Default DC Golden and Silver Age trades

Justice League of America the Silver Age vol. 1 Feb 2016
    Superman the Golden Age vol. 1 March 2016
    Flash the Silver Age vol. 1 April 2016
    Supergirl the Silver Age vol. 1 May 2016
    Batman the Golden Age vol. 1 June 2016
    Suicide Squad the Silver Age vol. 1 June 2016
    Green Lantern the Silver Age vol. 1 July 2016

So I think this is all of them so far. If they keep working through the comics reprinted by the Archives this looks to be the DC version of the Epic trades just going in order. I hope this keeps up at least a once a month pace. It will also be interesting to see what happens when a title moves past what was archived. The Suicide Squad trade gives me hope they will as it was never an archive.

What's the avg. page count on these? And the price?
    Thanks!

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA: THE SILVER AGE VOL. 1 TP
    Written by GARDNER FOX
    Art by MIKE SEKOWSKY and others
    Cover by MIKE SEKOWSKY and MURPHY ANDERSON
    On sale FEBRUARY 10 • 328 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    In stories from BRAVE AND THE BOLD #28-30, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #1-18 and MYSTERY IN SPACE #75, the World’s Greatest Heroes stand against intergalactic, mystical, and super-powered rogues Starro, Despero, Kanjar Ro, Dr. Destiny, Amos Fortune and Felix Faust!

SUPERMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE VOL. 1 TP
    Written by JERRY SIEGEL
    Art by JOE SHUSTER
    Cover by DARWYN COOKE
    On sale MARCH 16 • 384 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    The original tales of the Man of Tomorrow are collected in trade paperback from the pages ACTION COMICS #1-12, SUPERMAN #1-4 and WORLD’S FAIR COMICS #1. Written by Jerry Siegel and illustrated by Joe Shuster, this title includes the first appearances of Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, and Superman’s alter ego Clark Kent, as well as the first use of his x-ray vision

I feel like the page count for the price is worth it. I'm sure the others will be similar once the official solicits hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA: THE SILVER AGE VOL. 1 TP
    Written by GARDNER FOX
    Art by MIKE SEKOWSKY and others
    Cover by MIKE SEKOWSKY and MURPHY ANDERSON
    On sale FEBRUARY 10 • 328 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    In stories from BRAVE AND THE BOLD #28-30, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #1-18 and MYSTERY IN SPACE #75, the World’s Greatest Heroes stand against intergalactic, mystical, and super-powered rogues Starro, Despero, Kanjar Ro, Dr. Destiny, Amos Fortune and Felix Faust!

SUPERMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE VOL. 1 TP
    Written by JERRY SIEGEL
    Art by JOE SHUSTER
    Cover by DARWYN COOKE
    On sale MARCH 16 • 384 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    The original tales of the Man of Tomorrow are collected in trade paperback from the pages ACTION COMICS #1-12, SUPERMAN #1-4 and WORLD’S FAIR COMICS #1. Written by Jerry Siegel and illustrated by Joe Shuster, this title includes the first appearances of Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, and Superman’s alter ego Clark Kent, as well as the first use of his x-ray vision

I feel like the page count for the price is worth it. I'm sure the others will be similar once the official solicits hit.
    I agree.
    Granted, the archives are hardcover, this makes them much more affordable.

They're about the same price as the Showcase TPBs and in color.
    The JLA one, for instance, covers two more issues than the Showcase book and only costs $3 more. And they're in color.
    Definitely worth it.
    I just hope they stick with this format.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member

Interesting... on the surface this sounds like essentially a rebranding/relaunching of the Chronicles line, with a few extra titles (Justice League, Suicide Squad, Supergirl) thrown in. I wonder if there's anything different, other than (obviously) the name and the page count per volume.

I'm not sure the contents on the Superman volume are correct... Superman #4 came out at roughly the same time as Action Comics #23, not #12. If the page count of 384 is correct, it would collect all of Superman Chronicles volume 1 (approximately 202 pages of content) and all or most of volume 2 (approximately 190 pages of content). That would run up through Superman #3/Action Comics #19 or 20.

Good point on DC solicits being wrong. I'm hopeful on the price and page count as I think the price flat out has to be correct and I think the page count does as well. Looking forward to the first one hitting the shelves come February.

Yeah... after a closer look, these solicits can't be correct.
    The Showcase JLA had only two fewer issues in it and over 200 more pages?
    o.O

Edit: the Comics Beat article mentions the Green Lantern and Suicide Squad volumes.
    The Green Lantern one was listed as covering 12 issues and the Suicide Squad one is only covering 6 issues.

Meanwhile, the Amazon page is listing the JLA and Superman volumes with about 144 pages each.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 12-09-2015 at 01:00 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I think (but am not certain) the Golden age Batman and Superman volumes will split the omnibus into 2 volumes (or thereabouts) and have it be softcover. The GA Batman omnibus (I just got last week) contains the contents of Chronicles 1-4 (same with Supes I think, but since I have 1-3 of the Superman Chronicles already I skipped the omnibus). There was a listing for a second Batman omnibus for August I think, which looks like content from Chronicles 5-8, so I would guess on that stuff DC will do the omnibbus followed by 2 softcover trades of the same stuff-2 omnibus a year and 4 trades (one each quarter).

For the Silver Age stuff I would guess that each would be the same as 2 Chronicles again (for stuff like GL and Flash that had Chronicles) but less than what a Showcase volume contained (but I would guess the JLA volumes is about half the omnibus content again).

This is speculation based on what I have in the GA Batman omnibus vs. what I saw in the listings and then looking into what existing Chronicle and omnibus editions contain, not based on any solicitation or listing specifically.

-M