Super Moderator

Default Axel-In-Charge: Free Hip-Hop Covers, Going Back to School with "Spidey"

Axel Alonso explains why Marvel is giving away 14 hip-hop variants for free, and how "Spidey" does -- or doesn't -- fit into established history.

Full article here.

This might be more of a Nick Lowe question, but "Spidey" presents a bit of a different take on the history of Spider-Man -- with, say, Gwen Stacy attending the same high school as Peter Parker. Is this meant to be outside of the mainline continuity?

Alonso: Decide for yourself.

That's a pretty weak answer coming from an editor-in-chief.

Niffleheim

Ultimate Thor will be the other Ultimate character to crossover. OK.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Ultimate Thor will be the other Ultimate character to crossover. OK.
    No, that's the hammer of the Thor in the Secret Wars miniseries "Thors" who was based on the Ultimate Thor. But he was more or less just ordinary Thor who looked like the Ultimate one and was a hammer-cop. It landed in the ruins of Asgard at the end of the series, the sole carryover from it. Everyone is assuming that Odinson will get it and we'll have a buddy-cop Thor comic after a while.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nisus View Post
    This might be more of a Nick Lowe question, but "Spidey" presents a bit of a different take on the history of Spider-Man -- with, say, Gwen Stacy attending the same high school as Peter Parker. Is this meant to be outside of the mainline continuity?

Alonso: Decide for yourself.

That's a pretty weak answer coming from an editor-in-chief.
    Basically, it means the series is out of continuity, but he doesn't want to admit it because he's afraid it would hurt sales.

Good article. Glad my question got asked. Was hoping for a bit more of a hint, but I guess I walked right into that one.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I don't care that he didn't really give us an answer about the continuity because that was enough for me to be happy knowing that it isn't for sure part of continuity.

Also I really doubt that Ultimate Thor is alive. And even if he was it'd be more his 616-copy-cat persona they gave him by the end of it all. His original characterization was way more interesting. So I do hope that it's just the hammer surviving so that both Jane and Odinson can remain Thor.