Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default The Best, Ongoing Story Line in Marvel

Let's say you were subscribed to a ton of Marvel titles, and the time for renewal was here. The problem? Christmas (or whatever) left you with practically zero comic funds.

So, you can choose just one title to renew. Which one?

In my opinion, either Invincible Iron Man, Amazing Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, The Vision, or Uncanny Inhumans.

Incredible Member

Wow it would be hard because I always need to have a X-men and a Avengers comic. So I guess I would go with the Avengers and the ANAD title since it is the one that comes off as a traditional Avengers title so far.

Uncanny Inhumans I guess. But it'd hurt.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

The only one I'm reading. Hercules

Personally, Uncanny Inhumans was the book that made me go out and buy my first physical book. However, I've been reading Invincible Iron Man and Amazing Spider-Man longer.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Probably Iron Man or Squadron Supreme.

That'd be a really painful choice, since I'm loving ANAD Marvel so far. Ms Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Captain America, Thor and Inhumans would all be under consideration.
    But if I had to pick just one, it's be ANAD Avengers, as that has most of the characters I love, and so far the writing has been just what I'm after.

I'd say Invincible Iron Man, as that seems to be what Marvel is pushing, and is actually a really fun book by Bendis. That said, you could always do one of the team anchor books depending on what part of the universe you're interested in: ANAD Avengers is the "core" Avengers book at the moment, Guardians of the Galaxy is the cosmic book (though Guardians of Infinity is far better at the moment), Uncanny Inhumans if you're interested in seeing where Marvel is taking them, or Extraordinary X-Men which is supposedly also good. Really it just depends on what characters you want to read about, though team books will probably be the best bet for capturing a good view of that corner of the Marvel Universe, IMO.

EDIT: It also depends on what you're reading or interested in at the moment. You said renewing, but didn't put what you were reading to begin with.

BANNED

Ms Marvel is likely the best book Marvel is putting out at the moment, but as for storylines, nothing has me quite as enthralled as the story Jason Aaron started telling in Thor: God of Thunder, and I suspect that will continue to be a compelling story as the fabled War of Realms approaches.

Most stories Marvel is telling require more than one boom though; Inhumans, X-Men, maybe not the Avengers at the moment.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Vision and Silver Surfer...duh!

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Can't live without my Spider-Man subscription.

Ms MArvel is all I need...along with Daredevil and Spiderman 2099. And ASM is fine too.

Honorable mention goes to ANXM and ANW.
    Last edited by AJpyro; 12-04-2015 at 10:20 PM.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

I think I'd either say Uncanny Inhumans (because I'm already very impressed by where it has gone so far) or Extraordinary X-Men (because I'm excited to see where it goes).

But Spider-Man 2099 has been great so far too. I's say the same for All-New Inhumans, Doctor Strange, Ms. Marvel, and Uncanny Avengers as well (and Squirrel Girl, and Howard the Duck, and Karnak, and Sam Wilson: Captain America, and All-New X-Men... lol).

There's just so many good books out right now for ANAD Marvel IMO.
    Last edited by redrunner97; 12-05-2015 at 12:48 AM.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Daredevil followed by Uncanny Inhumans