Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Submit Your X-Position Questions for Dennis Hopeless

Dennis Hopeless is the next guest for X-Position and CBR wants your questions for the "All-New X-Men" writer.

Full article here.

Mr. Hopeless,

We've all heard how Jeff Lemire got dibs on Jean Grey. Was including Hope Summers (who you've written for in Cable & X-Force) ever a consideration? It would seem having her would create awesome dynamics between Cyclops (who would most like find her irresistable), Oya (who was one of her "Lights") and Genesis (who could very well be her best fried or greatest nemesis). Would adding Hope down the line be a possibility?

Really looking forward to this book! Any chance we'll Cyclops' space ex Vileena Malafect show up for her revenge?

BANNED

I know it may not be your story to tell. But any chance for young cyclops to confront his older self about... Everything? And I honestly doubt he's dead

Hi! Just bought the first issue and am now hooked! Out of curiosity, why did Hank invite Idie and Evan on the road trip, and why is no one in public freaking out at Evan's appearance? Or is this going to be elaborated on in future issues?
    "Luck doesn't exist. There are no such things as coincidences. Anything can be rationalized, logic is essential, sense is irrelevant."
    -Future Evil Dictator. Or just me.

All New All Different Marvel Pull List: Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men, Spider Gwen, Ms. Marvel, Deadpool, Agents of Shield

Obviously Marvel can just have all of my money at this point in time.

BANNED

Couple questions about some possible follow-up on Black Vortex that was never really touched on:

1) Warren says he embraced the Vortex to take control of his life, but if you think about it it's really not all that different from the decision that led to his adult self becoming Archangel in the first place (Warren lost his wings, and turned to Apocalypse for help). Since Laura openly distrusted and disliked Archangel (whom she worked with on X-Force), could the potential effect of this choice on their relationship be explored?

2) At the end of the event, Scott and Bobby had their power-ups removed, but they were warned that they will still have been changed in some way. Any chance of seeing this expanded on?
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 12-02-2015 at 10:38 AM.

Dear Mr. Hopeless,

1. Can you provide some additional details about how Angel and X-23's relationship has progressed during the 8-month gap? How serious would you say they are and how much more serious can we expect them to get?

2. It has already been stated outright that adult Cyclops is dead, but the details of his fate have not been revealed. Can you tell us whether these details will be revealed in your book or in Lemire's work on Extraordinary X-men?

3. At one point, Cyclops merged with Apocalypse during The Twelve saga. This event had a major impact over the course of Cyclops' life. With Evan joining the cast of your book, will you be exploring this at any point?

4. Can you talk a bit about the setting in this book? In Extraordinary X-men, mutants are being shot on sight and attacked in every corner of the world. Yet in All-New X-men, they don't seem to be getting harassed as much. They also don't seem to be in danger of the Terrigen Mists. Is there a reason for this?

5. It was established during Bendis' run that the O5 X-men are trapped in the present, but it wasn't explained how or why. Will you be exploring this story at any point? Where does it fit into the overall impact that the O5 X-men will have on the timeline?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Any chance of any of the New X-Men students (Hellion, Mercury, Elixir, Anole, etc.) showing up in any significant way?

EDIT: Other than Laura, of course.

Hi Dennis Hopeless. Enjoyed the first issue of All-New X-Men, and Spider-Woman 1 for that matter. I like how the optimistic feel contrasts Extraordinary's darker mood.

It feels like this series will be about a bunch of young superheroes trying to avoid their predecessors' fates while showing the world that mutants can be heroes. In a sense, Laura is already succeeding there. Is she going to be a mentor figure to any of the other team members?

What would this new X-Men team's official mission statement be?

Could you could describe the role of each member of All-New X-Men in one word or a short sentence?

Will Angel's new powers through the Black Vortex be explored in detail?

Amazing Member

Will we see anymore young X-men join them or team up with this group
    Last edited by Mikey; 12-02-2015 at 12:14 PM.

Hello Mr. Hopeless:

1) What was your opinion on Rucka and Layman's Cyclops solo? Will it inspire a space arc in the future?
    2) Will Tyke ever get his sword back?

3) Without spoiling it, where do you see Oya's mental stability at the moment?
    4) Are you going to hold off on any crossovers until you get at least two years worth of stories?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I would also love to see more students as asked by others before me. Can we expect some to show up and if so, who?

Also, where's Hope?

Any chance for the ANAD to travel abroad?
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 12-04-2015 at 01:41 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Amazing Member

Mr. Hopeless,

Feel free to answer whichever you choose, if at all.

1. During the Black Vortex event we saw Angel wield flaming swords, firing energy beams from his hands and even burning Ronan the Accuser with what appeared to be energy radiated from his wings alone. Are we going to see these or any other displays of cosmic power or can we expect him to pretty much just be normal again? And if he does still have those abilities what does that do to the overall balance of the team (because a still fully cosmically powered Angel would certainly have to be far more powerful than the rest of them)? Also does he have any current relationship with Archangel? He clearly still has access to his money, but how could he have that kind of access without dealing with his adult self at some point?

2. Is there any chance of seeing Wolverine in anything like a leadership position or advisory role this time around? Given that the other team members are time-travelers brought forward in time (skipping the experiences of their adult selves) or former students it seems that, regardless of what shared experiences they've had since, she is logically the most experienced team member and if not leading it should be at least providing some insight based her time with the X-men and (sort of) Avengers. How does she contribute overall to the team dynamic (we didn't really see her do much of anything in the last series)? What sort of relationship does she have with the other members overall, particularly Hank and Bobby (since she really didn't interact with them in any meaningful way before)?

3. And what about Hank and Scott? It seems that they might be kind of cool now but have they both gotten over their involvement with Jean? Could their maybe still be a bit of jealousy or hurt feelings below the surface? I only ask because a lot of writers seem to have this idea that once you get involved with Jean Grey you just never really get over her (somehow).

Thanks for your time. #1 was good stuff (also Spider-woman. Spider-woman was pretty awesome).

Is still possible that Hope Summers becomes a part of the team? I don't think people would be bothered about her looking like Jean, is sad to see such an important character some years ago end up on Limbo!
    Last edited by Wiccan; 12-03-2015 at 06:03 PM.

Will teen angel face his older self?