View Poll Results: Who is your favorite LGBT character at DC Comics?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batwoman

54 21.69%
  • Catman

6 2.41%
  • Harley Quinn

9 3.61%
  • Catwoman

11 4.42%
  • Pied Piper

14 5.62%
  • Poison Ivy

14 5.62%
  • Midnighter

65 26.10%
  • Constantine

21 8.43%
  • Scandal Savage

1 0.40%
  • Shrinking Violet

1 0.40%
  • Renee Montoya

17 6.83%
  • Bunker

10 4.02%
  • Obsidian

11 4.42%
  • Alan Scott

6 2.41%
  • Other (not listed)

9 3.61%
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I really like Midnighter being single. I would love to see Apollo on his own for that matter. It's what makes reuniting them exciting and solidifies their own personalities. It's a spectacular penultimate issue. I was actually late to work today because I read it on my ipad right when I got up. hehe.
    It'll be a while before I read it. Orlando's pitch didn't blow me away, so I'm trade-waiting and keeping an eye on the reviews/spoilers.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm always excited to see those two together. They had so much potential that just got pissed away by one uninspired, conformist take after another. I'm hoping for better this time.
    Nobody quite got screwed by having their backstory taken away in the reboot like the Authority characters.

I suppose I am slightly more interested in single or just-dating Midnighter than I am young-fresh-couple Apollo and Midnighter. Slightly.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    It'll be a while before I read it. Orlando's pitch didn't blow me away, so I'm trade-waiting and keeping an eye on the reviews/spoilers.
    Well its your fault the series was cancelled then!

JK

But seriously it solidified Midnighter as my favorite character. I just hope he doesn't completely go into limbo.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Well its your fault the series was cancelled then!

JK
    Yeah, heard that one already, but without the smiley. Whatever. Midnighter's not the only LGBT character on my radar and my entertainment budget is not infinite. If someone else is offering me something that sounds more to my preference, they get my $$$$.

Glad you've enjoyed it, though.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

FWIW, I voted for Batwoman.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

I can't lie, if they're just going to puppy dog Apollo, they should have just left him out. Just more sitting around in the house until Midnighter calls him. (This started a long time ago, btw, and I have been pissed about it for a long time.)

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

The bisexuality in Wonder Woman Earth One is, for me, one of the best bits. I like Wonder Woman with a girlfriend, but also, a girlfriend she'll one up if she needs too, just as she would and should when with a guy. And, Candy's enthusiasm about bisexual bondage-play fantasy island living is cute.

But, I also feel a little bad that you have a transvestite writing a crossdressing-for-play Wonder Woman and Rucka, who's talked about being comfortable in his body, but IDing female, writing the ongoing, and that's not going to get fan or critical discussion much, the same way "we" kind of go out of our way to downplay Mrs Marston and Olive Byrne's contributions to early Wonder Woman comics. Downplaying the queerness of the authors may have commercial value, but it also does, I think, unnecessary damage, and it unnecessarily shuts doors that might have cool stuff behind them.

A highly educated, bisexual woman introduced "Suffering Sappho" in the 40s and we never talk about it.
    Last edited by t hedge coke; 04-17-2016 at 02:54 PM.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Incredible Member

So I've just read the Bombshells stories starring the Batgirls (and Batboys; namely a bunch of - mostly rather obscure - young female supporting characters on various Gotham stories over the years as well as Tim Drake and Cullen Row who have the best and worst costume in the whole group, respectively).

I realise this is reading way too much into the panels, as Tim and Cullen being the only boys in the group plus their shared origin is more than enough reason for them to hang around each other, and we haven't really had on-panel dialogue between the two so far, but whenever they're in the same place, they're right next to each other (my favorite scene in this regard being two panels of them looking at paintings together in the background), and they'd make a cute couple in any continuity, so let me dream, dammit!

Anyway, Alysia's handled well, I think, and of course there's the whole Kate and Maggie relationship.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    So I've just read the Bombshells stories starring the Batgirls (and Batboys; namely a bunch of - mostly rather obscure - young female supporting characters on various Gotham stories over the years as well as Tim Drake and Cullen Row who have the best and worst costume in the whole group, respectively).

I realise this is reading way too much into the panels, as Tim and Cullen being the only boys in the group plus their shared origin is more than enough reason for them to hang around each other, and we haven't really had on-panel dialogue between the two so far, but whenever they're in the same place, they're right next to each other (my favorite scene in this regard being two panels of them looking at paintings together in the background), and they'd make a cute couple in any continuity, so let me dream, dammit!

Anyway, Alysia's handled well, I think, and of course there's the whole Kate and Maggie relationship.
    Yeah, I thought a Tim/Cullen pairing in Bombshells would be a cute thing. I'd love to see them make that a real thing.

BTW I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I'm a pretty big supporter of the non-canon pairing of Arkillo and Saint Walker and I was wondering if anyone else likes them together as well.
    My love for this pairing stems from Green Lantern: New Guardians where it seemed to me there was a bit of hinting to Arkillo anyway having feelings for Saint Walker. With him being very protective of SW.
    And I loved that Cullen Bunn had them going off together to guard over Earth an issue or two ago in Sinestro. I'm really glad he acknowledged that relationship (whether it be romantic or platonic) from back in GL:NG.

Incredible Member

So, DC Rebirth spoilers:
    spoilers:
    Jackson Hyde now has a boyfriend (and a bigotted mother). I'm cool with that. Just wish he had kept his pre-FP haircut instead of apparently going for a look somewhere between his New Earth and Young Justice versions.
    end of spoilers
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    So, DC Rebirth spoilers:
    spoilers:
    Jackson Hyde now has a boyfriend (and a bigotted mother). I'm cool with that. Just wish he had kept his pre-FP haircut instead of apparently going for a look somewhere between his New Earth and Young Justice versions.
    end of spoilers
    YOu mean them locks?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    YOu mean them locks?
    spoilers:
    Them mighty fine locks, yes. He now has the exact same haircut as at least 50% of male Congoids in Big Two comics. Meh.

Still, it's nice we finally get another queer teen hero at DC, and that he's black even more so, but apparently there can only be one at a time... And at this point (after now three male PoC of varying prominence/popularity) a white one in more than a supporting role would actually be nice for a change, or a female one for that matter.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

You think if they bring back Bunker, they'll pair him off with, no spoilers but you know who I mean. I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    You think if they bring back Bunker, they'll pair him off with, no spoilers but you know who I mean. I wouldn't mind seeing that.
    I wouldn't mind it per se, and I can see the two having chemistry, but unceremoniously shoving out established lovers (even unseen ones) off-panel always rubs me the wrong way, so they'd need to give it more thought and time than they tend to do. Anyway, he'll likely be off in a certain corner of the DCU for quite a while before Bunker shows up again, so a lot can happen in the meantime.

I like a lot of them, but I had to vote other: Ayla Ranzz, aka Lightning Lass. I have been a Legion fan for coming up on 43 years, and Ayla/Salu is my favorite Legion couple. You had Salu in the poll, but not Ayla.