Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Batman and Robin #1: Born to Kill by Peter Tomasi. Great story, great art, everything is just perfectly written.

Quote Originally Posted by Thom1 View Post
    Brave and the Bold 197-"The Autobiography of Bruce Wayne" Golden Age Batman and Selina give up crime-fighting and retire to be with each other. Don't let the old school art and Earth 2 stuff put you off, I read this on a whim and it instantly became one of my all time favorites. Very touching for "old softie" Bat fans, but also has a scene that "hardcore badass" Batman fans will like too.
    Love this one. This is how you wrap up a character's story. Definitely top of my list of classics.

Batman #12's Brothers in Crime. An early Bat tale that tugs at your hear in the most melodramatic way possible.

BANNED

Detective #617 (I believe that was issue number). It was part two of the Return of the Joker story, post-Death in the Family.

Not only was it one of the first Batman comics I ever read, having just got big into the character fresh from seeing the first Tim Burton film, but it was my introduction to the art of Norm Breyfogle as well.

And it's where I became a fan for life of both Norm and Batman.

Batman: The Golden Street of Gotham by Jen Van Meter
    Batman_Golden_Streets_of_Gotham.jpg

Boisterously Confused

I've already noted my favorite, but I think Ross and Dini's War on Crime is worth mentioning. If I had to pick one issue to give a person who had never heard of Batman, I think that might be the one.

images.jpg

Because someone mentioned the 100-page spectaculars, I am going with my favorite of those. Batman #258:

Batman #258.jpg
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Detective Comics #711. Bruce is in civvies, attending an awards ceremony, and has to foil various criminals while not being able to put the costume on.

It's tough picking single issues. Most of my favourites come from multi-part stories.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thom1 View Post
    I've wanted to read this story for so long! Is most of the Killer Croc intro stuff in the Don Newton HC that was recently released?
    Unfortunately no and DC is taking their sweet time in releasing a vol. 2 but it has been reprinted in the tpb Batman The Greatest Stories Ever Told, the one with an Alex Ross cover.

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Greates...PKTEPGX03G8707

Spectacular Member The Lonely Man's Avatar

As a standalone story I have always loved Gotham Knights 32 by Devin Grayson. Following a day and night in the lives of Bruce and Batman and how he affects those he comes into contact with.

The elderly couple celebrating Batman day. Absolutely terrific stuff.
    Mtgglf

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

"Where Were You on the Night Batman Was Killed?" A single story that ran for...um...Cough Four issues Cough Cough.

ac02-1340951674.jpg
    Last edited by Old Man Ollie 1962; 12-08-2015 at 03:54 AM.

Spectacular Member

Last Rites I think it was at the end of Batman RIP when Alfred finishes with the speech about how there will be no hiding place for evil,

Batman doesn't even have to be front and centre for it to be so memorable another is that Morrison JLA when the white martians are looking for him and say he's only a man and a captured kryptonite poisoned Superman simply smiles, the next part was equally as cool when he takes them down with the match and gasoline, genius

Amazing Member

Any more favorites?

Detective comics #476 a true classic .

Amazing Member

Batman issue 424. Did he fall or was he pushed? There are probably more but that's the only single issue that comes to mind.