Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

What if the Inhumans already have one of the last unclaimed Infinity gems? And that's what loops them into the fight somehow?
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    What if the Inhumans already have one of the last unclaimed Infinity gems? And that's what loops them into the fight somehow?
    Perhaps if they're on the Moon. It would be hard to believe that two Stones would be on Earth and there hasn't been more invasions to claim them. But that would be awesome, if the last Stone is in Attilan and the Avengers need to make their final stand there.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

CJStriker, great idea for a thread, my friend! I've enjoyed reading what everyone thinks so far!

[img]

Matt Bomer as Black Bolt
    I've thought long and hard about who would play Blackagar Boltagon, King of the Inhumans. I don't think Vin Diesel would be the best choice, while I agree he has an unmatched presence, I don't think he's right for the role because I don't believe he has the talent and emotiveness to bring a character to life without any dialogue (plus Vin would likely be well into his 60's before Marvel'd be through with his character).

Matt Bomber, on the other hand, looks the part (both masked and unmasked), and has proven he has the talent to use body langue and his eyes as the windows into such a fascinating character's thoughts and actions -without ever uttering a word. I also think his build more accurately reflects Black Bolt than Vin Diesel's own body type; Bomer is muscular but also slimer, as Black Bolt has most often been presented int he comics. He also has the powerful jawline that would look well under the mask. Overall I think he'd make an excellent King.

*I'm glad to see some of you guys on the same page with me for this one, as he's literally the only person I can think of as King Black Bolt*

Jessica Chastain as Medusa
    The Queen of the Inhumans, Medusa. She's regal and royal, but also fierce and willing to wage war for her people. Jessica Chastain has the gravitas needed for this character, and she would bring so much to the table. She'd make Medusa likable, as easily beloved by her people -but also deep, terrifying if you get on her bad side. She'd be excellent!

Natalie Dormer as Crystal
    Anyone who's seen her in action knows she can be just as much of a badass as she can be a princess. She's a wonderful actress with the skill needed to transition such a fan-favorite character to movie-level status. I really don't think I even need to say more regarding this pick!

Eddie Redmayne as Maximus the Mad
    Maximus is such a complex villain. It only makes sense that they'd go for an actor who has proven himself able to handle a role so psychological. Eddie Redmayne is undeniable one of the best actors working today, and he'd be able to truly bring a Maximus to the screen who's sympathetic, but also evil (see his villainous role in Jupiter Ascending), and simultaneously as insane as his name suggests.

Garrett Hedlund as Trtiton
    Kirby originally conceived Triton as very handsome underneath all the scales, you can judge for yourself whether my pick meets that criteria; but he's got the slender build Triton requires, and he's an amazing actor who'd, as one of the most physically altered of the Royal Family, be able to emote well even through all the makeup.

Joe Manganiello as Gorgon
    The beard. And he's insanely talented. He has the ability to command every scene both vocally and physically, while also capable of delivering some of the brutish comedic relief Gorgon's kinda known for.

Michael Ealy as Karnak
    He's got the scruffy look, the right build, and is no stranger to playing the cynic. Plus he's shown (from his performance in this year's The Perfect Guy) that he can also easilly switch between cool, calm, and collected, and off-the-handle. With some training in getting the fighting moves down, I'm sure he'd excel in this role.

Jamie Chung as Auran
    She's beautiful, can play the whole "innocent but also a badass" angle, and she'd add a bit of diversity to the cast. A perfect match for Auran.
    redrunner97, great list! Some of these are simply perfect! I have pondered greatly about who would be perfect as Crystal, and Natalie Dormer is one that never came to mind, but I think it's a great choice! Joe Manganiello is fantastic choice for Gorgon. I also love that you included Auran! Great list all the way around though.

Black Bolt - Manu Bennett
    He is big and imposing, as Black Bolt should be, and I think he's has a range of facial expression well-suited to a speechless character.

Medusa - Elizabeth Mitchell
    I know the hair color isn't right, but I think she definitely has the right presence and authoritative look about her, and Medusa's hair is going to be computer generated, anyway.

Crystal - Natalie Dormer
    redrunner97, you hit the nail on the head. One part princess, one part badass makes Natalie Dormer perfect for the part.

Karnak - Jason Statham
    He's got the right frame, the right look, and most importantly the martial arts prowess to do justice to Karnak.

Gorgon - Joe Manganiello
    Can't think of a better choice than this pick that others have stated.

Triton - Eli Goree
    He has the right build and the mild-mannered demeanor that makes him a good fit for this role.

Auran - Michelle Rodriguez
    She may be 5'5", but she can still kick your butt.

Reader - Marc Bendavid
    He has "Reader" written all over him. I think he would portray the character in a way that is suited to his roguishness.

I don't think any of the NuHumans should be introduced in the first film. There are going to be enough characters with just the royal family, but it also can't be limited to just them, which is why I included Auran and Reader, since they're full-blooded Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    ^The only issue I have with that is that introducing Medusa as a mind-controlled villain doesn't do the charcater much justice, and also has some unfortunate implications as far as the "designated girl fight" trope goes if she fights Carol. I do like Black Bolt/Medusa appearing in a movie before The Inhumans though, in much the same manner Black Panther is. That's because I really want to see Black Bolt vs Thanos during Infinity War, and having them as an enigmatic force popping up in earlier movies services that. I could see post credit scenes being a good place to start telling that story. Unless MCU Attilan is near MCU Wakanda, and they can cameo in Black Panther.
    I feel like if they introduce any of the Inhuman Royal Family into the MCU early, Black Panther would be the place to do it. That movie is about Wakanda introducing itself to the world (at least, that's the last interview I read with Feige). Would make sense for the Inhumans to maybe show up there. That said, I think it should definitely be Crystal (my biased is showing) or maybe Medusa.

As for who, I can't really think of anyone to compete with idisestablish or Redrunner's lists. They seem pretty solid to me. If they introduce Attilan Inhumans other than the Royal family I am seconding that I would love to see Auran.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I feel like if they introduce any of the Inhuman Royal Family into the MCU early, Black Panther would be the place to do it. That movie is about Wakanda introducing itself to the world (at least, that's the last interview I read with Feige). Would make sense for the Inhumans to maybe show up there. That said, I think it should definitely be Crystal (my biased is showing) or maybe Medusa.

As for who, I can't really think of anyone to compete with idisestablish or Redrunner's lists. They seem pretty solid to me. If they introduce Attilan Inhumans other than the Royal family I am seconding that I would love to see Auran.
    Bias or no bias, Crystal is the only one of the core Inhumans to be an Avenger and is the logical choice to appear in a non-Inhumans property.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    CJStriker, great idea for a thread, my friend! I've enjoyed reading what everyone thinks so far!
    Thats for the Praise and liking of the Thread, Means allot Idisestablish my friend!

Thanks to all for the Great posts, discussions and ideas that have been posted, been enjoying allot of them!

Honestly this is one area that I am not good in choosing, who should play who in a Movie. Never been good at picking out Actors and Actresses best for a Role, especially a Superhero Role. So seeing such unique ideas is a Great thing to see to gain an idea of who be best to act in this Upcoming Unique Movie of The Inhumans!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Also, one thing this movie needs to get right is Black Bolt's destructive scream. The first time it was unleashed is one of my favorite moments in Comics. I will forgive almost any flaw the movie has in they get the scream right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Black Bolt will probably be renamed as simply, Bolt as they wouldn't want to confuse non comic reading moviegoers who might want to know why he's called Black Bolt when he's not black or maybe Marvel might just cast a black dude to play him to avoid any confusion?
    Not sure if you're serious?

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

I agree! Great thread CJ, I'm ashamed of not saying so sooner!

redrunner97, great list! Some of these are simply perfect! I have pondered greatly about who would be perfect as Crystal, and Natalie Dormer is one that never came to mind, but I think it's a great choice! Joe Manganiello is fantastic choice for Gorgon. I also love that you included Auran! Great list all the way around though.
    Thanks! I would be down with several of your choices as well, particularly these (two of which -Crystal and Gorgon- we precisely agree on).

Black Bolt - Manu Bennett
    He is big and imposing, as Black Bolt should be, and I think he's has a range of facial expression well-suited to a speechless character.

Crystal - Natalie Dormer
    redrunner97, you hit the nail on the head. One part princess, one part badass makes Natalie Dormer perfect for the part.

Gorgon - Joe Manganiello
    Can't think of a better choice than this pick that others have stated.

Auran - Michelle Rodriguez
    She may be 5'5", but she can still kick your butt.
    I don't think any of the NuHumans should be introduced in the first film. There are going to be enough characters with just the royal family, but it also can't be limited to just them, which is why I included Auran and Reader, since they're full-blooded Inhumans.
    I don't either. I definitely see Auran making the cut, even if her role is limited to just part of Medusa's entourage, and Reader is quickly becoming a fan-favorite and I think he'll also make it into the film. I could also see them changing his origin in the MCU to being an Attilan native, and maybe he'll be the "commonfolk" perspective to show Inhuman society from the perspective of a non-Royal who ends up fighting alongside them.

If we get a scene where all these different powered-Inhumans rise up and fight off Thanos' army with their King and Queen during Infinity War, I think I'll die from the chills alone! Lol. I still don't think it's hit me that THE FREAKIN' INHUMANS!!!! will soon very likely be kicking ass right beside Rocket Raccoon and Captain America!! The feels are strong with this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zolalnadia View Post
    Also, one thing this movie needs to get right is Black Bolt's destructive scream. The first time it was unleashed is one of my favorite moments in Comics. I will forgive almost any flaw the movie has in they get the scream right.
    I must admit that I'm not a fan of how Black Bolt's scream has been portrayed in nearly every animated series the Inhumans have shown up in. It always sounds like some kind of a bird screeching, in my mind it's not a screech and much more of a massive sonic boom. I really hope they handle it adequately.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Black Bolt will probably be renamed as simply, Bolt as they wouldn't want to confuse non comic reading moviegoers who might want to know why he's called Black Bolt when he's not black or maybe Marvel might just cast a black dude to play him to avoid any confusion?
    How stupid will the moviegoers be not to understand that Black is short for Blackagar?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I'm hoping it's like a Thor movie, with an earth storyline because then they could introduce Kamala Kahn, no idea who they could get to play her though. Maybe an unknown?

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    How stupid will the moviegoers be not to understand that Black is short for Blackagar?
    Well, you remember how confused people were when Black Widow turned out to be a white woman, right? ..........

As opposed to an African American woman whose husband has passed away...
    Last edited by idisestablish; 12-05-2015 at 07:55 AM.

I agree! Great thread CJ, I'm ashamed of not saying so sooner!

Thanks! I would be down with several of your choices as well, particularly these (two of which -Crystal and Gorgon- we precisely agree on).

I don't either. I definitely see Auran making the cut, even if her role is limited to just part of Medusa's entourage, and Reader is quickly becoming a fan-favorite and I think he'll also make it into the film. I could also see them changing his origin in the MCU to being an Attilan native, and maybe he'll be the "commonfolk" perspective to show Inhuman society from the perspective of a non-Royal who ends up fighting alongside them.

If we get a scene where all these different powered-Inhumans rise up and fight off Thanos' army with their King and Queen during Infinity War, I think I'll die from the chills alone! Lol. I still don't think it's hit me that THE FREAKIN' INHUMANS!!!! will soon very likely be kicking ass right beside Rocket Raccoon and Captain America!! The feels are strong with this one!

I must admit that I'm not a fan of how Black Bolt's scream has been portrayed in nearly every animated series the Inhumans have shown up in. It always sounds like some kind of a bird screeching, in my mind it's not a screech and much more of a massive sonic boom. I really hope they handle it adequately.
    As for Auran and Reader, yes I agree they are my personal favorite non-royal, non-NuHuman of the Inhumans now and it seems like they may be the two most popular in the respect all the way around. So I'm REALLY hoping both of them are included!

As for Black Bolt's scream, in my mind a sound that "loud" and powerful couldn't even be processed by humans as a sound. I agree with you, it should be like a pop and utter silence, eradicating all other sound. Trying to give it sound, no matter how intense, will diminish the scale of how extreme it actually is. I imagine in my mind a sonic boom, like you mentioned drowning out all sound followed by an extreme zoom-out showing the devastation and maybe show people like 100 miles away hearing a really loud noise. Or something like that.

Ooh Reader! Yes. I really hope he makes the cut. Easily my favorite Inhuman. If I could have anyone, I think I'd love to see John Boyega in the role.

Also just thought of this: Christoph Waltz as Maximus. Eh? Eh? Could be phenomenal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zolalnadia View Post
    I would go for silence, actually. Drop all music and ambient noise, except for a low Rumble at the bottom of the sound field, building into an echo of the actual word he happens to be saying. Then break out the explosives. No C4 or Gasoline, real demolition cord. Everything should implode in front of him.

The first time it happens have him stand like a full 100+ yards away from his target, or use slow motion. Basically if you've seen the pilot episode if the Flash when he gets struck by lightning, and all the liquids in the glass stand up? Sort of like that.