Amazing Member

Default Telltale Games Announces New Batman Series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWXc12R9FIA

“At Telltale, we’ve been honored to bring our unique approach to interactive storytelling to some of the biggest entertainment franchises in the world, and we’re excited to announce that we’ll soon be exploring what it means to be Batman in an all-new series starting next year,” said Kevin Bruner, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games. “This iteration of Batman will give fans a first-hand opportunity to dive deeper into the complex life and mind of Bruce Wayne, the duality of his own identity, and the struggle of responsibility in saving a city overcome with corruption and villainy.”

Source: ComicBook

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/04/tell...batman-series/

Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

Incredible Member

Dang, Telltale's doing both Marvel and DC. Should be interesting.

I hope they upgrade their engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I hope they upgrade their engine.
    I doubt it. Part of their success comes from their games running on every platform out there, from smartphones to last-gen consoles to.... well actual toasters, probably.

If you can play as Bruce and interact with everyone in Gotham including his villains that's all I need. I find the art style quaint and it fits the series even if it is made to run on literally all platforms including smartphones
    The last few telltale series haven't been that good as far as the story goes but I loved the first walking dead game they did

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    If you can play as Bruce and interact with everyone in Gotham including his villains that's all I need. I find the art style quaint and it fits the series even if it is made to run on literally all platforms including smartphones
    The last few telltale series haven't been that good as far as the story goes but I loved the first walking dead game they did
    Telltale hasn't had a bad series since they did Jurassic Park. I just finished Tales from the Borderlands about half an hour ago and can't wait for more awesome from Telltale.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

They might use someone original as the player character instead of Batman. It allows the player to come up with their own interpretation of the POV character's values and beliefs, instead of sticking to established characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Telltale hasn't had a bad series since they did Jurassic Park. I just finished Tales from the Borderlands about half an hour ago and can't wait for more awesome from Telltale.
    Eh, The Walking Dead Season 2 was relatively weak, due to poor writing throughout the middle chapters. Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands were stellar, though. Game of Thrones kind of falls into the same traps as the show in recent seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    They might use someone original as the player character instead of Batman. It allows the player to come up with their own interpretation of the POV character's values and beliefs, instead of sticking to established characterization.
    They talk about you playing as Batman though, and exploring the duality of Bruce and Batman in the game as he combats crime and villainy in Gotham.
    Last edited by Frontier; 12-03-2015 at 08:44 PM.

Eh, The Walking Dead Season 2 was relatively weak, due to poor writing throughout the middle chapters. Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands were stellar, though. Game of Thrones kind of falls into the same traps as the show in recent seasons.
    Walking Dead Season 2 definitely had some issues, mainly it felt aimless after seemingly resolving what appeared to be the big story conflict in episode 3 and a weak final choice(without spoilers, it would have been a harder choice between the older character and one of the other new characters that they got rid of in that episode rather then they one they went with), but the Game of Thrones game really did have a bitter ending with its cliffhanger ending(and that Gared's portion was pretty much entirely setup for the second season). I dunno if I can go back to telltale after playing Life is Strange, Dontnod just kinda took the same formula and did it far better in my opinion.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Played all of Walking Dead S1, and the first episode of S2 (it's free for ps+ users btw), and I really should've played the GoT ones by now. This is going to be kick ass.

Really? I liked season 2 much more than season 1 and I really love season 1.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics