View Poll Results: Who is your favorite LGBT character at DC Comics?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batwoman

54 21.69%
  • Catman

6 2.41%
  • Harley Quinn

9 3.61%
  • Catwoman

11 4.42%
  • Pied Piper

14 5.62%
  • Poison Ivy

14 5.62%
  • Midnighter

65 26.10%
  • Constantine

21 8.43%
  • Scandal Savage

1 0.40%
  • Shrinking Violet

1 0.40%
  • Renee Montoya

17 6.83%
  • Bunker

10 4.02%
  • Obsidian

11 4.42%
  • Alan Scott

6 2.41%
  • Other (not listed)

9 3.61%
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Black Canary is straight too.
    She's actually bi, according to Gail Simone. She had written a line for her in one issue that went something like "I'm 75% heterosexual", but due to some mixup it wasn't printed and a different line was.

Now yes, that's not officially on panel or anything, but her being bi was the intent.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

Black Canary is straight too. And Mera will become high profile after the Justice League and Aquaman movies.
    Who are also both sofar not really successful in supporting solos.
    And the one Canary (Sarah), who us still featured in Live Action TV is bi.

And anyways, the biggest LGBT DC women are all bi and as I said before, it will be a looong time before any of them are depicted in same-sex relationships in other media.
    You could change that to the "biggest DC women", and for the thing with the other media. These Characters have been portrait straight for decades, and thats while they make a very poor representation for LGBTs. Original charcters (or more obscure ones that are not know by the general audience) would work better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Making Catwoman bi was imo anyway a strange decision and I can't remember that Ivy ever had a normal relation ship (= one where she didn't influence the man with pheromones) with a man.

But how many of them are big characters as Harley, Selina and Diana (and if I understand it correct they more or less said that all Amazons are queer and not only Diana)? The most high profile straight woman are now Batgirl and Supergirl.
    It seemed very obvious to me that something was going on with Selina and her live in gal pals like Holly and Arizona, even though it was never shown on the printed pages.
    So making Selina bi was just acknowledging what I suspected all along.

Read a few issues of the Movement and I have to say, I wouldn't mind seeing Virtue or Rainmaker return, either as a couple or not.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    It seemed very obvious to me that something was going on with Selina and her live in gal pals like Holly and Arizona, even though it was never shown on the printed pages.
    When Holly lived first with Selina she was iirc 12 or 13, and when she returned she had a girl friend, so I doubt that there was something going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Read a few issues of the Movement and I have to say, I wouldn't mind seeing Virtue or Rainmaker return, either as a couple or not.
    Rainmaker is likely going back to the Wildstorm imprint.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

I had high hopes for Pied Piper's relationship with Barry Allen's boss, David Singh. But that was never addressed, and at this point, it just limits Piper. I would love to see more of Piper, but I think it's time to break up him and Singh.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I don't think that ever hit me, and I slash everything.

Those were both very specifically children. Selina, if anything acted very big sister/motherly towards them. There was no sexualized body language, no sexualized touching, no thoughts about body parts or physical contact of a sexual nature...

There's more homoerotic content in Predator than there was with Catwoman and those two thirteen year old girls.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

This thread blew up on Twitter yesterday, and is worth a read.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/...medium=twitter
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

That's fantastic.

One of our students just came out after the development on Supergirl was met with approval and enthusiasm by her dorm-mates. (Most of the LGBT representation you see, here, is male, so sometimes it flat takes a foreign superhero program for a girl to see she's got a shot at a life.)

Of course there are idiots questioning the power or resonance of seeing yourself once in awhile on tv or in comics, and being glib or down on it, but I wish just once that there weren't.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Astonishing Member

Y'know I don't think she's been around for years but I've been fond of Icemaiden aka Sigrid Nansen. Wish she was around somewhere. She was a pretty early LGBT character for DC. (With her being bisexual specifically)

That just made my week, thank you for sharing

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I am so far behind with my DC reading but am reading Midnighter at the moment. Has the whole Prometheus thing been followed up anywhere?

Is he a gay/bi villain now, or are they playing it as just part of a plan? I really like the idea of having more LGBT villains.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Extraordinary Member

Does any body know how was actually the LGBT character in DC comics?

The earliest I can think of are Cannon and Saber (two assassins from the fist Vigilante series).
    Last edited by Aahz; 12-06-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Thanks for sharing!
    I would not have showed Midnighter to a teenager, due to violence, but the rest is a lesson on human values. Very fitting to start the year with a bit more hope
    Favorite books right now: Wonder Woman, Groo, Usagi Yojimbo, Super Sons