Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 64
  1. #46
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Miami... the good one.
    Posts
    4,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    By international recognition you mean the whole marvel editors giving the writer green light to do that...

    Are we talking Meta, or stuff that actually happened in the book? Because your 100% right, but I'm reasoning story, not Marvel politics. Whether it was done organically or not... We don't know how much "blame" is actually being dumped on the X-Men. To be honest they can completely villainize the X-Men very soon and theres nothing we can do about it because they can say it all happened off panel during the magical 8 month gap that we know little to nothing about. How convenient.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

  2. #47
    Astonishing Member Galerion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    ANXM Vol(1), had several selling factors that the second volume is missing! I think ANXM Vol(2) is going to sink or swim on the merits of the books around it rather than anything happening in that book, because the other books will affect things within the larger X-verse on a more meaningful level, that's not to say that they'll be written better but I don't think it will outsell EXM or UXM!!!
    Time will tell.
    Evan aka Genesis is the the character with strongest ties to the upcoming Apocalypse event since well he is Apocalypse in a way and could be at any time as AXIS has shown.
    Love talking about things you love and enjoy? So do I. Check out these threads for doing that.

    X-23: http://community.comicbookresources....ivory-to-steel
    Star Wars: http://community.comicbookresources....ce-be-with-you
    Lazarus: http://community.comicbookresources....cussion-thread

  3. #48
    Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    333

    Default

    I really think he should play the role of antagonist for a while instead of become a regular member. Perhaps he'll be the Villain that proceeds Sinister in EXM.

  4. #49
    Endangered Member Reality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Behind you.
    Posts
    962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Magneto took over a chunk of land and deemed it so. The world never "accepted" it, they had no choice but to tolerate it short of creating WWIII. Magneto never gave the world a chance. The borders were closed and he never entertained the idea of coexisting much less a delegation of international representatives, which is a big part of being recognized. True, the Inhumans are seeking the ability to give aide, but one can argue the X-Men attempted that through their works for years with very little positive return. His relationship with world leaders was more like the US and Cuba. Not really the same. If it was, it wouldnt have ended the way it did. Latveria had more legitimacy than Magneto's Genosha.
    So you're saying that Cuba wasn't a sovereign nation? Because Geosha was doing far better until one person destroyed them completely. Their relationships with other nations didn't have anything at all to do with their destruction. Cassandra Nova was the be-all and end-all of that.

    Anyway, you're wrong. Magneto demanded a mutant homeland from the UN and they gave him Genosha because it had disintegrated anyway. It was like giving mutants Somalia and expecting them to be stuck with the problem, only for it to backfire by actually being successful. He was recognized by every country in the world as the leader of a sovereign nation.

  5. #50
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Miami... the good one.
    Posts
    4,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    So you're saying that Cuba wasn't a sovereign nation? Because Geosha was doing far better until one person destroyed them completely. Their relationships with other nations didn't have anything at all to do with their destruction. Cassandra Nova was the be-all and end-all of that.

    Anyway, you're wrong. Magneto demanded a mutant homeland from the UN and they gave him Genosha because it had disintegrated anyway. It was like giving mutants Somalia and expecting them to be stuck with the problem, only for it to backfire by actually being successful. He was recognized by every country in the world as the leader of a sovereign nation.
    I said the relationship between US and Cuba. I was comparing the relationship... And if you see that as "official", fine, no point in arguing it. Not sure the UN is allowed to "give away" countries. But that might be more of a "meta" issue. And I never said anything about other nations having anything to do with Genoshas destruction at the hands of Nova and the Sentinels. Your making a lot of assumptions.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 12-07-2015 at 05:32 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

  6. #51
    Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    814

    Default

    At this point in the Marvel universe, all I can really bring myself to care about are what happens to Daredevil and adult Cyclops. Not even in that order. So, when we're gonna hear about adult Cyke's future is of utmost importance to me. I'm very glad someone has made this thread to talk about it!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    May I have your attention please?
    May I have your attention please?
    Will the real Slim Summers please stand up?
    I repeat, will the real Slim Summers please stand up?
    We're gonna have a problem here..
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibinaci View Post
    Lol

    Hi kids!
    Do you like fantasy violence?
    Wanna watch me shoot beams of force when I open my eyelids?
    Wanna copy me, and do exactly like I did?
    Mess around on your wife with Emma Frost and get your life f-ed up worse than my life is?
    My visor's dead weight, trying to get alternate future kids straight.
    But I can't decide which cookoo to impregnate(come here, Irma!)
    And Wolverine said "Think of of the children!"
    I do.
    "Then why's Idie killing now? man, her innocence wasted"
    Well, since since "The Twelve" I've felt like I'm someone else
    'Cause En Sabah Nur hung my original self with my red belt
    Got pissed and ripped Emma's bustier off
    hit it so hard, spun her head like Prof X in Ultimatum
    Get more shit done in eight month gaps than all ya'll
    C'mere Psylocke (Scott! that's my girl, dog!)
    I don't care, the Phoenix sent me to burn it all.
    Standing ovation for you two. Well done, people, well done.

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Is it just me or is the title of the thread kinda demeaning to Tyke, especially since he is meant to be Cyclops as well.
    The entire O5 are kinda demeaning to the rest of the Marvel fiction as well as us as readers. But, y'know, that's just my opinion ;-)

    Bringing them back was a bad idea. Making 2 of them wildly different than their original characterization for no good reason was even worse. Keeping them around indefinitely? I think it will eventually go down as one of the worst Marvel decisions of all time. Again, just my opinion. And I plan to give ANXM at least 2 more issues worth of a chance.

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The Astonishing X-Men will reunite as Cyclops, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Lockheed, Beast, REAL Wolverine and Colossus
    Probably pure fantasty, but, that would make me SO happy since Cyke and Colossus are two of my favorite mutants.
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

  7. #52
    Extraordinary Member Bl00dwerK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fibinaci View Post
    Lol

    Hi kids!
    Do you like fantasy violence?
    Wanna watch me shoot beams of force when I open my eyelids?
    Wanna copy me, and do exactly like I did?
    Mess around on your wife with Emma Frost and get your life f-ed up worse than my life is?
    My visor's dead weight, trying to get alternate future kids straight.
    But I can't decide which cookoo to impregnate(come here, Irma!)
    And Wolverine said "Think of of the children!"
    I do.
    "Then why's Idie killing now? man, her innocence wasted"
    Well, since since "The Twelve" I've felt like I'm someone else
    'Cause En Sabah Nur hung my original self with my red belt
    Got pissed and ripped Emma's bustier off
    hit it so hard, spun her head like Prof X in Ultimatum
    Get more shit done in eight month gaps than all ya'll
    C'mere Psylocke (Scott! that's my girl, dog!)
    I don't care, the Phoenix sent me to burn it all.
    Yeah, this needs to be done for real...

  8. #53
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Ruins of Genosha
    Posts
    2,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fibinaci View Post
    Lol

    Hi kids!
    Do you like fantasy violence?
    Wanna watch me shoot beams of force when I open my eyelids?
    Wanna copy me, and do exactly like I did?
    Mess around on your wife with Emma Frost and get your life f-ed up worse than my life is?
    My visor's dead weight, trying to get alternate future kids straight.
    But I can't decide which cookoo to impregnate(come here, Irma!)
    And Wolverine said "Think of of the children!"
    I do.
    "Then why's Idie killing now? man, her innocence wasted"
    Well, since since "The Twelve" I've felt like I'm someone else
    'Cause En Sabah Nur hung my original self with my red belt
    Got pissed and ripped Emma's bustier off
    hit it so hard, spun her head like Prof X in Ultimatum
    Get more shit done in eight month gaps than all ya'll
    C'mere Psylocke (Scott! that's my girl, dog!)
    I don't care, the Phoenix sent me to burn it all.
    You are on fire drop the next 16.Hey wait is Cyke singing this or Tyke?
    I think they are saving scoot to roll out a new X+I team.It will probably be the only way he can be redeemed after whatever horrible thing he did 8 months ago.

  9. #54
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    32

    Default

    They really turned him into a fascinating character, shame he is "dead"...i always found him a bit dull before.

  10. #55
    Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRLOVELEE View Post
    They really turned him into a fascinating character, shame he is "dead"...i always found him a bit dull before.
    I think the biggest reason why the recent Cyke character stuff works is because HE didn't change -- he is still as idealistic as ever. His character remains consistent. However, the world around him shifted what he believes to be the way to protect and defend mutants. So, his unshakable resolve is now pointed in a direction that many of his former allies don't completely agree with.

    Also, these changes came about gradually over time across several small events -- not big, force-fed hype jobs.

    It all feels completely organic, and that's why it's worked to such success. That's why they were able to take a character that, despite being leader of the X-Men for decades, relatively few people cared about, and made him into a popular icon. Should be a lesson for how great character development and spotlight sharing CAN be done.
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

  11. #56
    Incredible Member kevinism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The fact that there's an event on the horizon called Apocalypse Events is only further proof that 4chan was full of shite as usual. They were wrong about a lot of things. Cyclops will be in a book called Astonishing X-Men.

    The Astonishing X-Men will reunite as Cyclops, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Lockheed, Beast, REAL Wolverine and Colossus
    This is close to what I am speculating as well. Missing members will come back and form a new team mid-2016.

  12. #57
    BANNED dragonmp93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Very unlikely. ANXM is the only team book that is not solely focused around No More Mutants 2.0 and doom and gloom. Everybody who doesn't have interest in that or doesn't want to see Magnetos new Brotherhood drawn by the world-renowned Greg Land will flock to that book.
    And to be honest if EXM does not step up its game soon I see a repeat of last year happening where ANXM trumped everything else. EXM is selling now because it's called the flagship and because it was the first X-book to be released. I think it was even said that the other books got pushed back to make room for it but that will only get you so far. The actual story that we got in the 3 issues that have been released so far wasn't that interesting. Heck the only interesting plot point (Magik and Colossus meeting Sinister) was completely dropped in the last issue when the fight scenes could have gotten cut in half and nothing would have been lost. Setup is fine and often necessary but you shouldn't overdo it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    No kidding. We got more plot development in one issue of All-New than we've had so far in THREE issues of Extraordinary.

    For that matter, there's more development than we got in ANY single six-issue arc of Bendis's run...
    And Bendis' X-books still sold around 50k despite that........................................

  13. #58
    Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    I think the biggest reason why the recent Cyke character stuff works is because HE didn't change -- he is still as idealistic as ever. His character remains consistent. However, the world around him shifted what he believes to be the way to protect and defend mutants. So, his unshakable resolve is now pointed in a direction that many of his former allies don't completely agree with.

    Also, these changes came about gradually over time across several small events -- not big, force-fed hype jobs.

    It all feels completely organic, and that's why it's worked to such success. That's why they were able to take a character that, despite being leader of the X-Men for decades, relatively few people cared about, and made him into a popular icon. Should be a lesson for how great character development and spotlight sharing CAN be done.
    Well said.

    Its an example of how multiple writers created story for a character that formed a large character arc, which was done almost certainly unintentionally. I do think Bendis kinda reserved the forward momentum that the character arc was building though. Hopefully this whole attacking the Inhumans thing puts him back on the path(I'm assuming his character is still alive)

  14. #59
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    13,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    And Bendis' X-books still sold around 50k despite that........................................
    I see it as the same as how Michael Bay's movies still make hundreds of millions of dollars despite just being two hours of explosions devoid of plot.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: N/A

  15. #60
    Incredible Member kevinism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Magneto took over a chunk of land and deemed it so. The world never "accepted" it, they had no choice but to tolerate it short of creating WWIII. Magneto never gave the world a chance. The borders were closed and he never entertained the idea of coexisting much less a delegation of international representatives, which is a big part of being recognized. True, the Inhumans are seeking the ability to give aide, but one can argue the X-Men attempted that through their works for years with very little positive return. His relationship with world leaders was more like the US and Cuba. Not really the same. If it was, it wouldnt have ended the way it did. Latveria had more legitimacy than Magneto's Genosha.
    Actually, the UN gave the land to Magneto to rule, which is about as legitimate as you can get.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •