Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'd like to see it continue. It's the best Superman book out at the moment. Though American Alien is pretty good too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Thanks! If I had to venture a guess, I'd say this is a trial run to see how it goes and depending on the outcome, they may decide to make it an ongoing. It looks like that might be what they're setting up for Telos anyway.
    if it is a tril put a limited 12 issues stamp is the worst you can do.

the only reason I might not like Jon as superboy, is that superboy story is always so tragic.

I just want a Superboy that's from this world. That's all. They can call him Kon, Conner, have him a clone, have him biologically normal, have him a teen, have him a little boy, etc etc. They can go wild there with the details. But I'm just not a fan of a continuity in which you have all these alternate verse characters around. I like the multiverse but I like it in the sense that I like exploring those other worlds, not having characters from those worlds take up permanent residence in the main verse. Its sloppy. When worlds do intermingle, it should be temporary, a big deal, and for a purpose.

The only exception to this rule being Power Girl and Huntress. As I personally feel there's an inherent unique charm to their characters being outsiders from another universe.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-06-2015 at 01:34 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

The events of Convergence, DiDio's comments, and comments in a recent interview with Dan Jurgens indicate that the continuity/universe Lois and Clark knew is gone forever. It was erased by the prevention of COIE.

That said, I'd like to see the Kents/Whites moved to one of the mystery Earths from Multiversity. Maybe the other post-COIE characters who survived Convergence went there and it's an Earth similar to the post-COIE continuity?

At any rate, I want Clark to be Clark Kent again and Superman again.

As with most things it boils down to the execution for me.

If post-Crisis Lois&Clark stick around, and the stories remain quality (by my subjective standards) then I'll keep reading the book/s. If quality drops I'm done with it regardless of the concept itself.

Ideally, I'd like to see them on their own earth, away from the main continuity, where they can do their thing (seems like a good digital first series to me). But I'd be fine with just about anything so long as it remains entertaining.

Bottom line, dont do to Superdad what was done to Kal-L in Infinite Crisis. If you have to use Superdad, then do him justice. If you cant do that then let him rest in peace and dont screw with the fond memories we have of him (the 00's tainted enough of them for me already, I dont need it worse).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xon-Ur View Post
    The events of Convergence, DiDio's comments, and comments in a recent interview with Dan Jurgens indicate that the continuity/universe Lois and Clark knew is gone forever. It was erased by the prevention of COIE.

That said, I'd like to see the Kents/Whites moved to one of the mystery Earths from Multiversity. Maybe the other post-COIE characters who survived Convergence went there and it's an Earth similar to the post-COIE continuity?

At any rate, I want Clark to be Clark Kent again and Superman again.
    The ending of Convergence confused me. Because the Crisis was prevented the old Earth 1 became the current mainstream Earth? How does that work exactly? Did Crisis still happen but the end result was different? And it just so happens to be the current universe that was created by Flashpoint? Their universe not being created is the only thing that makes sense from that ending. And if we're truly back to the infinite multiverse some universe like their old one would still be out there somewhere. Complete with a WW2 Justice Society and modern Justice League. What would be interesting, and I don't necessarily see them doing this, is send them to a universe where that Superman was killed by Doomsday and never came back.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The ending of Convergence confused me. Because the Crisis was prevented the old Earth 1 became the current mainstream Earth? How does that work exactly? Did Crisis still happen but the end result was different? And it just so happens to be the current universe that was created by Flashpoint? Their universe not being created is the only thing that makes sense from that ending. And if we're truly back to the infinite multiverse some universe like their old one would still be out there somewhere. Complete with a WW2 Justice Society and modern Justice League. What would be interesting, and I don't necessarily see them doing this, is send them to a universe where that Superman was killed by Doomsday and never came back.
    I agree with this. Convergence was confusing, I just really wish they would have just let the multiverse stand as it was, just faded everything to white and had the wall rest everything back to where it was. I'm happy to have this book, but I would rather have Clark teaching John how to be Superman. I don't mind the WHTTMOT sort of set up, but I would like the idea of them being able to live normal lives.

I would love it if this book was an on-going. Of the three options, #2 appeals to me the most. It also allows for some interesting stories, if they do make it an on-going. You can explore his new role as Superman of a new Earth, get him out of the main continuity, continue with the family aspect and provide new rogues for him. Not that you couldn't do any of that already, it's just an interesting set up. In any case, I've really enjoyed the first two issues. I think I'm in for all 12. If I'm lucky, it continues on.

This is by far the best Superman book, so I also hope it becomes an ongoing. But if it has to end, I'd really, really like to see Clark and Lois returned to the world they knew. They shouldn't be stuck on some other world or living in secret. These characters deserve a proper happy ending.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I agree with this. Convergence was confusing, I just really wish they would have just let the multiverse stand as it was, just faded everything to white and had the wall rest everything back to where it was. I'm happy to have this book, but I would rather have Clark teaching John how to be Superman. I don't mind the WHTTMOT sort of set up, but I would like the idea of them being able to live normal lives.
    I love the Multiverse, but COIE was such a defining moment in DC and comic history and my own fandom that I hated to see it retconned. I also hated that DiDio showed his utter contempt for the post-COIE continuity and its fans by creating a story (he was the architect who took Morrison's idea of Brainiac bottling universes and ran with it) that did away with the continuity fans most demanded to see return. He could have given everyone a happy ending and simply did nothing with the pre-Flashpoint continuity, but he instead gave a final middle finger to the fans who paid his bills and kept him employed.

I'm going to take a wait and see approach since this just started.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Personally I'd like to see the line going on as is with Lois and Clark being undercover, doing good works in secret. What in story reason would Clark have for not dressing up in his classic tights again? I'd simply have him be this universe version of Supergirl, by that I mean the Silver Age Supergirl who was known as Superman's ultimate backup at the time. Our (speaking as fans of the Post Crisis world) Clark chooses to allow this Superman to keep the spotlight, well he continues to do good work in disguise. Clark putting on the traditional suit should only come up during major events, basically when Clark dons the traditional Superman suit (red trunks and all) the reader knows shit is about to get really serious.

Plus I think it'd be kind of funny for the traditional Superman and the 52 Superman having a bit of an argument about why they where the costume they do.

52 Superman: So... on your world you wore tights? Why exactly? Did you use to be in the circus or something?
    Superman: My Mother and Father made them with me. Why do you wear armor when you can't be hurt by much as it is.
    52 Superman: It's a part of my Krypton's heritage. It's a part of who I am.
    Superman: See kid, you do understand why I prefer my costume. They both remind us of home.

Either that or simply continue their stories back on their own world, with the old cast. I'm not sure which I'd prefer to be honest.
    Last edited by victorsage; 12-12-2015 at 01:39 PM.

BANNED

Angry

So Jurgens answered a fan on twitter, lois and clark is 8 issues mini https://twitter.com/thedanjurgens/st...80335498428416
    so telos will be 1-6 issues, so DC not keeping the 12 issues from the house ad.

BANNED

I don't see how they can keep Lois as a recurring main character with Clarks Superhero antics and not being a super human at the same time. She's completely useless outside of moral support and some badass normal context that may or may not be pis to create suspense. As an ongoing, writers would have to literally bend reality around her to make sure the planet doesn't blow up up when she's snarks at darkseid or something and Superman plot armors her from literally making love to him and his indestructible body. I can't take that level of suspension of dis belief that's worse than Batman hurting Superman with a normal punch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    I don't see how they can keep Lois as a recurring main character with Clarks Superhero antics and not being a super human at the same time. She's completely useless outside of moral support and some badass normal context that may or may not be pis to create suspense. As an ongoing, writers would have to literally bend reality around her to make sure the planet doesn't blow up up when she's snarks at darkseid or something and Superman plot armors her from literally making love to him and his indestructible body. I can't take that level of suspension of dis belief that's worse than Batman hurting Superman with a normal punch.
    they did this for many decades.

c'mon people, you can all stop with women of kleenex nosense