View Poll Results: Who is your favorite LGBT character at DC Comics?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batwoman

54 21.69%
  • Catman

6 2.41%
  • Harley Quinn

9 3.61%
  • Catwoman

11 4.42%
  • Pied Piper

14 5.62%
  • Poison Ivy

14 5.62%
  • Midnighter

65 26.10%
  • Constantine

21 8.43%
  • Scandal Savage

1 0.40%
  • Shrinking Violet

1 0.40%
  • Renee Montoya

17 6.83%
  • Bunker

10 4.02%
  • Obsidian

11 4.42%
  • Alan Scott

6 2.41%
  • Other (not listed)

9 3.61%
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I voted for Constantine; to spread the love (Midnighter is amazing too).
    I'd actually love to see what a crossover between the two books would look like right now. Could be awesome. And they're both so far out of each other's specialties,it would be a fascinating contrast. The man who sees everything coming meeting the man who ruins everything in unforseen ways.

BANNED

I voted midnighter

Catman is gay ? i didn't know that... and i even read 15 issues or so of the secret six... xD

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    I voted midnighter

Catman is gay ? i didn't know that... and i even read 15 issues or so of the secret six... xD
    Gail had intended to out him as bi in the pre-Flashpoint universe but never got around to it. In the New 52 Secret Six book he's openly bi.

We'd been talking about making a thread for LGBT DC characters so long in the LGBTQIA thread it's so awesome that it actually exists now

I voted for Catwoman, because I've always loved her. But much love to everyone listed (and not listed) in the poll too ^_^

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

They're not listed, so I will say Grace Choi, Josiah Power, and Lord Fanny from the Invisibles. Also liked Midnighter & Apollo before the New 52; same with John Constantine. Oh, and Maggie Sawyer and Renee Montoya.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    Gail had intended to out him as bi in the pre-Flashpoint universe but never got around to it. In the New 52 Secret Six book he's openly bi.
    I don't mean to sound too negative but how open is Catman about his sexuality? When I looked up Catman getting "outed" in Secret Six all I saw is that scene at a bar where a man has his hand on Catman's shoulder while Catman is speaking with a woman, didn't look like much of an "outing" to me. Have they shown his bisexuality more explicitly since then?

Midnighter is my favorite right now (because of the awesome ongoing), but I like many of them Batwoman is my favorite female, but I also love Catwoman, Catman, Ivy, Renee... Bunker also has potential, he just need to be featured in better runs.

A ton of great characters here. As for my favorite, I went with Midnighter. I love his current book and have been a fan since The Authority premiered. He's one of my favorite characters all together.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Dropped in to vote for Catman.

While new S6 isnt as good as the previous version, he's still a great character Gail has really made something of.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Rebis was one of my favorite DC characters in general, but would s/he not qualify because his/her being a hermaphrodite was something that was facilitated by the Negative entity?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Rebis was one of my favorite DC characters in general, but would s/he not qualify because his/her being a hermaphrodite was something that was facilitated by the Negative entity?
    Giffen took this back up in his DP run, building on Morrison and then Pollack's use of the title/team to talk about bodies and body-identity. Just as Cliff isn't a mean, except in that he thinks as a man, there hasn't been a Larry or any of the others for some time. There's a living ghost of light and weirdness who can animate bodies.

We, real world, can't know how performative or not gender is, or how concrete sex is. So, I figure in comics, in entertainment, the field should be wide open, too. It's all in how you open it, for me, rather than "does it really count." I mean, all those stories about robots rebelling against programming to have emotions and give a damn count, right? (Can we even right other kinds of robot stories? We don't ever seem to.) If an android can cry, then Rebis has got to live as hermaphroditic, either in the public sphere, or privately, at home and alone with their self.

(Tangent to this, Giffen gets grief from some circles, for his use of homosexuality, gender, and paraphilia in his works, but I think he's generally very good in his points and, honestly, solid in his executions. He knows when he's being gauche. He knows how to float between satire and the tragic possibility that the same scene, the same stuff could also be "reality.")
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

I hear that Constantine's series is pretty LGBT friendly, actually showing his bisexual side. Does anyone know which issues show this?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    I hear that Constantine's series is pretty LGBT friendly, actually showing his bisexual side. Does anyone know which issues show this?
    Off the top of my head, the first issue of the new run has him flirting with a man

BANNED

It's a still little weird that Constantine is gay, I can't really explain it without offending. Been meaning to check out Constantine: The Hellblazer because the art looks beautiful.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Off the top of my head, the first issue of the new run has him flirting with a man
    He's more than just flirting with him, as of the most recent issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    It's a still little weird that Constantine is gay, I can't really explain it without offending. Been meaning to check out Constantine: The Hellblazer because the art looks beautiful.
    If you can find a way, I'd be interested to read your thoughts.

John's one of those guys that, even if his writers and artists hadn't pinged him as bi ages ago, I'd have sort of fan-sorted him there, anyway. But, he does have fans who are still pretty adamant that he's not, or if he is, it's by-action-only, and part of a scheme.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)