View Poll Results: Who is your favorite LGBT character at DC Comics?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batwoman

54 21.69%
  • Catman

6 2.41%
  • Harley Quinn

9 3.61%
  • Catwoman

11 4.42%
  • Pied Piper

14 5.62%
  • Poison Ivy

14 5.62%
  • Midnighter

65 26.10%
  • Constantine

21 8.43%
  • Scandal Savage

1 0.40%
  • Shrinking Violet

1 0.40%
  • Renee Montoya

17 6.83%
  • Bunker

10 4.02%
  • Obsidian

11 4.42%
  • Alan Scott

6 2.41%
  • Other (not listed)

9 3.61%
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
    BANNED

DC's had a number of transgender characters pop up...but naturally most of them have some combination of either having single digit a appearance count, not being created by DC proper (Milestone and Vertigo characters), aren't in the present of the DCU meaning they have fewer chances to be used, are supporting characters that weren't heroes, villains or anything in-between or were quickly killed off.

The lack of representation is most definitely a problem. The only characters that don't fall into any of the above categories are Porcelain and Doctor October. I really like both of those characters, but we still need a LOT more and it's doubtful either of the two characters we do have will ever be used by writers other than their creators.

As far as introducing more goes, screw the bigoted fans out there. They don't deserve s**t in life in general. If a writer has an idea for a trans character, they should just use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    DC's had a number of transgender characters pop up...but naturally most of them have some combination of either having single digit a appearance count, not being created by DC proper (Milestone and Vertigo characters), aren't in the present of the DCU meaning they have fewer chances to be used, are supporting characters that weren't heroes, villains or anything in-between or were quickly killed off.

The lack of representation is most definitely a problem. The only characters that don't fall into any of the above categories are Porcelain and Doctor October. I really like both of those characters, but we still need a LOT more and it's doubtful either of the two characters we do have will ever be used by writers other than their creators.

As far as introducing more goes, screw the bigoted fans out there. They don't deserve s**t in life in general. If a writer has an idea for a trans character, they should just use them.
    I good one would be to have a trans character join the Wonder Woman family. Or any hero family, really. That can also be good for longevity.

Yup, it's happening. Kate Kane is appearing in live action!

Batwoman to debut in CW's next superhero crossover

Incredible Member

It would be interesting if bunker came back. I imagined him paired up with Richie from Static Shock (I think he was supposed to be gay but apparently that wasn't allowed.)