Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Default Red Hood/Arsenal #7 Preview/Discussion

http://www.freaksugar.com/exclusive-...gn=shareaholic

And just like that Medri's costumes are unceremoniously dropped. I'll miss them.

The banter between Roy and Jason is great as always while somehow, JD is actually being funny! Likely due Fernandez' art making her more cartoony than the usual. That being said, I'm not still fully convinced by his work. It feels somehow uneven, the composition and backgrounds are solid but the character's themselves look odd, I cna't really put my finger on what is giving me that impression though. And I wish the expressive helmet were dropped for good. It looks stupid and if DC is so eager of have Jason emoting, drop the helmet entirely and give him the red domino mask he used preN52.

Ah well, the issue looks like being a lot of fun.

Incredible Member

Now Medri's off is Fernandez taking over full time, or is he just filling in?

And while I never really liked Medri's costumes, I'd happily take them over expressive helmets. They always make Jason's head look like a toffee apple.

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    Now Medri's off is Fernandez taking over full time, or is he just filling in?

And while I never really liked Medri's costumes, I'd happily take them over expressive helmets. They always make Jason's head look like a toffee apple.
    Fernandez is on art duties on all the issues solicited so far (7,8 and 9) so I'd say is extremely likely he's taking over full time.

After the awesome expressionless helmet, I'm downhearted with the return of the expression helmet.

That said, I don't think I'll enjoy this one as much as the others since I still have bad flashbacks of the Culling. I am interested to see how Roy interacts with...JD without Jason around. He might instill some good things in her.

Jason's attempt at radio interference did make me smile. That joke is never not good to me.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Ouch. That was a rough preview. The narration and dialogue just do nothing for the plot.

I think someone is trying to say something with that intro, LoL. I was tempted to get this because of Robin War, but ya. I think its better for everyone that i just pass.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-05-2015 at 02:58 AM.

BANNED

We get that it`s part of an event without being spoiled much or at all, certainly a preview`s preview.

I will never not enjoy Jason`s own banter about being Robin. At this point I also enjoy the idea of Jason and co pulling their nerdy brother`s legs about "being formally Robin" because they just like it and that`s well with me. #Bros4life.

I like "paid paladins" line.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

The new artist is a major upgrade, and those terrible suits are gone, but you still have to read Lobdell's words. Any thought of me grabbing this for Robin War is out the window.

All-New Member

the jokes can be to hacky and cheesy for me sometimes , we need a writer who can do dark humour well then maybe after a while it can become more lighthearted. i gotta say i don't mind the costume change. and can we all appreciate that this is the only artist to draw roy wearing his hat backwards?? they need to keep him wearing it backwards or get him wearing the hats with funny sayings on them again like the "what would tesla do" one lol

Quote Originally Posted by sghood View Post
    the jokes can be to hacky and cheesy for me sometimes , we need a writer who can do dark humour well then maybe after a while it can become more lighthearted. i gotta say i don't mind the costume change. and can we all appreciate that this is the only artist to draw roy wearing his hat backwards?? they need to keep him wearing it backwards or get him wearing the hats with funny sayings on them again like the "what would tesla do" one lol
    God, Tynion's characterization of Roy was cringeworthy.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I didn't read the preview but I'm looking forward to the issue.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Fernandez' uploaded the pages without coloring to his FB account. Have to say, they look better like that

BANNED

I wish some mainstream titles could be published in that format. Digital coloring sometimes hides more than it should.

That looks rad.

BANNED

I don't care what anyone says. Lobdell writes a good Arsenal.