Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Nice thread.

Well, Im not the biggest Inhuman guy. I just started getting into them within the last year or two actually (live action developments got my attention). So I dont really have much of an opinion on who should be in the film, or who should play who.

But I do know this much; I dont want (many) normal looking Inhumans, and I want some references to Agents of SHIELD.

One of the things that really attracted me to the Inhumans was the idea that its essentially "The Monsters of Universal Studios meets Game of Thrones". That has a lot of appeal, and I think it sets the Inhumans apart from all the other homo sapiens offshoots out there in fiction. So I want that played up. I dont even want Bolt and Medusa to look human, honestly. Like, instead of a black costume with lightning-esque designs on it, make that Bolt's actual skin. Or something. I dunno, I just know that I dont want the Inhumans to look like they're just another group of people in costumes. Make them weird and exotic looking, make them monstrous, make them stand out. Honestly, one of the big reasons I never got into the property before this was because they just look so generic. Medusa's costume isnt even a good one, you know? Obviously we already have some human looking Inhumans in the MCU, but the fewer the better, and the closer we get to the Royal family, the more strange I want them to look.

And I want some reference to Agents of SHIELD. That show has done a lot of the heavy lifting to introduce the concept of the Inhumans into the MCU, I think the least the film could do is show Coulson some love. So let's see, at least, the events of the show mentioned in the movies. If terrigen has been released across the globe by a rogue colony, the Royal family should have something to say about it, and I want to hear what it is. Getting Coulson or Quake to actually show up for a cameo or small role would be great too, and really help tie things together, but who knows if that's contractually possible. But at the very least, I want some direct references to AoS.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

^Movie Coulson is better than TV Coulson to me sonId be all over that.

Ultimate Member

Lets see here:

-Black Bolt-Vin Diesel.
    -Medusa-Jessica Chastain.
    -Crystal-Jane Levy.
    -Maximus the Mad-Andrew Scott.
    -Gorgon-Joe Manginello.
    -Karnak-Donnie Yen.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 12-05-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think if Agents of SHIELD is still on the air when the Inhumans gets close to opening you will see one of the movie cast pop up their first. It might only be for one scene but I could see Black Bolt sending out someone like Crystal to check out the situation with the how things are since the Terrigen was unleashed, but again that is a big if about AoS still being on the air in 4 years.

They really should not have started messing with the Inhumans plot line this early on the show and waited until at least a few years closer to the movie, but they knew they had to get superpowers on AoS or the show was going to be cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post

Matt Bomer as Black Bolt
    I've thought long and hard about who would play Blackagar Boltagon, King of the Inhumans. I don't think Vin Diesel would be the best choice, while I agree he has an unmatched presence, I don't think he's right for the role because I don't believe he has the talent and emotiveness to bring a character to life without any dialogue (plus Vin would likely be well into his 60's before Marvel'd be through with his character).

Matt Bomber, on the other hand, looks the part (both masked and unmasked), and has proven he has the talent to use body langue and his eyes as the windows into such a fascinating character's thoughts and actions -without ever uttering a word. I also think his build more accurately reflects Black Bolt than Vin Diesel's own body type; Bomer is muscular but also slimer, as Black Bolt has most often been presented int he comics. He also has the powerful jawline that would look well under the mask. Overall I think he'd make an excellent King.

*I'm glad to see some of you guys on the same page with me for this one, as he's literally the only person I can think of as King Black Bolt*

Jessica Chastain as Medusa
    The Queen of the Inhumans, Medusa. She's regal and royal, but also fierce and willing to wage war for her people. Jessica Chastain has the gravitas needed for this character, and she would bring so much to the table. She'd make Medusa likable, as easily beloved by her people -but also deep, terrifying if you get on her bad side. She'd be excellent!

Natalie Dormer as Crystal
    Anyone who's seen her in action knows she can be just as much of a badass as she can be a princess. She's a wonderful actress with the skill needed to transition such a fan-favorite character to movie-level status. I really don't think I even need to say more regarding this pick!

Eddie Redmayne as Maximus the Mad
    Maximus is such a complex villain. It only makes sense that they'd go for an actor who has proven himself able to handle a role so psychological. Eddie Redmayne is undeniable one of the best actors working today, and he'd be able to truly bring a Maximus to the screen who's sympathetic, but also evil (see his villainous role in Jupiter Ascending), and simultaneously as insane as his name suggests.

Garrett Hedlund as Trtiton
    Kirby originally conceived Triton as very handsome underneath all the scales, you can judge for yourself whether my pick meets that criteria; but he's got the slender build Triton requires, and he's an amazing actor who'd, as one of the most physically altered of the Royal Family, be able to emote well even through all the makeup.

Joe Manganiello as Gorgon
    The beard. And he's insanely talented. He has the ability to command every scene both vocally and physically, while also capable of delivering some of the brutish comedic relief Gorgon's kinda known for.

Michael Ealy as Karnak
    He's got the scruffy look, the right build, and is no stranger to playing the cynic. Plus he's shown (from his performance in this year's The Perfect Guy) that he can also easilly switch between cool, calm, and collected, and off-the-handle. With some training in getting the fighting moves down, I'm sure he'd excel in this role.

Jamie Chung as Auran
    She's beautiful, can play the whole "innocent but also a badass" angle, and she'd add a bit of diversity to the cast. A perfect match for Auran.
    I love your casting for BlackBolt, Medusa, Crystal and Gorgon.
    Trying to think of a good Reader. It's tough.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

I guess I could throw my hat into the casting ring.

Black Bolt: Jim Caviezel
    Caviezel was my first choice for Batman in the new DCCU. And the same traits I like him for in Person of Interest that could have made him a good Batman could make him a good Black Bolt too. Soft spoken. A strong jaw. Not so much the "black-suited omen for criminals" part but what can you do?

Lockjaw: Frank Welker
    This is just an obligatory one. If you've ever heard an animal in a film it was probably Mean Mr. Megatron.

Medusa: Rebecca Ferguson
    She was one of the best female co-leads I've seen in a long time in Mission Impossible 5. Also, Medusa's totally gonna have fake hair, so it doesn't really matter what color the actress's natural hair is. Ferguson does most of her own stunts.

Crystal: Emma Watson?
    I don't know who I'd pick for Crystal. I don't really have enough of a feel of her yet. But Watson is a great actress and basically a superhero in real life, so...

OOO Emma Watson as Crystal would be good!

Lockjaw I guess they would have to do what they do for Hulk or something. Though I can see them just using a very large dog of some sort and then SFX it bigger.

(Also, this most recently episode of AOS has Coulson in Full Avenger mode. It was awesome. He pulled a Cap. Highly recommend this season)
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    OOO Emma Watson as Crystal would be good!

Lockjaw I guess they would have to do what they do for Hulk or something. Though I can see them just using a very large dog of some sort and then SFX it bigger.

(Also, this most recently episode of AOS has Coulson in Full Avenger mode. It was awesome. He pulled a Cap. Highly recommend this season)
    I might have to check it out then. Most characters like Lockjaw would be a person walking around on all fours in a mocap suit, and in today's industry that person is Andy Serkis.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    Well, you remember how confused people were when Black Widow turned out to be a white woman, right? ..........

As opposed to an African American woman whose husband has passed away...
    LOL! Now that is the funniest post I've read today.

Well in response to Mr MajestiK's earlier question to me about whether I was serious about moviegoers been confused about Black Bolts name, I wasn't,but looking at your post about the Black Widow, maybe truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/05/dark...-marvel-movie/

^ Read that Cillian Murphy wants to be in a Marvel movie and immediately thought he'd be perfect for Maximus!!

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I guess I could throw my hat into the casting ring.

Black Bolt: Jim Caviezel
    Caviezel was my first choice for Batman in the new DCCU. And the same traits I like him for in Person of Interest that could have made him a good Batman could make him a good Black Bolt too. Soft spoken. A strong jaw. Not so much the "black-suited omen for criminals" part but what can you do?

Lockjaw: Frank Welker
    This is just an obligatory one. If you've ever heard an animal in a film it was probably Mean Mr. Megatron.

Medusa: Rebecca Ferguson
    She was one of the best female co-leads I've seen in a long time in Mission Impossible 5. Also, Medusa's totally gonna have fake hair, so it doesn't really matter what color the actress's natural hair is. Ferguson does most of her own stunts.

Crystal: Emma Watson?
    I don't know who I'd pick for Crystal. I don't really have enough of a feel of her yet. But Watson is a great actress and basically a superhero in real life, so...
    I'd be down for all of these honestly. These or my own picks lol

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Lets see here:

-Medusa-Jessica Chastain.
    -Crystal-Jane Levy.
    -Maximus the Mad-Andrew Scott.
    -Gorgon-Joe Manginello.
    Like these too.
    Last edited by redrunner97; 12-05-2015 at 11:51 PM.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

If n=Nuhumans are part of the movie, I hope they introduce Inferno has a POV character.