Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

All for Chastain as Medusa. And I know loads are going for Diesel as Black Bolt, but the moment someone put Wentworth Miller in my head, I can't get it out. As for Maximus: Rheon Iwan.

John Cena as Gorgon?

I kid, I kid...

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    Huh?

His name is Blackagar Boltagon.
    So let's make Kagar Tagon instead of Black Bolt then.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Lol! No not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    Black Bolt: Vin Diesal, not because I think he'll kill it, but he has the physical presence to do it and it's very likely going to happen.
    Medusa: Jessica Chastain. She's a great actress. She's a red head. She could use a bit more stardom to help make her name go mainstream.
    Maximus: Honestly it seems like Jesse Eisenberg's portrayal of Lex could have been a great Maximus. Ezra Miller could be good, but he's going to be Flash for DC. Not a huge fan of the Gary Oldman suggestion. Johnny Depp possibly. Though we'd risk getting him playing just some variation of Jack Sparrow/Mad Hatter/Willy Wonka since that's all he does these days. But I like what he does even if it is no longer overly original.
    Karnak: Jaoquin Phoenix. Not necessarily a perfect fit, but I think I'd have fun seeing him in this role.
    Crystal: Emma Watson because why the **** isn't she in the MCU yet?

EDIT: After second thought swap Joaquin and Johnny Depp. Depp's quirky yet cryptic persona would work well as Karnak and Juoquin's squeaky voice could play well into Maximus. And he has the chops to really steal the show as Maximus.
    I think you were correct the first time. Phoenix would certainly work as Karnak from the new Ellis book. While Depp is just too distinctive to disappear into the role (at this point in his career).

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I would like to see Rose McIver as Crystal
    McIver is already playing a superhero on her own show, basically!
    But if she was in the MCU, it should be as a character that allows her to show of her range. Is there a Marvel character who imitates other characters?

Black Bolt – Matthew Bomer
    Medusa – Jessica Chastain (when it works, use it)
    Crystal – Katherine Waterson
    Karnak – Ken Watanabe
    Gorgon – Joe Manganiello
    Triton – Luke Evans
    Maximus – Rheon Iwan (so damn perfect it’s scary)

BANNED

I don't know about cast, but for characters:

Obviously Black Bolt and Medusa. Crystal too, but I don't know what role she should play. Karnak and Gorgon. Pretty much the whole main Royal family since l'm hoping the movie stays in Attilan.

I don't want Maximus to be in it. I want there to be a box in the basement that no one talks about, and we don't see in the box til the post credit scene. I feel similarly about the Alpha Primatives.

Using Maximus right off the bat I fear would ring too derivative of Loki from the first Thor movie, and no one can really pull off that role lime Tom Hiddleston. The whole army thing would also potentially be too similar to Loki from the Avengers.

For me it depends on where they want to start the story. If NuHumans are already a thing (not sure if that's quite the same as what's happening in SHIELD) then I'm all for Inferno and Naja and all that, basically adapting the NuHumans vs Unspoken story from last volume but keeping Attilan in its place. If it's going to be like pre-Infinity Inhumans then I'm not sure. Them fighting off an outside invading force like in the Jae Lee series would probably be best.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Matt Bomer as Black Bolt
    I've thought long and hard about who would play Blackagar Boltagon, King of the Inhumans. I don't think Vin Diesel would be the best choice, while I agree he has an unmatched presence, I don't think he's right for the role because I don't believe he has the talent and emotiveness to bring a character to life without any dialogue (plus Vin would likely be well into his 60's before Marvel'd be through with his character).

Matt Bomber, on the other hand, looks the part (both masked and unmasked), and has proven he has the talent to use body langue and his eyes as the windows into such a fascinating character's thoughts and actions -without ever uttering a word. I also think his build more accurately reflects Black Bolt than Vin Diesel's own body type; Bomer is muscular but also slimer, as Black Bolt has most often been presented int he comics. He also has the powerful jawline that would look well under the mask. Overall I think he'd make an excellent King.

*I'm glad to see some of you guys on the same page with me for this one, as he's literally the only person I can think of as King Black Bolt*

Jessica Chastain as Medusa
    The Queen of the Inhumans, Medusa. She's regal and royal, but also fierce and willing to wage war for her people. Jessica Chastain has the gravitas needed for this character, and she would bring so much to the table. She'd make Medusa likable, as easily beloved by her people -but also deep, terrifying if you get on her bad side. She'd be excellent!

Natalie Dormer as Crystal
    Anyone who's seen her in action knows she can be just as much of a badass as she can be a princess. She's a wonderful actress with the skill needed to transition such a fan-favorite character to movie-level status. I really don't think I even need to say more regarding this pick!

Eddie Redmayne as Maximus the Mad
    Maximus is such a complex villain. It only makes sense that they'd go for an actor who has proven himself able to handle a role so psychological. Eddie Redmayne is undeniable one of the best actors working today, and he'd be able to truly bring a Maximus to the screen who's sympathetic, but also evil (see his villainous role in Jupiter Ascending), and simultaneously as insane as his name suggests.

Garrett Hedlund as Trtiton
    Kirby originally conceived Triton as very handsome underneath all the scales, you can judge for yourself whether my pick meets that criteria; but he's got the slender build Triton requires, and he's an amazing actor who'd, as one of the most physically altered of the Royal Family, be able to emote well even through all the makeup.

Joe Manganiello as Gorgon
    The beard. And he's insanely talented. He has the ability to command every scene both vocally and physically, while also capable of delivering some of the brutish comedic relief Gorgon's kinda known for.

Michael Ealy as Karnak
    He's got the scruffy look, the right build, and is no stranger to playing the cynic. Plus he's shown (from his performance in this year's The Perfect Guy) that he can also easilly switch between cool, calm, and collected, and off-the-handle. With some training in getting the fighting moves down, I'm sure he'd excel in this role.

Jamie Chung as Auran
    She's beautiful, can play the whole "innocent but also a badass" angle, and she'd add a bit of diversity to the cast. A perfect match for Auran.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

I'm not sure who I would want the characters portrayed by, but I've been thinking about the movie a lot. I can't help but wonder if they take from Soule's current run. I mean, with AOS having Inhumans popping up all over the place, it would only make sense that at some point that would catch the Royal Family's attention. It feels to me that AOS is probably going to have some sort of tie to the InHumans movie. And in my opinion, I think they should at least get one or two family members (Crystal for sure - maybe Medusa, Karnak, or Gorgon) running around the MCU before the Inhumans movie hits theatres.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Oooooh, how bout Emma Stone as Crystal? Probably not because of Spidey, but i think she'd be perfect.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I'm not sure who I would want the characters portrayed by, but I've been thinking about the movie a lot. I can't help but wonder if they take from Soule's current run. I mean, with AOS having Inhumans popping up all over the place, it would only make sense that at some point that would catch the Royal Family's attention. It feels to me that AOS is probably going to have some sort of tie to the InHumans movie. And in my opinion, I think they should at least get one or two family members (Crystal for sure - maybe Medusa, Karnak, or Gorgon) running around the MCU before the Inhumans movie hits theatres.
    It'd be cool if Medusa was the villain of Captain Marvel (a throwback to her debut as a villainous member of the Fantastic Four), only for it to be revealed in the end that she was being mind-controlled by Maximus to steal some kind of device from the humans (possibly one of the last remaining Infinity Stones?). Once Medusa manages to retrieve it, Captain Marvel chases her back to the dark side of the moon and they have their final battle in Attilan, thus exposing the Inhuman civilization and the Royal Family to the US government. This encounter could be the catalyst for the Inhumans to learn about the NuHumans of Agents of SHIELD, and also lead them to take their place in the MCU. Then in Infinity War, perhaps Captain Marvel is sent to recruit the royal family after the Avengers learn of Thanos and his army's impending attack. Maybe at some point during the battle Maximus escapes and as the Inhumans evacuate through Eldrac the Door, Maximus detonates the T-Bomb (as revenge against Captain Marvel and the Inhumans) and Attilan crashes down to Earth (landing in the Himalayas, of course), unlocking the gene of tons of latent Inhumans on Earth... Crystal decides to stay with the Avengers after falling for one of it's members (a resurrected Quicksilver, or someone filling his role as her love interest), and the rest of the Inhumans deal with the fallout of the events of Infinity War in the first solo movie...

But since that won't be happening, I'm curious to see how they handle introducing the Inhumans during such a chaotic time in the MCU.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

It'd be cool if Medusa debuted on Agents of Shield as a villain, then the Royal Family finds her, and then Shield comes into conflict with them. echoing the Inhuman's 616 origins.

BANNED

^The only issue I have with that is that introducing Medusa as a mind-controlled villain doesn't do the charcater much justice, and also has some unfortunate implications as far as the "designated girl fight" trope goes if she fights Carol. I do like Black Bolt/Medusa appearing in a movie before The Inhumans though, in much the same manner Black Panther is. That's because I really want to see Black Bolt vs Thanos during Infinity War, and having them as an enigmatic force popping up in earlier movies services that. I could see post credit scenes being a good place to start telling that story. Unless MCU Attilan is near MCU Wakanda, and they can cameo in Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    McIver is already playing a superhero on her own show, basically!
    But if she was in the MCU, it should be as a character that allows her to show of her range. Is there a Marvel character who imitates other characters?
    I know that she's on iZombie but is not really an superhero show and is so related to DC than the Marvel shows are from Disney, you know. Plus, the movie is going to be released in 2019, maybe the show doesn't even make it there.
    Thinking now I guess that Emma Watson would be actually better for Crystal but anyway lol. I think that there's characters who have other people personality or something like that but I can't think of one now.