I'm around sometimes NeuroticNyx's Avatar

Default MGS Raiden vs Deathstroke

So I searched this up, only thread I found pitted MGR Raiden vs Deathstroke.

... I think we can agree that is way too unfair to Deathstroke, and I haven't seen a thread on here with the earlier versions of Raiden, so let's see how this turns out.

Raiden at the end of MGS2 vs New 52 Deathstroke.

Raiden at the end of MGS2 vs Post-crisis Deathstroke.

Both have standard equipment, and Raiden gets spotted his HF blade from the battle with Solidus.

How does pre-cyborg Raiden measure up?

Raiden stomps both on the grounds of being a bullet timer who, took out Solidus snake in a sword fight, a Cyborg who, iirc, ripped a Metal Gear Ray apart. His skill is fantastic too, as evident by his wrecking of a group of Metal Gear Rays while on foot.
    Last edited by Cody; 12-05-2015 at 06:46 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Raiden stomps both on the grounds of being a bullet timer who, iirc, ripped a Metal Gear Ray apart. His skill is fantastic too, as evident by his wrecking of a group of Metal Gear Rays while on foot.
    i think you got your raidens mixed up. jack in MGS2 did not tear apart a ray. this was when raiden was still fully human and all.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i think you got your raidens mixed up. jack in MGS2 did not tear apart a ray. this was when raiden was still fully human and all.
    Oh no, I mean that he beat a guy who ripped a Ray apart in a sword fight(Solidus Snake), my bad.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Oh no, I mean that he beat a guy who ripped a Ray apart in a sword fight(Solidus Snake), my bad.
    ahhh ok. gotcha.

Maybe if Raiden slowed down they could have a decent fight.

He won't though.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Raiden has trash for strength feats, but the fact he takes solidus on and that it is indeed legit (origin story etc) moves him up into Ultimate Cap level strength.

Funnily enough, Ultimate Cap was shown as basically even in strength with serious but non bloodlusted spider-man (Parker), although having read over the ultimate series and a few issue of ult spiderman, I think Spiderman is def stronger by a good margin. Caps just more durable.

Point? Ult Cap would be a good fight for raiden. He's arguably not a Bullet-timer, but he's definitely faster than deathstroke.