Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    BANNED

Two issues into American Alien and I am convinced that Max Landis could do some interesting things with Superboy. If I were to do a Superboy series, first and foremost I would have Kon or Con (?) act like a kid. Sure, you're a superhero, but that doesn't mean you should stop being being a kid. Have some fun. Being an adult kinda sucks.

OffTopic: Is there any way he could be retconned as a full blown Kryptonian? I never liked clones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Two issues into American Alien and I am convinced that Max Landis could do some interesting things with Superboy. If I were to do a Superboy series, first and foremost I would have Kon or Con (?) act like a kid. Sure, you're a superhero, but that doesn't mean you should stop being being a kid. Have some fun. Being an adult kinda sucks.

OffTopic: Is there any way he could be retconned as a full blown Kryptonian? I never liked clones.
    NO,but great ideas

Just titles & concepts

1. ACTION COMICS = The flagship title whose name says it all. Superman at his most classicly super. Not much Clark Kent here.

2. SUPERMAN = The personal title. Clark Kent's perspective in both identities and his relationships with friends and enemies.

3. ADVENTURE COMICS = The flashback title. Teenage Kal-El in Smallville and with the proto-Legion of Super-Heroes. Ma and Pa Kent very much alive.

4. LOIS LANE = Her solo title has her all over Metropolis and the rest of the world as a reporter, with frequent appearances by other Superverse characters.

5. SUPERGIRL = Set in Metropolis (modern)

6. SUPERBOY = Set in Smallville (modern)

7. JIMMY OLSEN = Magnet for weirdness title (all over the universe) as DC's version of Rick Jones

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I wouldn't have crossovers exceed three months, and I'd definitely encourage communication between the creators. As for titles:

1. Action Comics - All Ages. Kal-El, from his fortress, has figured out how to save the whole wide world and beyond. David Lapham, Brad Walker, and Reilly Brown.

2. Superman - centered around Metropolis and its inhabitants, starring Clark and the Bugle. Tom King and Alessandro Vitti.

3. Men of Steel - Superman and Steel headline, but this is a team-up book with frequent guest stars and big adventures. Jeff Parker and Carlos D'anda.

4. Supergirl - giving readers a continuity light new title for the tv star. Mark Russell and Ming Doyle

5. LEGION: Earth 23 - Vril, Katar, Wildstar, and Stealth have landed in Cal's backyard. Tony Bedard and Dietrich Smith

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

1.Action Comics: Over the top Superman stories. High concept, super sci-fi, Superman at his most Super. The Superheroes' Super Hero
    2.Superman: Still Super heroic, but stories that highlight his connection with the common person and his inspirational impact
    3.World's Finest: Superman Family and Batman Family. Explores the friendship and philosophy of Superman and Batman and their impact on eachother's worldview. Yes superman has a philosophy
    4.The House of EL: Superman/Supergirl team up series. Superman trains Kara in Super Heroics, Kara trains Superman in the best of Krypton. High level Sci-Fi. Super geniuses run amok (would eventually spin-off into a Supergirl series
    5.Adventure Comics: Superman Family title Superman, Supergirl, Steel, Krypto, (I am anti Kon-El so i'd leave him alone or wait until someone could revamp him completely)
    6.The Legion of Superheroes: Superboy (jeans, t-shirt, cape, young Clark Kent/Kal-El from Smallville) teaming up with the Legion in the 31st Century. Supergirl is also a member.
    7.Superman/Wonderman: Power Couple: A book about Superman and Wonder Woman's relationship ups and downs. Highlight Amazonian super science and Kryptonian mythology/magic
    8.Lex Luthor: Stories showing Lex as the ultimate supervillain on Earth and beyond. Luthor needs to conquer some worlds already. He could do it "pre-emptively" and cause all kinds of problems for humanity in the process. Planet Lexxor would feature heavily in this as his powerbase. Luthor elevated to cosmic menace. The greatest criminal mastermind in the galaxy builds up his power to eventually take over the Earth.
    9.Lois Lane:Reporting on mysteries and supervillain conspiracies around the world. Clark Kent the super reporter would be the "villain/rival" in this.
    10:Steel: John Henry Irons international man of science, the anti-luthor, a brillaint scientist that uses his gifts for the betterment of humanity. I'd have him mentor Cyborg, and have Steel start a society of Super Scientists with Superman, The Atom, The Flash, Mr. Terrific, Dr. Light, Supergirl, and Doc Magnus as founding members. Steel would create the vision for this and it would anchor this group who'd all be working towards something huge that may lead into a cross over if things go wrong.
    11. President Superman: The Adventures of Calvin Ellis the Superman of Earth 23. Adventures in the Multiverse, team-ups with Supermen from all over the cosmos.

Bonus round:
    New Gods: Connected to Superman and Wonder Woman. New Genesis and Apokalips warring all over the Multiverse with heroes and old gods all caught up in between.

Superman and Wonder Woman need to be under the same editor, the New Gods should be under the same editor as well.

BANNED

I hate that DC allowed kon to be destroyed so badly that so maNY don't even want him on their lists here.

Incredible Member

1. Superman - Powers and costume are back, but no more secret identity. Hire Max Landis and have him go anywhere with it.

2. Action Comics - Pak/Kuder doing their thing. Steel and Lana as frequent supporting characters.

3. Supergirl - Kara in high-school/college. Stargirl as a supporting character/rival. By the Starfire team, but without the Conner covers.

4. Legion of Superheroes - Young Clark being taken to the 31st century to join Lightning Lad, Bouncing Boy, Brainiac 5, etc. Someone like Saiz or Kerschel on art.

5. Lex Luthor - My out there idea: Lex aims to best Superman and save mankind by privately funding a mission to find habitable and resource-rich worlds out in the universe for man to conquer. He brings on a crew including Bizarro, Mercy, Captain Cold, maybe Parasite and some others. Out in the universe he gains new perspective on himself and flirts with the idea of redemption, only for his true intentions to come out. Have him side with a planet's rebels to overthrow its dictatorship only to take over himself and wipe out the planet's population. Have him give up on Earth and instead successfully convince a sizeable portion of Earth's population to migrate to this new world on the basis of it being a 'superhuman/alien-free' world, the ultimate f-u to Superman.

Next, while I'm not particularly drawn to Batman/Superman & Superman/Wonder Woman as ongoings, these are my suggestions:

Superman/Wonder Woman - Have their worlds collide more often, ie: frequent interactions between supporting characters like Jimmy and Hera, team-ups between villains like Lex and Hades, a Kryptonian/Olympus war, etc.

Batman/Superman - Ditto^. I wanna see some Jimmy Olsen and Jim Gordon, Croc and Bizarro, etc. Maybe send Bats and Supes on a bromantic mission in space, exploring a Krypton colony or something. Lastly, maybe make them roomies for whatever reason, either in Wayne Manor or Clark's apartment.

I also think they could just merge the B/S and S/WW books into The Worlds' Finest. Some arcs/issues about two characters, other times all three.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 01-11-2016 at 09:46 AM.

Fantastic Member

Not sure about creative teams but my 5 titles would be:

Superman-- The flagship title

Action Comics-- Telling single issue stories with the Man of Steel as lead.

Supergirl

Superman Family -- Superman's supporting cast will feature prominently in this book.

Lois Lane-- Basically a book depicting Lois's point of view about the DC universe in general. She would be able to go all over the world and depict a behind the scenes look at the DC universe. You could have many guest stars.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm not sure if I'd see about getting the identity restored, but I sure do miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    I hate that DC allowed kon to be destroyed so badly that so maNY don't even want him on their lists here.
    LOL, if I'm honest, that's totally had an influence on what I'd aim for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I'm not sure if I'd see about getting the identity restored, but I sure do miss it.

LOL, if I'm honest, that's totally had an influence on what I'd aim for.
    I don't really want the old identity restored either,in would rather have a mix of YJ TV show and original Kesel kon,like my avatar if I had my way,BUT the old way was better than what we have now by leaps and bounds.

Ok i would just say for all those who don't add kon to these list,don't think of using this "broken" kon,just go with the one from the past or a new cleaned up version as the superboy you use,maybe kon will get on more lists that way