View Poll Results: Who is your favorite LGBT character at DC Comics?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batwoman

54 21.69%
  • Catman

6 2.41%
  • Harley Quinn

9 3.61%
  • Catwoman

11 4.42%
  • Pied Piper

14 5.62%
  • Poison Ivy

14 5.62%
  • Midnighter

65 26.10%
  • Constantine

21 8.43%
  • Scandal Savage

1 0.40%
  • Shrinking Violet

1 0.40%
  • Renee Montoya

17 6.83%
  • Bunker

10 4.02%
  • Obsidian

11 4.42%
  • Alan Scott

6 2.41%
  • Other (not listed)

9 3.61%
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Speaking of TimKon, the one good thing about the clearly editorially mandated abortion of Superboy's rehabilitation they hastily had Lobdell write not long ago was Tim's reaction to Kon leaving for the proverbial cornfields (for one of the most offensively ridiculous in-story reasons I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing, to boot). That him tearing up in anger and despair felt rather out of the blue given their limited interaction as friends in post-FP continuity made it even more (repressed) slashy.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    Speaking of TimKon, the one good thing about the clearly editorially mandated abortion of Superboy's rehabilitation they hastily had Lobdell write not long ago was Tim's reaction to Kon leaving for the proverbial cornfields (for one of the most offensively ridiculous in-story reasons I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing, to boot). That him tearing up in anger and despair felt rather out of the blue given their limited interaction as friends in post-FP continuity made it even more (repressed) slashy.
    I would've liked to see more reaction from Bunker. He had been Superboy's best friend for most of his New52 lifespan.

Incredible Member

True, that.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Incredible Member

A~nd Bunker brings us back to the abysmal number of (superhero) queer youth at DC (proper, so no Wildstorm or Milestone, although they wouldn't raise the number much, anyway) I've been heavily complaining (and often thoroughly pissed) about at the very least since the end of Young Avengers Vol.1 (which makes me feel old; thanks for that, DC).

A very small number of (non-superhero) supporting characters aside, there's been what? Hero Cruz, who's been in limbo since long before Flashpoint, and Miguel Barragan himself; that's about it. (I just realised both are Latino... Huh.) I'm fairly sure that Holly Robinson's stint as Catwoman and Todd Rice's coming-out happened well into their respective twenties, but even if we count them, the numbers are still terrible; I seriously can't think of anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    A~nd Bunker brings us back to the abysmal number of (superhero) queer youth at DC (proper, so no Wildstorm or Milestone, although they wouldn't raise the number much, anyway) I've been heavily complaining (and often thoroughly pissed) about at the very least since the end of Young Avengers Vol.1 (which makes me feel old; thanks for that, DC).

A very small number of (non-superhero) supporting characters aside, there's been what? Hero Cruz, who's been in limbo since long before Flashpoint, and Miguel Barragan himself; that's about it. (I just realised both are Latino... Huh.) I'm fairly sure that Holly Robinson's stint as Catwoman and Todd Rice's coming-out happened well into their respective twenties, but even if we count them, the numbers are still terrible; I seriously can't think of anybody else.
    I loved Young Avengers, Ted & Billy were obviously my favorite part. It's too bad DC don't have anything similar.

Kate Kane gets my vote. I never thought I would ever relate to a character so much like I do with her. She is easily one of the best and most real LGBT comic book characters imo.

I also miss Renee and Maggie. Hope they show up again in Kate's world sometime soon. Still need to check out Midnighter.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Great interview with Orlando...

http://www.newsarama.com/28696-midni...e-deserve.html

"I feel amazing about it! When the book began, people weren’t sure where Midnighter fits into the DCU. Now his place is indelible, unique, and unquestionable. People weren’t sure how much there was to him as a character, what separated him from Batman. Now anyone who has read the book would never confuse the two.
    And most of all, people were given a queer icon that they deserved, and they connected with him. All the Best of 2015 lists, a GLAAD Media Award nomination, and the personal messages people send me most of all, are the real accomplishment. This is a book I needed when I was younger, and for people to have it now, in the next generation, is my greatest accomplishment of all.
    That, and having an action scene where someone is killed with a T-Bone steak."
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Bunker is pretty cool, too bad he is in comic limbo now. :/
    He is?! Shoot, I thought he was still hanging out in Teen Titans! Heck, I was mad he wasn't in Justice League vs. Teen Titans!

Yeah, DC definitely needs more queer characters in general and queer kids in particular.

Come on, DC!

The one I like the most in DC is Bunker. I like his personality, his powers, his friendship with Gar.

I just wish his romantic relationship side was shown more.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Kate Kane gets my vote. I never thought I would ever relate to a character so much like I do with her. She is easily one of the best and most real LGBT comic book characters imo.

I also miss Renee and Maggie. Hope they show up again in Kate's world sometime soon. Still need to check out Midnighter.
    Talking about Maggie. Did anyone else find it weird that she was seemingly aged up in Snyder's Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Great interview with Orlando...

http://www.newsarama.com/28696-midni...e-deserve.html

"I feel amazing about it! When the book began, people weren’t sure where Midnighter fits into the DCU. Now his place is indelible, unique, and unquestionable. People weren’t sure how much there was to him as a character, what separated him from Batman. Now anyone who has read the book would never confuse the two.
    And most of all, people were given a queer icon that they deserved, and they connected with him. All the Best of 2015 lists, a GLAAD Media Award nomination, and the personal messages people send me most of all, are the real accomplishment. This is a book I needed when I was younger, and for people to have it now, in the next generation, is my greatest accomplishment of all.
    That, and having an action scene where someone is killed with a T-Bone steak."
    And yet he hasn't been confirmed as appearing anywhere after Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    He is?! Shoot, I thought he was still hanging out in Teen Titans! Heck, I was mad he wasn't in Justice League vs. Teen Titans!

Yeah, DC definitely needs more queer characters in general and queer kids in particular.

Come on, DC!
    Not only do they need more LGBT characters, they need to support them more.
    Give them more promotion.
    And not turn them into sexless entities like they did with Alan Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Not as part of a permanent cast yet, but the fact that he'll be showing up in Nightwing's new book makes me think that he'll be staying in Grayson's orbit.

Hopefully with Apollo, but we'll see how that falls out.

Doesn't his Nightwing appearance happen after Rebirth?

Not only do they need more LGBT characters, they need to support them more.
    Give them more promotion.
    And not turn them into sexless entities like they did with Alan Scott.
    They need to put their LGBT characters in other medias. Like they've done in their TV shows. Their movies and animations need it. It was nice of them to add Batwoman in Justice League vs Titans. What about the gay Alan Scott appearing in the Green Lantern Corps movie that'll happen? What about a third season of Young Justice where Bunker appears? What about making that Titans TV show that never comes out of the realm of rumor and put Midnighter in it?

Midnighter #11 is highly recommended. I was actually excited to see Apollo too!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Midnighter #11 is highly recommended. I was actually excited to see Apollo too!
    I'm always excited to see those two together. They had so much potential that just got pissed away by one uninspired, conformist take after another. I'm hoping for better this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm always excited to see those two together. They had so much potential that just got pissed away by one uninspired, conformist take after another. I'm hoping for better this time.
    I really like Midnighter being single. I would love to see Apollo on his own for that matter. It's what makes reuniting them exciting and solidifies their own personalities. It's a spectacular penultimate issue. I was actually late to work today because I read it on my ipad right when I got up. hehe.