Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    RightClops was the birth of modern cyclops that made him one x man to (edit: rule?) the X man
    And this is a good thing for a franchise based around team books?

They didn't make Cyclops 'better', they made him into Poochie. No, shut up, that's what he is now. He's Poochie. He's the center of attention whenever he's around, and when he's not, all any other character can talk about is where he's gone. He's gone full Poochie.

And I really wish we could skip to the part where he dies on the way back to his home planet and everything reverts to the Itchy & Scratchy Show as god intended.

Failing that he'll show up in Uncanny, render Extraordinary worthless and we've got another few years of the 'only worthwhile' X-book being the Greg Cocking Land book to look forward to. Cue limpest possible fanfare.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Is it just me or is the title of the thread kinda demeaning to Tyke, especially since he is meant to be Cyclops as well.

Since I'm not Cyclops biggest fan then my answer would be none but he will more than likely appear as a guest in the full line.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibinaci View Post
    Lol

Hi kids!
    Do you like fantasy violence?
    Wanna watch me shoot beams of force when I open my eyelids?
    Wanna copy me, and do exactly like I did?
    Mess around on your wife with Emma Frost and get your life f-ed up worse than my life is?
    My visor's dead weight, trying to get alternate future kids straight.
    But I can't decide which cookoo to impregnate(come here, Irma!)
    And Wolverine said "Think of of the children!"
    I do.
    "Then why's Idie killing now? man, her innocence wasted"
    Well, since since "The Twelve" I've felt like I'm someone else
    'Cause En Sabah Nur hung my original self with my red belt
    Got pissed and ripped Emma's bustier off
    hit it so hard, spun her head like Prof X in Ultimatum
    Get more **** done in eight month gaps than all ya'll
    C'mere Psylocke (Scott! that's my girl, dog!)
    I don't care, the Phoenix sent me to burn it all.
    I laughed at this, imo completely awesome
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 12-07-2015 at 02:23 AM.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    And this is a good thing for a franchise based around team books?

They didn't make Cyclops 'better', they made him into Poochie. No, shut up, that's what he is now. He's Poochie. He's the center of attention whenever he's around, and when he's not, all any other character can talk about is where he's gone. He's gone full Poochie.

And I really wish we could skip to the part where he dies on the way back to his home planet and everything reverts to the Itchy & Scratchy Show as god intended.

Failing that he'll show up in Uncanny, render Extraordinary worthless and we've got another few years of the 'only worthwhile' X-book being the Greg Cocking Land book to look forward to. Cue limpest possible fanfare.
    Well, Magik and Teen Jean, another couple of spotlight stealers, are part of that book, so i think that All New would be the one with that fate.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, Magik and Teen Jean, another couple of spotlight stealers, are part of that book, so i think that All New would be the one with that fate.
    Very unlikely. ANXM is the only team book that is not solely focused around No More Mutants 2.0 and doom and gloom. Everybody who doesn't have interest in that or doesn't want to see Magnetos new Brotherhood drawn by the world-renowned Greg Land will flock to that book.
    And to be honest if EXM does not step up its game soon I see a repeat of last year happening where ANXM trumped everything else. EXM is selling now because it's called the flagship and because it was the first X-book to be released. I think it was even said that the other books got pushed back to make room for it but that will only get you so far. The actual story that we got in the 3 issues that have been released so far wasn't that interesting. Heck the only interesting plot point (Magik and Colossus meeting Sinister) was completely dropped in the last issue when the fight scenes could have gotten cut in half and nothing would have been lost. Setup is fine and often necessary but you shouldn't overdo it.
    "This is me being reasonable"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Very unlikely. ANXM is the only team book that is not solely focused around No More Mutants 2.0 and doom and gloom. Everybody who doesn't have interest in that or doesn't want to see Magnetos new Brotherhood drawn by the world-renowned Greg Land will flock to that book.
    And to be honest if EXM does not step up its game soon I see a repeat of last year happening where ANXM trumped everything else. EXM is selling now because it's called the flagship and because it was the first X-book to be released. I think it was even said that the other books got pushed back to make room for it but that will only get you so far. The actual story that we got in the 3 issues that have been released so far wasn't that interesting. Heck the only interesting plot point (Magik and Colossus meeting Sinister) was completely dropped in the last issue when the fight scenes could have gotten cut in half and nothing would have been lost. Setup is fine and often necessary but you shouldn't overdo it.
    No kidding. We got more plot development in one issue of All-New than we've had so far in THREE issues of Extraordinary.

For that matter, there's more development than we got in ANY single six-issue arc of Bendis's run...

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    His ghost is everywhere!

I never seen this before in all my years reading comics. You don't see him in any book, yet he's still the most talked about character in the books and outside.
    Indeed it is strange and funny at the same time.

You do not have an issue where someone does not make some reference about him or what he did .

As for Cyclops ghosts is a shame that they are being shown only as a group of fanatics. One of the few things liked during the recent age of Bendis titles on X-mens is Cyclops and their revolution was beginning to bear fruits many people were supporting him and his cause and questioning why the government and the Avengers stopped them when he and X-mens were trying to create a Utopia in the world. Something totally new and unique in the history of X-mens but everything was into space a great plot was wasted and exchanged for a mess with time travel or the sexual orientation of Bobby just remembering makes my head hurt better stop here.
    Last edited by Knives; 12-07-2015 at 06:36 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm still hoping he shows up in Uncanny Inhumans; he WAS on the preview. Hopefully he has a new costume.

This is the big question surrounding the X-books in 2016. Right now, there are two major theories out there.

First, there's the 4chan rumor that says Cyclops will be the secret member that Cullen Bunn teased for Uncanny X-men. It also says that he'll be aiding Magneto's team from the shadows, just as he did with X-Force during the pre-Schism era. Now I didn't give this rumor that much credence until recently. This same rumor said that X-Haven was located in Limbo and that turned out to be correct. So it's entirely possible that this part will be correct as well. Cyclops has shown in recent years a willingness to take a more Black Ops approach to X-men. And if he's the most hated person on the planet, then he HAS to do it from the shadows. So I think this is likely and as it just so happens, Uncanny X-men was one of the X-books delayed until 2016. Coincidence? We'll find out soon enough.

Second, there's the new theory that Cyclops will be a horsemen in the upcoming Apocalypse Wars event in 2016. This is just pure speculation, but it makes sense. Cyclops has a history with Apocalypse. And he wouldn't be the first dead character to come back as a horseman. Daken did it as recently as last year. Given the many dark turns Marvel has taken with Cyclops' character, this does make sense. However, it's still speculation. Even so, I think it's probably more likely than the 4chan rumor.

Personally, I don't think either will pan out well for Cyclops in the long run. Marvel just can't seem to stop denigrating and deconstructing his character. Just being a leader and a boy scout wasn't enough for them. All that progress he made towards redeeming himself during Bendis' run was destroyed off-panel. So for the time being, I think it's best to assume that Marvel will keep trying to make Cyclops a villain and if anyone wants to see the Cyclops they know, X-men 92 is the only game in town.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The fact that there's an event on the horizon called Apocalypse Events is only further proof that 4chan was full of shite as usual. They were wrong about a lot of things. Cyclops will be in a book called Astonishing X-Men.

The Astonishing X-Men will reunite as Cyclops, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Lockheed, Beast, REAL Wolverine and Colossus

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    No kidding. We got more plot development in one issue of All-New than we've had so far in THREE issues of Extraordinary.

For that matter, there's more development than we got in ANY single six-issue arc of Bendis's run...
    ANXM hits a lot of right notes in my book :
    -Sort of confirmed what happened to Cyclops
    -give us Tyke pov wich is having cyclops in a way
    -Assemble the team in one issue
    -The way the team was assembled, "Scott summers is our friends, he's a partner and mutant in need let's go!". No hesitation, no doubt no second thought, just jump to do what we were always taught.

Hopeless is doing q great job, the pacing is fast as hell, he has mark bagley son don't be surprised if there's double shipping

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The fact that there's an event on the horizon called Apocalypse Events is only further proof that 4chan was full of shite as usual. They were wrong about a lot of things. Cyclops will be in a book called Astonishing X-Men.

The Astonishing X-Men will reunite as Cyclops, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Lockheed, Beast, REAL Wolverine and Colossus
    Well, i dont know what are you having but i want some too.

Now in all seriousness, where did you read that ?.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post

ANXM Vol(1), had several selling factors that the second volume is missing! I think ANXM Vol(2) is going to sink or swim on the merits of the books around it rather than anything happening in that book, because the other books will affect things within the larger X-verse on a more meaningful level, that's not to say that they'll be written better but I don't think it will outsell EXM or UXM!!!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 12-07-2015 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, i dont know what are you having but i want some too.

Now in all seriousness, where did you read that ?.
    There is none, that's just rampant speculation. But if you notice the X-Men who are either not with the X-Men or are AWOL are the Astonishing X-Men. Kitty with the GOG, Cyclops, Lockheed and Emma MIA, Beast with the Inhumans, Wolverine dead and well I guess sub out Colossus for Rogue.

Incredible Member

Hah. You underestimate the Power of the Dark Side! (Which is a Disney owns rights to both reference, and will do as they please)

Tyke IS the REAL CYCLOPS! And no, I'm not corroborating. But what it comes down to his an overhauling retcon in the diminishing and defamation of the X-men in general. The prolonged existence of the O5 out of their timeline creates a quantum paradox. If they , and with themTyke never return to the past then that undoes the current timeline Cyclops, and the rest of the O5. If the originals are removed and reinvented then it debases their futures selves, as well as the future of all Mutantkind via the impact they should have had on their future teammates and the world as a whole. Thus the. 616 Cyclops we know as the "Real" Cyclops, is a paradoxical illusion meant to fade into no existence .

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    Magneto was recognized as the leader of a sovereign nation when he had Genosha. The Inhumans have always been recognized as such, they just have permission from the UN to have their own diplomatic aid program that can operate across borders now, something they never needed in the past.
    Magneto took over a chunk of land and deemed it so. The world never "accepted" it, they had no choice but to tolerate it short of creating WWIII. Magneto never gave the world a chance. The borders were closed and he never entertained the idea of coexisting much less a delegation of international representatives, which is a big part of being recognized. True, the Inhumans are seeking the ability to give aide, but one can argue the X-Men attempted that through their works for years with very little positive return. His relationship with world leaders was more like the US and Cuba. Not really the same. If it was, it wouldnt have ended the way it did. Latveria had more legitimacy than Magneto's Genosha.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.