Thread: "Joker God"

Default "Joker God"

I mean many people blame "Batgod" but why nobody blame the Joker for that?

Even "Batgod" require team's help, but the Joker sometimes just handle the league and cause huge threat by his own. It wasn't because of his intelligence, just PIS super technology/gas. I think the Joker should never be a Justice League level threat.

It's the transitive property:
    Joker = Batman's arch nemesis.
    Batman = "Batgod" and can take down the Justice League single-handedly
    ergo
    Joker = JLA level threat

Like it or not.

I am glad though, that they never had the Penguin stand toe-to-toe with the League.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's the transitive property:
    Joker = Batman's arch nemesis.
    Batman = "Batgod" and can take down the Justice League single-handedly
    ergo
    Joker = JLA level threat
    This logic weirdly checks out.

I think it also helps that Joker is one of their most recognizable and profitable characters, potentially beaten only by Batman and Superman. He's going to get that special treatment. I don't think Joker should pose any sort of real physical threat to Superman (hell, he shouldn't be able to last a second in a fist fight with Batman even) but for all of his crazy bravado; Joker has his own form of genius intellect slithering beneath the surface. He's a master schemer and has plans within plans, not unlike Bruce. If you get his attention he'll almost immediately figure out which buttons to push and how to push them. It's a different type of formidable foe.

Because he loses.

Batgod has a team... but as often as not, the team fails and he's the last one standing just to show how awesome he is and that he really is the best at everything.

Joker... Talks a big game... does some epic level stuff... then gets punched out and locked away. Regardless of the PIS that lets him operate on levels above him.. he still loses. Therefore he never seems REALLY overpowered.

Ras Al Ghul is another I think is insanely overrated for his actual resume. His grand ability is 'not being dead' and getting outsmarted by batman. Somehow he has this following that really isn't deserved for what he's shown.

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    He's going to get that special treatment. I don't think Joker should pose any sort of real physical threat to Superman (hell, he shouldn't be able to last a second in a fist fight with Batman even)
    It seems that they've made the J-man a lot more of a physical threat to Bats by taking into account three factors - he's totally unpredictable, he's quick, and has retar- I mean, "Crazy" strength.

Bruce is still ultimately a human being after all. It's just one of those things that you have to go with - Batman fights alongside the JLA battling world-threatening foes, yet his main rogues are powerless aside from being crazy.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Never thought of it that way. Its true in a sense, the love he gets is tremendous and nobody really questions his relevance as a threat. Although aside from cleverness, one of the villainous tactics that most often helps suspend disbelief is one I think he uses a lot: putting innocent civilians at risk and thus complicating the solution.

Aside from by surprise or fighting a handicapped Batman, the Joker shouldn't be able to beat Batman or anyone else up in a straight up fight. But on the move being chased, with civilians nearby, it's no surprise he can wreak havoc and keep them busy.

Joker is Batman's arch nemesis
    Batman is one of DC's smartest characters and a pillar of the JL
    ergo Joker is a very smart villain
    resulting in him becoming a very formidable villain throughout the DCU

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Because he loses.

Batgod has a team... but as often as not, the team fails and he's the last one standing just to show how awesome he is and that he really is the best at everything.

Joker... Talks a big game... does some epic level stuff... then gets punched out and locked away. Regardless of the PIS that lets him operate on levels above him.. he still loses. Therefore he never seems REALLY overpowered.

Ras Al Ghul is another I think is insanely overrated for his actual resume. His grand ability is 'not being dead' and getting outsmarted by batman. Somehow he has this following that really isn't deserved for what he's shown.
    He was one of the few villains who correctly deduced Bruce's identity. And him being outsmarted requires a lot more work than interrogating the average street hood.

Spectacular Member

Profitable character $$$$ = Can take the whole Justice League
    Obscure character = Can be taken by Wendy and Marvin

Don't quite get the hate on all this (such as it is).

It's no different than Captain America being last man standing with the Avengers (which has had some classic moments, such as the Korvac Sage and Infinity Gauntlet). No reason to think the Red Skull couldn't be a danger to them given his giving Cap fits.

Same holds here. There've been stories where Batman has been last man standing (New World Order) -- as well as ones where he hasn't (Rock of Ages). No reason to think the Joker couldn't be a threat to the League (any more than any other nemesis for the characters could pose a threat).
    Last edited by Ishmael; 12-07-2015 at 07:33 PM.