Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    BANNED

Man i wish someone like jimmy olsen and alfred pennyworth had this much passionate debates ike MJ has despite being a support character.

The only time Jimmy Olsen inspires passionate debates is when a black actor is cast to play him. *ba-dum tshh*

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The only time Jimmy Olsen inspires passionate debates is when a black actor is cast to play him. *ba-dum tshh*
    Sick burn. And I'm pretty sure if there's not enough passionate debate about Alfred, that's because Alfred's been such an integral part of Batman's life in all of Batman's incarnations for so many decades that nobody in their right mind, even among the professionals, would think of not including Alfred or minimizing his role in the Batman stories the way Marvel has done with Mary Jane in the last eight years of Spider-Man comics.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

[QUOTE=Confuzzled;1846326]The only time Jimmy Olsen inspires passionate debates is when a black actor is cast to play him. *ba

An actor that doesn't look the part, and not because he's black...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sick burn. And I'm pretty sure if there's not enough passionate debate about Alfred, that's because Alfred's been such an integral part of Batman's life in all of Batman's incarnations for so many decades that nobody in their right mind, even among the professionals, would think of not including Alfred or minimizing his role in the Batman stories the way Marvel has done with Mary Jane in the last eight years of Spider-Man comics.
    True, Alfred's always been treated like a lord. Though I wouldn't put it past Sony's The Amazing Spider-Man team to minimize Alfred if they ever tackled the Bat mythos. The Untold Story of Aunt Harriet, anyone?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

[QUOTE=LoganAlpha30X33;1847439]
    The only time Jimmy Olsen inspires passionate debates is when a black actor is cast to play him. *ba

An actor that doesn't look the part, and not because he's black...
    I would add that Jimmy Olsen was played by blond and brunet actors in the past, and those actors weren't asked to dye their hair red to more properly resemble Jimmy Olsen. I'd say those guys don't look any more like the Jimmy Olsen I'm familiar with than Mehcad Brooks does. Hell, we should probably get into why so many redheaded male characters from comics end up getting played by blonds and brunets who aren't asked to dye their hair to more closely resemble the characters they're playing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

[QUOTE=Huntsman Spider;1849154]
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post

I would add that Jimmy Olsen was played by blond and brunet actors in the past, and those actors weren't asked to dye their hair red to more properly resemble Jimmy Olsen. I'd say those guys don't look any more like the Jimmy Olsen I'm familiar with than Mehcad Brooks does. Hell, we should probably get into why so many redheaded male characters from comics end up getting played by blonds and brunets who aren't asked to dye their hair to more closely resemble the characters they're playing.
    It is unique to see Jimmy Olsen depicted as a respected figure. That seems to be a bigger change to the characer than race.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It is unique to see Jimmy Olsen depicted as a respected figure. That seems to be a bigger change to the characer than race.
    True. And yet the "voicing of concerns" is only loud when a superficial change is made to the character. At least MJ's fanbase is vocal about the treatment of the character going beyond hair/skin color. Even if MJ is race changed in the movies, I doubt the people who would oppose it actually care about the character, or at least not to the extent of the majority of fans.

True. And yet the "voicing of concerns" is only loud when a superficial change is made to the character. At least MJ's fanbase is vocal about the treatment of the character going beyond hair/skin color. Even if MJ is race changed in the movies, I doubt the people who would oppose it actually care about the character, or at least not to the extent of the majority of fans.
    I wouldn't be against a race changed MJ so long as the actress got the character right and could still look like MJ in her own way, but I would be a little disappointed if one of Marvel's most iconic green-eyed redheads wasn't a redhead in the movies.

Though I admit I'm biased when it comes to redheads .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier;1858131[B
    ]Though I admit I'm biased when it comes to redheads[/B] .
    I completely understand, for so am I.
    Stay Calm. Carry Guns.

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...65374878691328

Getting back on topic, Bendis announced on his twitter that Spider-Man #2 and Invincible Iron Man #7 sold out and are getting new printings. Inv. IM #7 is the "Tony and MJ discuss her new job" issue.

Iron Jane Oficial Amazing Spiderman 15 cover Alex Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...65374878691328

Getting back on topic, Bendis announced on his twitter that Spider-Man #2 and Invincible Iron Man #7 sold out and are getting new printings. Inv. IM #7 is the "Tony and MJ discuss her new job" issue.
    Invincible Iron Man #4 (MJ's debut) has sold out THREE TIMES and is now going into fourth printing!

Its pretty amusing that MJ is more popular than Iron Man. Kind of sad, in a way, too.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Iron Jane Official Amazing Spiderman 15 cover Alex Ross
    I've never been that fond of the costume but damn MJ can make even that look cool LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Its pretty amusing that MJ is more popular than Iron Man. Kind of sad, in a way, too.
    That's how awesome MJ is