Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Lois and Clark ongoing? Yes or no.

I have three theories for how I think this series will end. Listed from most to least likely:

1) Loses his powers and is stuck on main Earth forever while his son grows up to develop powers (ala WEHTTMOT).

2) Gets shifted to another Earth without a Superman and becomes that worlds champion (kinda hoping for this one myself).

3) Stays on main Earth but gets to keep his powers and changes his name to something else (Can't imagine too many fans of the old version being too happy with that).

Assuming the first option doesn't happen, who would like to see an ongoing of this series?

Incredible Member

Wait wait wait, is this book NOT ongoing?

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Wait wait wait, is this book NOT ongoing?
    Right now it's only been announced as a 12-issue series. I'm not sure if whether it is ultimately considered a success would make DC decide to extend it to something more ongoing, but I imagine it couldn't hurt. So, if you and others are enjoying it and want to see more, be sure to spread the word so that it continues to do well in sales.

I thought it was just that the DC you books were to have at least 12 issues not that they were to only be 12 issues.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

There's been conflicting info. The solicits indicate it's an ongoing whilst the lone ad for it said it to be a limited run.

I hope it's an ongoing in some form, either in it's current incarnation or as a regular back up in the main Superbooks similar to the Mr and Mrs Superman feature that ran in the 70s and 80s titles.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Hope it keeps going.

I wouldn't mind it continuing at all if it were to be placed on another Earth, preferably their own. Unless they crafted it where he lost his powers and wasn't a superhero anymore and crafted it along the lines of a romance/family comic. I think Zero Hour-Parallax showing up in GL though might portend something being planned for all these characters. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of Convergence sequel happen after the 12 issues.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-04-2015 at 09:39 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I would like to see them return to their own dimension too. I wouldn't be opposed to a WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE MAN OF TOMORROW ending, but I'd rather he save his own world and be able to go home.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I have three theories for how I think this series will end. Listed from most to least likely:

1) Loses his powers and is stuck on main Earth forever while his son grows up to develop powers (ala WEHTTMOT).

2) Gets shifted to another Earth without a Superman and becomes that worlds champion (kinda hoping for this one myself).

3) Stays on main Earth but gets to keep his powers and changes his name to something else (Can't imagine too many fans of the old version being too happy with that).

Assuming the first option doesn't happen, who would like to see an ongoing of this series?
    I don't like 1, 3rd option I wouldn't accept superman not being superman.

if superman is going to stay, he can be superman. Marvel still has two hawkeyes, old man logan and x-23 as wolverine

I don't know about other earth, these kind of changes simply doesn't work. see earth 2, too much change in too little time. now if they come back to pre new 52 earth, I would be pretty fine

Actually, I tend to think that something like the first option will happen, but with Jon becoming the new Superboy and Lois and Clark continuing on in supporting cast roles much like Jonathan and Martha Kent in the original Silver Age Superboy stories.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I can't seem to find anything online indicating how many issues this is. Not even on the DC website. It would be interesting if this actually IS an ongoing.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I seriously hope this is an ongoing. I have loved the first two issues, however I wouldn't mind the idea of Jon becoming Superboy. Would certainly be better than what we have now.

I can't seem to find anything online indicating how many issues this is. Not even on the DC website. It would be interesting if this actually IS an ongoing.
    Below is the ad that has led some to believe it's only 12 issues.

However, since it's all there is, it's possible that the book's fate is less definitive.
    Last edited by misslane; 12-05-2015 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Below is the ad that has led some to believe it's only 12 issues.

However, since it's all there is, it's possible that the book's fate is less definitive.
    Thanks! If I had to venture a guess, I'd say this is a trial run to see how it goes and depending on the outcome, they may decide to make it an ongoing. It looks like that might be what they're setting up for Telos anyway.

Jon becoming Superboy would be a bad idea. We've already had a failed concept of a Superboy that's a child of Clark and Lois from another world. Granted that failed for more than one reason but still, why beat a horse that was already DOA. Just fix Kon, or do something entirely new.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El