View Poll Results: Who is your favorite LGBT character at DC Comics?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batwoman

54 21.69%
  • Catman

6 2.41%
  • Harley Quinn

9 3.61%
  • Catwoman

11 4.42%
  • Pied Piper

14 5.62%
  • Poison Ivy

14 5.62%
  • Midnighter

65 26.10%
  • Constantine

21 8.43%
  • Scandal Savage

1 0.40%
  • Shrinking Violet

1 0.40%
  • Renee Montoya

17 6.83%
  • Bunker

10 4.02%
  • Obsidian

11 4.42%
  • Alan Scott

6 2.41%
  • Other (not listed)

9 3.61%
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Is Renee Montoya even alive right now?
    Here is the info.

Renee Montoya
    The New 52
    In the early The New 52 (a reboot of the DC Comics universe) she has appeared in an image viewed by Batwoman on the GCPD's wall of honor. At the 2014 Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo, James Tynion IV, a writer on Batman Eternal, revealed that the creative team almost included Renee Montoya, but they decided against it, saying, "We cut her out because we didn't want her to just be in the background of the GCPD. We want to bring her back for her own big story."
    Renee Montoya made her official debut in the new universe in Detective Comics #41, as Harvey Bullock's new partner.
    Renee Maria Montoya (DC)(Post Flashpoint)
    http://www.comicbookdb.com/character.php?ID=61004

Renee Montoya (Prime Earth)/Appearances
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Re...29/Appearances

Renee Montoya (Prime Earth)
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Renee_Monto...Prime_Earth%29

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Renee_Montoya

http://www.comicbookdb.com/search.ph...type=Character

Ah, thank you! I thought it was a plot point early in Batwoman that she was dead. Actually, it still might be; the wiki lists an appearance in the first issue of that series. 'Course, she only showed up in Detective shortly after Batwoman was canceled, which might indicate that they did that on purpose? No idea.

Anyway. Thanks!

So it's a very odd experience to read Hellblazer, think "No no no, you goddamned idiot...!" at certain story developments, and not have those thoughts directed at ol' ConJob for once. I mean, Oliver, really. You're a sweetheart, but fucking prioritize, will you? Otherwise, John's going to get those new ghosts he was musing about.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 03-17-2016 at 12:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Ah, thank you! I thought it was a plot point early in Batwoman that she was dead. Actually, it still might be; the wiki lists an appearance in the first issue of that series. 'Course, she only showed up in Detective shortly after Batwoman was canceled, which might indicate that they did that on purpose? No idea.
    Not so much an appearance, I think, as her photo was on the wall at the police station.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Not so much an appearance, I think, as her photo was on the wall at the police station.
    Huh. Well, that probably shouldn't be on the list of appearances then. I did read that issue, but it was a loong time ago.

I really ship Montoya and Kate, and I'm really adamant that Sawyer should always be a Superman character, so to me it was just a travesty that one of my favorite characters was killed off and the other was moved in, in my mind, as though they were interchangeable. You know, for both being lesbian cops. And I think the writers were writing under the impression that Montoya was dead- but you know, if DC has backed off on that apparently only implied death (TIL), I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, oh no. Now if only I could get Maggie back in Metropolis...

How would a Batwoman and Midnighter team up play out?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Probably without much sexual tension.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Incredible Member

Just been wanting to point out the last few days that I'm pretty sure it was James Tynion who said on some panel last year (or maybe the year before) that on the slim chance that editorial would've let him, he would've really liked to explore pre-Flashpoint Tim Drake as an asexual biromantic in love with his best friend Kon-El (don't remember whether it was supposed to be one-sided or not).

Now, while I don't personally agree with the asexual reading, I can certainly see where it's coming from.

Why am I bringing this up again? Because even if there's only about a 0.0001% chance of it happening, since Detective Comics will be focusing on Gotham's teenage heroic populace, I do have to say that an amiable long-term Steph/Tim/Cullen love triangle would be hella cute, and the chance for that happening is almost certainly higher under his pen than anyone else's currently at DC.

Either way, Kate Kane's starring in a book again, yay!
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Probably without much sexual tension.
    Well, it's Midnighter. So just having a woman in the same panel with him will inspire fears that he's being turned straight in some readers. (And, hopes in other.)
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The snarking between them would never, ever stop.

Bunker is pretty cool, too bad he is in comic limbo now. :/

I figure the shift in Hellblazer talent means we're losing the boyfriend in the next two issues.

Which, sucks, because I like him, and usually we get more than just the year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    Just been wanting to point out the last few days that I'm pretty sure it was James Tynion who said on some panel last year (or maybe the year before) that on the slim chance that editorial would've let him, he would've really liked to explore pre-Flashpoint Tim Drake as an asexual biromantic in love with his best friend Kon-El (don't remember whether it was supposed to be one-sided or not).

Now, while I don't personally agree with the asexual reading, I can certainly see where it's coming from.

Why am I bringing this up again? Because even if there's only about a 0.0001% chance of it happening, since Detective Comics will be focusing on Gotham's teenage heroic populace, I do have to say that an amiable long-term Steph/Tim/Cullen love triangle would be hella cute, and the chance for that happening is almost certainly higher under his pen than anyone else's currently at DC.

Either way, Kate Kane's starring in a book again, yay!
    I wouldn't want Tim to be asexual, mostly because asexual people are often seen as unmanly (sadly) and since the character of Robin already has a history of being seen as unmanly, it might not go over well.

Bisexual Tim Drake on the other hand, that I'm 100% okay with! Tim/Kon pairing in the comics? Go for it! DC is short on LGBT youth representation, especially compared to Marvel, and those 2 are pretty much destined to have a canon relationship anyway.

Some people might think it's weird having a gay or bisexual Kon El since both his "parents" are straight, but they could explain it pretty easily I think.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I wouldn't want Tim to be asexual, mostly because asexual people are often seen as unmanly (sadly) and since the character of Robin already has a history of being seen as unmanly, it might not go over well.
    I wouldn't want him to be, either. But that's mostly because other representation is far more pressing. (Plus, I just don't see him that way.)

Bisexual Tim Drake on the other hand, that I'm 100% okay with! Tim/Kon pairing in the comics? Go for it! DC is short on LGBT youth representation, especially compared to Marvel, and those 2 are pretty much destined to have a canon relationship anyway.
    I agree so, so much, it practically hurts.

Some people might think it's weird having a gay or bisexual Kon El since both his "parents" are straight, but they could explain it pretty easily I think.
    Well, since he isn't a 1:1 clone but scientifically speaking has two (or currently three somehow) male biological parents, one would just have to point at straight parents of queer children in the real world.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

There's nothing to explain. He has two different genetic parents, just like everybody in The So-Called Real World™. It's just that in his case they both happen to be male. The vast majority of gay people have two straight parents, and there's no reason this would be any different just because there was lab work involved in his conception.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/