View Poll Results: Who is your favorite LGBT character at DC Comics?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batwoman

54 21.69%
  • Catman

6 2.41%
  • Harley Quinn

9 3.61%
  • Catwoman

11 4.42%
  • Pied Piper

14 5.62%
  • Poison Ivy

14 5.62%
  • Midnighter

65 26.10%
  • Constantine

21 8.43%
  • Scandal Savage

1 0.40%
  • Shrinking Violet

1 0.40%
  • Renee Montoya

17 6.83%
  • Bunker

10 4.02%
  • Obsidian

11 4.42%
  • Alan Scott

6 2.41%
  • Other (not listed)

9 3.61%
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Midnighter and Apollo ended, right? Are they showing up in anything soon?
    The (new) WildStorm Universe versions will be showing up in the stuff Warren Ellis is curating/partially-writing.

I kind of hope they either get a solid reinvention or they're back to "classic" form, personally. But, either way, it won't get in the way of the Rebirth versions.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    The (new) WildStorm Universe versions will be showing up in the stuff Warren Ellis is curating/partially-writing.
    I didn't know about this. That's awesome!

I kind of hope they either get a solid reinvention or they're back to "classic" form, personally. But, either way, it won't get in the way of the Rebirth versions.
    Yeah, I really like the 52/Rebirth versions, but they're very.....young, I guess? Midnighter isn't grouchy and anti-social. Apollo is naive and altruistic. They're also drawn like twinks.

They're also drawn like twinks.
    lol
    I'm sorry, what?
    If you think that's what a twink looks like, I'm afraid you don't actually know what a twink is.
    #EmmaWasRight

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    lol
    I'm sorry, what?
    If you think that's what a twink looks like, I'm afraid you don't actually know what a twink is.
    They look like juiced up teens in some panels.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 04-10-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Some of the artists have done them very young, the last few years.

Hitch drew Apollo as good-looking and healthy and all, but he looked a man with some years under his belt. Excellent hair. And, adorable cheeks.

I just... like that face, I guess. It was a face face, as they say.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Incredible Member

Maybe twunks at times...
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Bryan Hitch showed his pencil work for the Absolute Authority edition featuring Midnighter and Apollo. There's also going to be a new Ellis story in the edition.

Love Midnighter there.

I didn't know about this. That's awesome!
    Yeah, I really like the 52/Rebirth versions, but they're very.....young, I guess? Midnighter isn't grouchy and anti-social. Apollo is naive and altruistic. They're also drawn like twinks.
    Interested parties -

It appears that Jenny makes her first appearance(seemingly fully grown) in The Wild Storm #3.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 04-12-2017 at 02:05 AM.

Looking back at Grayson, especially the early issues, did it bug anyone else as much that a) Dick's punishment for shirtless flirting with the St Hadrian's students was to be disguised as made their "gay" gymnastics instructor? (that is, his punishment is to appear sexually safe while giving him hands on access to trainees he's been blatantly leeching over) and b) he not only outlasts Midnighter because he's just that kind of sturdy hard man, he slaps him around hard enough to draw blood because Midnighter says some things he doesn't like to hear, that aren't even insults or anything, just a different opinion.

Yeah, shirtless Nightwing. Sure, woohoo Tom King, w'ev. How is that not messed up and incredibly dodgy, particularly in reference to homosexuality as repped in the book?

BANNED

Looking back at Grayson, especially the early issues, did it bug anyone else as much that a) Dick's punishment for shirtless flirting with the St Hadrian's students was to be disguised as made their "gay" gymnastics instructor? (that is, his punishment is to appear sexually safe while giving him hands on access to trainees he's been blatantly leeching over) and b) he not only outlasts Midnighter because he's just that kind of sturdy hard man, he slaps him around hard enough to draw blood because Midnighter says some things he doesn't like to hear, that aren't even insults or anything, just a different opinion.

Yeah, shirtless Nightwing. Sure, woohoo Tom King, w'ev. How is that not messed up and incredibly dodgy, particularly in reference to homosexuality as repped in the book?
    You're overthinking it. The gay instructor bit was a joke and not worthy of any kind of deep analysis. He punched Midnighter cause he was being a cynical jerk at a bad time. Midnighter was portrayed perfectly fine and there were no jokes made at gay people's expense. There was nothing homophobic about Grayson.

Are there any lgbtiq Atlantans? I suppose Jackson counts

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Are there any lgbtiq Atlantans? I suppose Jackson counts
    I personally know a couple of LGBTQI Atlantans. But I assume you meant Atlanteans.

If we want to count all Aquaman supporting characters, then Ya'Wara.

I finally got down to watching the Legion of Superheroes tv show in its entirety. Didn't know J M DeMatteais was responsible for so much of the writing duties, and it shows in quality.

Anyway, specific to this thread, there was a cute moment between Shrinking Violet and Ayla (depicted as a child in show). I wonder if this inspired them becoming an item in the comics just a couple of years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I personally know a couple of LGBTQI Atlantans. But I assume you meant Atlanteans.

If we want to count all Aquaman supporting characters, then Ya'Wara.
    Yeah sorry about that, autocorrect fail.

Cool thanks