a disaster, what is shaping up to be an invasion by the Kree aimed squarely at them. Was detonated early in a gambit to fight Thanos while the events of Infinity left the Earth unprotected by the Avengers. Frequently used as a metaphor for change, in body, in lifestyle, in one's place in the world.

The Pheonix:
    A cosmic force of life, death, and rebirth. A cleansing fire. Frequently bonded to the mutant Jean Grey or the comrades thereof. Frequently used to demonstrate absolute power's abiltity to corrupt absolutely, as in guiding the power of the Pheonix you run the risk of the power of the Pheonix guiding you.

Hope that helps clear it up.
    Well, i was talking about differences in using it, because apparently you are an evil tyrannical %&/(/&% if you use Phoenix, and a hero that did what he had to do if you use the bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    man, you guys just don't stop with this do ya?
    Well, it's a free country, and i wanted some of the fun too.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

The MCU terrigen wasn't killing non-Inhumans, it was the metal from the diviner that had been infused with those specific terrigen crystals (then expelled in the ocean water) in After-Life. Easy mistake to make though, as honestly they didn't explain it very well. Essentially, terrigen has never been lethal to anyone in the comics, films, or animated series to this day; until the mutants.

I'm willing to bet someone or something is behind this whole mutant-extinction thing. Maybe Kang went back in time and poisoned it? Idk.

Beyond all of these points though, really this is happening because Marvel is trying to tell a story with an endgame we cannot foresee. For all we know this entire chain of events is setting something big into motion and it will leave mutants in an even better position than prior. Maybe this is even Marvel's attempt at "fixing" the X-Men and getting back to solid storytelling again. Things might just need to get bad before they get good to service the story.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    The MCU terrigen wasn't killing non-Inhumans, it was the metal from the diviner that had been infused with those specific terrigen crystals (then expelled in the ocean water) in After-Life. Easy mistake to make though, as honestly they didn't explain it very well. Essentially, terrigen has never been lethal to anyone in the comics, films, or animated series to this day; until the mutants.

I'm willing to bet someone or something is behind this whole mutant-extinction thing. Maybe Kang went back in time and poisoned it? Idk.

Beyond all of these points though, really this is happening because Marvel is trying to tell a story with an endgame we cannot foresee. For all we know this entire chain of events is setting something big into motion and it will leave mutants in an even better position than prior. Maybe this is even Marvel's attempt at "fixing" the X-Men and getting back to solid storytelling again. Things might just need to get bad before they get good to service the story.
    Well, M-day is his fault too, so why not ?.

And given the tract record, that's not likely to happen.

BANNED

Well, i was talking about differences in using it, because apparently you are an evil tyrannical %&/(/&% if you use Phoenix, and a hero that did what he had to do if you use the bomb.

Well, it's a free country, and i wanted some of the fun too.
    Okay. One is a catastrophic gasleak, the other is world domination. Even if they were making general improvements no one regime can have unanimous global support.

And because you're basically asking what the difference between Cyclops and Black Bolt is in the most trollish way possible, they are actually quite similar. It's just that Marvel has an unquenchable lust for contrived hero v hero conflict and need to throw spanners into both series to get it to happen. So when you make sidelong comments about the nature of the Inhumans vis a vis the X-Men just rember we have to put up with a lot of status quo shakeups too kthnx.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

No ones saying Black Bolt is a hero BECAUSE of the T-Bomb, not even the Inhumans royal family is.

Lots of NuHumans are pissed that Black Bolt essentially transformed them into monsters, Crystal called him out to Medusa in All-New Inhumans #1 and said this entire mess was his fault, and Medusa basically broke up with him, telling him that she was the sole ruler now because if his extreme response (this was prior to M-Pox being discovered, but now she's likely even more upset with his actions). Not to mention every mutant, and every radical human is obviously upset by the T-Bomb... I don't think Black Bolt has gotten off easy. It's just like Dr. Doom, a bit. He's allowed some diplomatic immunity by the international community as a whole when it comes to certain events.

Black Bolt can't express himself as well as others, and I get the sense that he has a grand plan he's working with and is unwilling to divulge his motives until it's absolutely necessary. I don't think they've abandoned the whole "Karnak saw a flaw in the universe" storyline, so who knows where this is all going?
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    I think it was in the ANAD Point One comic that Baron Von Strucker received the antidote for the T-cloud (or something similar) and he immediately decided it was a way to kill. I think that may come into play again. I don't know how much time has lapsed since that occurred, or even where it falls in the 8 month jump.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    I think it was in the ANAD Point One comic that Baron Von Strucker received the antidote for the T-cloud (or something similar) and he immediately decided it was a way to kill. I think that may come into play again. I don't know how much time has lapsed since that occurred, or even where it falls in the 8 month jump.
    I'm guessing it pertains to whoever sent the skyspears, with their genocide "glyph." We know that Cable has come back to stop a Kree-related attack that will occur in the future, and that the Inhumans originated as Kree super soldiers. We also know Black Bolt (and I guess Karnak to an extent) is aware of some impending crisis involving the Inhumans. So I think it's safe to figure that the two are related. The only wrinkle is there is no overt Kree language on the spears, and there's also no known connection between the Kree and the mutants of Earth that would compell the former to attack the latter.

I'm guessing it pertains to whoever sent the skyspears, with their genocide "glyph." We know that Cable has come back to stop a Kree-related attack that will occur in the future, and that the Inhumans originated as Kree super soldiers. We also know Black Bolt (and I guess Karnak to an extent) is aware of some impending crisis involving the Inhumans. So I think it's safe to figure that the two are related.
    Interesting. I didn't know that about Cable. I'll just leave this here for the uninitiated.

The only wrinkle is there is no overt Kree language on the spears, and there's also no known connection between the Kree and the mutants of Earth that would compell the former to attack the latter.
    The mutant connection is odd, since Terrigen had never been deadly to mutants before. Increasing their powers to dangerous levels, yes, but not deadly.
    Last edited by Blue Reloaded; 12-03-2015 at 02:03 PM.

Mighty Member

Oh man, here we go again...

The main differences:

1) Blackbolt didn't appoint himself as some sort of world power.
    2) Scott and the others took control of a force that they knew was "volatile" to say the least, and just kind of ran with it while trying to murder the avengers. Blackbolt set of the T-Bomb just to active the inhumans and I highly doubt he knew it would kill the mutants
    3) Scott tried to destroy the world, we don't even know how many people aside from the inhumans and few avengers who even know that blackbolt did it. Plus it kind of happened when the world was in the middle of an invasion

Those are the main differences, and I don't seem to see why people feel the need to compare the two. I hardly see them or their actions as similar in ramifications or intent. This statement is not directed at the OP or anyone directly, but the main argument I've seen on these boards is "why does blackbolt get away with it but scott goes to jail" which is hardly an argument. that's like complaining that you're in jail for murder when another murder is free (maybe not the best analogy, but you get the idea).