Default Rick Remender's AMA

Rick Remender did an AMA on Reddit a day or so ago. I had a look at it and tried to dig up any answers he gave about X-related characters and events.

Quote Originally Posted by Question
    following your UXF run, Warren has been in character limbo for a while now. what would you have done with his blank slate of mind? seek a means to restore it and his relationship with Besty? what kind of direction would you have taken?
    Quote Originally Posted by Remender
    It was all leading to the return of the real Apocalypse. I had a whole event "The Apocalypse Crusade" outlined before moving into the Avengers world. Warren was still in there, and so was some big trouble.

Loved your Uncanny Avengers run. If you didn't leave Marvel what would of happened with Havoc, Janet, and their daughter? Do you have any plans to continue Havoc's story again either or is their daughter probs just chilling with Kang now permanent like?
    I had plans for their daughter. No way to know if any of it will be followed up on. Let's just assume she is with Kang living a happy life in the far future.

Hey Rick! Huge fan, Uncanny X-Force, and Uncanny Avengers are two of the best Marvel runs this past decade to me. I honestly thought AXIS was great and alot of people gave it a bad rep.

1. Did you have any further plans for Deadpool who was a member of the first Uncanny cast?

2. Did you have any follow up plans for the Death Seed Horsemen past the initial story for them?
    Thank you! 1. Yes, I had a lot of plans. 2. The Horsemen had big stories in my head. Just never was in the same place long enough to tell them.

Hey Rick! Huge fan of all of your work. Marvel, Image etc.

I had a few questions

1. Any chance we might get a continuing/conclusion of what I like to call the "Uncanny Saga"? Both Uncanny X-Force and Uncanny Avengers (which I consider to be the almost sister-sequel to X-Force) are two of favorite comic series and I'd love to see what else is in store for those groups!
    ...snip...
    4. If you could change one thing about a previous comic you have written, what would it be and why?
    1. I don't see myself returning to any of those stories. I had my fun, they pieces are there, maybe someone else will pick them up and run. ...snip... 4. I'd cut 1/2 the cast out of AXIS. Thanks!

Rick,

If you had stayed on X-Men after Secret Wars, who would have been on the team?
    My team was the team Jeff ended up using plus Fantomex.

Hey, Rick. Big fan of Uncanny X-Force and Uncanny Avengers. If you had the choice to write for any Marvel or DC property you like and had no restrictions, which property would you choose to write?
    Lobo or The X-Men.

Hey Rick, I'm a huge fan and was interested to hear your opinion on the shift away from the Big 2 publishing companies toward independent creator-owned content.
    Not really a shift, for me anyway, it's a return home. This is where I started out. I did my own books at Image and Dark Horse for many years before going to Marvel. Doing creator-owned was always my ultimate goal. Marvel was fun, supported me when I had my kids, helped me find a bigger audience, and taught me a lot, but working on licensed characters got to be a bit exhausting for me. Everyone is different. Maybe I'll feel different in a year.

I'd really love for him to write Deadpool one day after Duggan tells all the stories he wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'd really love for him to write Deadpool one day after Duggan tells all the stories he wants to.
    He definitely had a knack for writing Deadpool. Seemed to get the right mix of ridiculousness and pathos.

A real shame they moved him over to the Avengers books after UXF. I really wonder how his X-Men story would have turned out if he was allowed to just focus on the X-Men characters he had post UXF and didn't have to change his plans to accommodate the Avengers cast and their stories.

Interesting questions and even more interesting answers. It shows that once a writer cuts ties with Marvel, they're able to be a lot more honest. I would've liked to see how Remender would've handled this "Apocalypse Crusade" story. I get the sense Marvel has always had an Apocalypse story in mind, as we found out earlier this week. But after Uncanny X-Force, I think Remender made clear that he's the most qualified to tell that story. And given his comments on AXIS, I get the sense there was more editorial interference than most and not in a good way.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    He definitely had a knack for writing Deadpool. Seemed to get the right mix of ridiculousness and pathos.
    He really did. Even when he wrote him in the main AXIS event, loved it. He has a really solid voice for Wade.