Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    hahaa the lists are so full of white men. anyway please no Landis writing Superman, a guy that mess up and let his girlfriend dealing serious mental problems and say "oops" shouldn't be writing superman.

like exist female writers and artist out there too

Superman: Charlotte of Oz with help by kelly sue or kelly thompson or warren ellis. art by:Laura Braga
    whatever the writer wants that doesn't interfere with what gail is doing.

Action: Gail Simone , art by afua richardson. this book will co-star Lois Lane. for what I know simone pitched a superman story heavily feature Lois. I hope it gets picked up.

Supergirl: kate leth and/or noelle stevenson. art by yasmine putri or/and emanuela lupachino. stories more like peter david and sterling gates supergirl.

superboy: tom king and aaron kuder.

Trinity: rotating teams, very loose continuity. to start first arc by corinna bechko and gabriel hardman. art by Tula Lotay.

Daily planet: a ongoing or minis. by kate leth and brittney williams. oh too bad Marve nagged brittney williams. art by DELICIA WILLIAMS or AGNES GARBOWSKA. comics alliance has a big list of artists with cartoony style
    ALL AGES comic, cartoony style.

wasn't hard at all
    Ooooo why are all the characters they'll be writing about exclusively white characters? For shame. Characters of color exist in the Superman world too....

I'd like to save Valentine for Supergirl (the character needs an imaginative writer who can go new places), and I wouldnt dare take Wu off her current title/s. But if she had the time, I'd love to see what she could do, especially on a Metropolis-centric title. Her style doesnt seem like it'd fit well with space opera (though I could be wrong Ive never seen her try).

And are the creators mentioned all white? I have no idea what any of these people look like other than Morrison. Oh, I think I saw a picture of Pak once. Wait, he's not white is he?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    All books in the line are given a hands-off edict in regards to large crossovers for at least two years. With that said:

Action Comics: Greg Pak and Aaron Kuder. The exact same tone and feel of the book before Doomed. Except they'd be able to use Lois more than they have to this point, and tasked to create a larger supporting cast, with inspiration from the supporting cast of the 90s.

Superman: Tom King and Kenneth Rocafort. This is the big concept sci-fi book. Lots of space adventures, alien threats, and the like.

Superman/Wonder Woman: Tim Seeley and Terry Dodson (sometimes both art and story by Seeley). A more lighthearted feel to it but the same sci-fi/fantasy trappings to it. Is often steeped more in Wonder Woman's lore for exposure.

Action Comics. Back in the day Supes had four monthlies with triangles connecting them together. I would just make Action Comics a weekly Superman book. I would keep Greg Pak and add Jeff Parker and maybe a third writer. A weekly Action would replace superfluous books such as Batman/Superman and Superman/Wonder Woman. Team-up arcs between the three can occur in the weekly Action book. The new Action would be christened with a return to the original numbering. Action would have a team of rotating artists. There will be no need to have crossover after crossover because Action will be weekly.

This title would prominently feature a vast supporting cast. Cat, Lois, Lana, Bibbo, Maxima, Jimmy. Classic recipe Superman!

PS I would eventually make Detective a weekly and revive Adventure as a WW-centric weekly written by Tomasi and Jurgens.

Superman. The Superman book would be the big-concept adventures. I would put someone fresh on this book such as Steve Orlando.

One more:

Superboy: Written and drawn by Aaron Kuder. Maybe not realistic a workload, I'm not sure if the output would be on time, but I liked what he did with the last of the original Superboy run to salvage a mess. This time I'd have him write a new Kon-El based off my course correction theory, as the clone of Superman and Shay Veritas.

Having a bit of trouble thinking of what I'd like for Supergirl just yet.

As far as the creators thus far being all white, :Shrug: I'd like a woman writing Supergirl, but beyond that, I dont' even know what any of these other dudes look like to know their ethnicity. Doesn't really matter to me.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Ooooo why are all the characters they'll be writing about exclusively white characters? For shame. Characters of color exist in the Superman world too....
    elaborate your views instead of trying to mock.

I'm traying to be diverse while hiring good artist/writers. it is hard to be a woman on the world, u know.

PS I would eventually make Detective a weekly and revive Adventure as a WW-centric weekly written by Tomasi and Jurgens.
    ww isn't superman family. also jurgens and tomasi? just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Xon-Ur View Post

So you've managed to personally insult Landis (your comment was unclear) and all of us here by calling us racists (that comment WAS clear) because of who we chose as creators?

This isn't a civil rights discussion or platform, it's a comic book forum and a thread about who we want to write a fictional character's comic books.
    I didn't insult Landis, he just said exactly what a wrote on a interview. I didn't called anyone racist, we choose people who look like us majority of times. It isn't racist, just happens all time on movies and comics. But I was baffled by the lack of diversity

I just pointed out:
    hahaa the lists are so full of white men.
    I'm not lying, sorry if offended anyone. it wasn't my intention.
    Last edited by Tayswift; 12-06-2015 at 03:44 PM.

elaborate your views instead of trying to mock.

I'm traying to be diverse while hiring good artist/writers. it is hard to be a woman on the world, u know.
    So then your solution is to come on here and laugh at our ideas? What does that solve? What?! You were childish so I responded in kind.

For the record, 1) I'm a prod feminist 2)I myself am of color/a minority. 3) Marc Bernardin, Gabriel Hernandez, Annie Wu, and Marcial Toledano are all not white men. And I wasn't even actively looking for that. I was looking for talent. 4) Steel is a character of color......where's yours?

And just think, you could have just come on here and posted your female centered list and it would have gotten your point across without the childishness. Imagine that.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 12-06-2015 at 03:51 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    So then your solution is to come on here and laugh at our ideas? What does that solve? What?! You were childish so I responded in kind.

For the record, 1) I'm a prod feminist 2)I myself am of color/a minority. 3) Marc Bernardin, Gabriel Hernandez, Annie Wu, and Marcial Toledano are all not white men. And I wasn't even actively looking for that. I was looking for talent.

And just think, you could have just come on here and posted your female centered list and it would have gotten your point across without the childishness. Imagine that.
    my intention wasn't to mock anyone, but I thought it was fun that majority were white men and women were only considered to supergirl. I didnt wanted to offend. I just did the reverse. I saw for some people who aren't white, but majority still is male. I think Simone was the last woman to write superman main books, and that was like 7 years ago. not it was 10 years ago.

my intention wasn't to mock anyone, but I thought it was fun that majority were white men and women were only considered to supergirl. I didnt wanted to offend. I just did the reverse. I saw for some people who aren't white, but majority still is male.
    If you just wanted to express that you'd like to see more females on the books then just write that: "I'd like to see more females/people of color on the books". Then simply write out your list. "hahaa the lists are so full of white men" Is childish. You don't know who we are behind these computers. You don't know why we picked these people.

If you want to educate everyone here on the up and coming great female and people of color creators then do that. "hahaa the lists are so full of white men" does not do that. I for one am desperately waiting to see more people of color and females get a hold of Superman. But to be VERY VERY clear, I don't think they'd automatically be better writers or even different writers than the ones we have now.

In the end talent and vision are what I want to see come to Superman.

Anyways, I'm done here. Good bye.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 12-06-2015 at 04:31 PM.

I didn't called anyone racist,
    No you merely implied that we were. Also implied that we're sexist because of the lack of female writers.

we choose people who look like us majority of times. It isn't racist, just happens all time on movies and comics. But I was baffled by the lack of diversity
    Other than Morrison (who I left off my lists) and maybe Pak (I think I saw a pic once?) I have no idea what any of these people look like or who they spend their time with between the sheets. But I know Pak isnt white (he's multi-ethnic I think?). As for diversity, I want good writers and artists on my Superman books. I dont care if they're white, black, men, women, gay, straight, trans....I have absolutely zero interest in any of that. The only thing that matters is whether they understand the character and can pump out quality product on a deadline.

Just FYI, that's true equality, not hiring someone just because of their gender, race, or sexual orientation. Talent is the only consideration I gave this, and I would be amazed if the majority here were any different.

For all you (or I) know, Sacred Knight is a trans black woman, Superlad is a gay Asian man, and I'm a sentient shade of blue. Dont assume. You dont know us.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

I think Tayswift is either a troll, is having trouble because his/her first language isn't English, or both.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Last I'd heard Ewing wasn't signed up to a Marvel exclusive, but going by that restriction and assuming we're sticking with the current continuity...

Action Comics: Jonathan Hickman and Marco Checchetto (last I heard Checchetto wasn't exclusively on a Marvel contract) leading the line with a pretty heavy sci-fi focus. The "big/serious" Superman book.

Superman: Joe Keatinge and Doc Shaner (I wouldn't have picked him in the past for New 52 Superman, but he made the current Green Lantern look just fine, so let's give it a shot), following up on the story Keatinge set up in Adventures of Superman #16, which he said would be the prologue to his theoretical longer-form Superman run. When his run wraps, Charlotte Finn takes over as writer doing whatever she wants, and Shaner stays as artist forever and ever and ever and ever. The fun pop superhero Superman book.

Superman: The Man of Tomorrow: China Mieville and Aco doing stories of t-shirt Superman in the first 6 months of his career, with the option to move forward from there if so desired. The "down-to-Earth/mature" Superman book; maybe Warren Ellis or Tom King could have a fill-in arc or two. I'd have Steve Orlando and David Messina take over once Mieville and Aco finished.

Batman/Superman: Tom Taylor and Yanick Paquette; I suspect Taylor's upcoming fill-in arc might be a field test for him taking the book anyway, and I think he'd be a fine choice, with Paquette giving it A-list art. Go continuity-lite like JLA, as suggested.

Supergirl: Genevive Valentine and Pete Woods, since Woods is good and Valentine seems the solid consensus (only read one of her stories, but it was good so I'm good with it).

(This isn't including my street-level Greg Pak/Aaron Kuder Superboy book or my continuity-free anthology Adventures of Superman, but presumably they'd come in the future as the runaway success of my line brought about the desire for more material)

BONUS TITLES (Not under the Superman banner)

Superman: Man of Steel: Sholly Fisch and Wilfredo Torres doing an all-ages Superman title that'd be under an all-ages banner along with Batman & Robin, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel Family and Justice League titles rather than Superman editorial.

Legion of Superheroes: Tom King and Mikel Janin
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 02-14-2016 at 09:12 PM.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

No you merely implied that we were. Also implied that we're sexist because of the lack of female writers.
    not I didn't, i pointed out the problems. alonso also said people were calling him racist because of the lack of pwomen and poc on Anad initial announcements. people were just pointing out more diversity

Other than Morrison (who I left off my lists) and maybe Pak (I think I saw a pic once?) I have no idea what any of these people look like or who they spend their time with between the sheets. But I know Pak isnt white (he's multi-ethnic I think?). As for diversity, I want good writers and artists on my Superman books. I dont care if they're white, black, men, women, gay, straight, trans....I have absolutely zero interest in any of that. The only thing that matters is whether they understand the character and can pump out quality product on a deadline.

Just FYI, that's true equality, not hiring someone just because of their gender, race, or sexual orientation. Talent is the only consideration I gave this, and I would be amazed if the majority here were any different.

For all you (or I) know, Sacred Knight is a trans black woman, Superlad is a gay Asian man, and I'm a sentient shade of blue. Dont assume. You dont know us.
    greg pak is asian american, korean descedent.

well choose the best writer/penciller is subjective. this argument never lead to any diversification, only to keep the status quo on comics between men, specially white;

like Lobdell keep getting gigs at DC despite being a bad writer. he is the best writer for the job? of course not, but who cares.
    then try to choose a woman and everything is "best writer about job, see no gender or color"

I'm not saying choose somebody because of gender/color, but to research and give different people a chance. life is much easier for white males than anyone else.

I don't see how my list is inferior to anyone. I just did thinking about new talents that deserve a chance, noelle stevenson win many awards and has amovie from her works to be made. gail simone solid talent, also charlotte of oz is new, just put her with a experienced writer like I suggested.

I really don't know whos is posting here.
    Last edited by Tayswift; 12-06-2015 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Last I'd heard Ewing wasn't signed up to a Marvel exclusive, but going by that restriction and assuming we're sticking with the current continuity...

Action Comics: Jonathan Hickman and Marco Checchetto (last I heard Checchetto wasn't exclusively on a Marvel contract) leading the line with a pretty heavy sci-fi focus.
    Isnt Hickman a Marvel exclusive? If not, then DC needs to throw buckets of money at him until he agrees to write for them (Superman preferably) until either the fans revolt or he dies of old age. And if his quality holds up, I'll help donate to stem cell research to keep that good old bastard going for centuries.

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Isnt Hickman a Marvel exclusive? If not, then DC needs to throw buckets of money at him until he agrees to write for them (Superman preferably) until either the fans revolt or he dies of old age. And if his quality holds up, I'll help donate to stem cell research to keep that good old bastard going for centuries.
    Secret Wars is his last Marvel project for at least a year or so, he's currently working for Image and has been throughout his time at Marvel. As far as I'm aware, nothing is currently barring him from DC aside from maybe lack of interest.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Secret Wars is his last Marvel project for at least a year or so, he's currently working for Image and has been throughout his time at Marvel. As far as I'm aware, nothing is currently barring him from DC aside from maybe lack of interest.
    Holy sh!t, Hickman is free/ has been free?! Why isn't there a DC task force made just to get that guy on a Superman book?! For the love of god< give that man an out of continuity book and his pick of artist (seems to be working really well for Landis).

I mean is the current state of the character what he doesn't like? Or maybe the editors? Change what you have to in order to get this dude!