Super Moderator

Default Gwenpool Special, #1

• AN ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT MARVEL HOLIDAY SPECIAL!
    • She-Hulk throws a holiday party and invites the entire Marvel U!
    • Deadpool teams up with both Hawkeyes -- Kate and Clint -- to...stop a pickpocket?!
    • Ms. Marvel takes on her most dangerous threat yet: the holiday blues!
    • And then there's the reason for the season(al special): GWENPOOL!
    • Yup, you read that right -- Gwen. Pool. C'mon, you know you're curious.

Full article here.

BANNED

Still can't believe this is actually happening.

I like Gwen, but let's give her actually book a decent, 10+ issue run before we do things like this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Still can't believe this is actually happening.

I like Gwen, but let's give her actually book a decent, 10+ issue run before we do things like this.
    Well, title aside, the special contains stories about a lot of characters not only Gwenpool, and she is already having a story as an appendix in Howard the Duck. Short stories and specials before an ongoing seems more sensible to me. Unless you think this is Spider Gwen? It's not, it's another character and has really little to do with Gwen Stacy.

I have seen far stranger things moreover is a special Christmas and looks fun.

But demand the kiss happen or will be disappointed .

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

Still think this will be a lot of fun! Gwenpool is totally wacky and I love it!!

Judging only from what I seen of her (Her original variant and the two Howard the Duck short comics thus far) Gwen-Pool has been a enjoyable character to read. I like Marvel's lighthearted, absurd, or comedy characters such as Squirrel girl and Howard the Duck and thus Gwen-Pool fits well with them and fitting to have a short tale with Howard as a characterization intro. Spider-Gwen was the character that got me into comics and I love her and she help inspire that Gwen fun variants covers idea which in turn helped Gwen-Pool come about but the two are far different and independent characters (currently love Spider-Gwen while liking Gwen-pool but possible to upgrade to love as well in time with quality works and characterization). I hope for the best for the upcoming Christmas special.

I have to admit there were some Gwen variant covers/characters that really got my interest and while Gwen-Pool looked great the ones I wanted to know more about (for fun) was: #1 Dr. Gwenage, #2 Gwen Hulk from future imperfect, #3 Gwenom, #4 Captain Gwen, #5 Thor Gwen, #6 Wolverine Gwen, honorable mentions: Witch hunter Gwen , Iron Woman Gwen, and even Gwoot and Medusa Gwen over Gwen-Pool.

Still open up to and gave a shot for Gwen-pool and she has placed a smile on my face when reading her short story and the pain in the neck she is giving. Sometimes the sure to fail and absurd ideas and visions and characters can lead to unexpected joys and great entertainment and sometimes the "sure thing" can end in disaster. Unlikely but not impossible for the other Gwens introduced from those variants got a shot of a short tale to each them (due to a writer having a epiphany fantastic idea they worked hard for and have a passion for convincing the top brass to give it a shot) and every one was fantastic with a artist and writer hit it out of the park each time 5 stars. It's us the viewers who has to take the leap and a open mind to embrace without prejudice (or wait for reviews to convince and market it well).

BANNED

I'm glad to see Storm on the cover.

I think the funniest part about Gwenpool is that she isn't even a Gwen Stacy. Her name is Gwen Poole. Lol